Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match: Magpies v. Weagles. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

After giving it a bit more thought, a win like yesterday a step in the right direction so it would be nice to hang out the NO CHANGE shingle.

Varcoe not as bad as some suggest, was apparently just tightness and if needed he could have played on yesterday. See how he comes up once he's cooled down.

While I didn't agree with Cloke being dropped, think he'll likely get at least a couple of VFL games now that the decision has been made.

Sinclair, Langdon, Broomhead, Goodyear and Wills in the mix. Not sure who would be omitted.

Smith had a handy debut and I do like players to get a couple of games once they've debuted but he may still make way for either Sinkers or Langdon. Maynard had his best game YTD so hard to see him miss. Aish is vulnerable but I think he'll be allowed some leniency to settle him into the team.

Be interested to see the injury report when it lands.

Last edited by jackcass on Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:36 pm

Bob Sugar wrote:
Lazza wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Oh and Cloke is no chance to return if I read the mood of Buckley on footy classified right.

Nor should he. Cloke needs to find his form in the VFL. Very simple solution for him.

Statistically he was the least effective player on the ground in the VFL, damning!!

Not sure what's going on with him but players don't fall off the cliff that quickly.

We are in rare agreement Sweetie pie Sugar!

They say that form is temporary but class is permanent.

We will have to wait and see patiently............ Wink

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:37 pm

jackcass wrote:
Sinclair, Langdon, Broomhead, Goodyear and Mills in the mix. Not sure who would be omitted.

Wow! Patty Mills will be exciting to watch Daz................ Twisted Evil Razz Wink

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:41 pm

jackcass wrote:
Be interested to see the injury report when it lands.

Almost impossible to speculate about the team without knowing the exact extent of Varcoe's injury. I have heard everything from him missing 4-6 weeks to him having been taken off just as a pure precaution and being available for selection this week. Like you, ideally I would love to have no change for this week but it’s a wait and see situation as per usual.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:43 pm

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Sinclair, Langdon, Broomhead, Goodyear and Mills in the mix. Not sure who would be omitted.

Wow! Patty Mills will be exciting to watch Daz................ Twisted Evil Razz Wink

Very Happy Shocked Embarassed
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:45 pm

Lazza wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:
Lazza wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Oh and Cloke is no chance to return if I read the mood of Buckley on footy classified right.

Nor should he. Cloke needs to find his form in the VFL. Very simple solution for him.

Statistically he was the least effective player on the ground in the VFL, damning!!

Not sure what's going on with him but players don't fall off the cliff that quickly.

We are in rare agreement Sweetie pie Sugar!

They say that form is temporary but class is permanent.

We will have to wait and see patiently............ Wink

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=5&playerStatus2=A&tid2=5&type=A&pid1=1521&pid2=4023&fid1=S&fid2=S

Just saying!
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:49 pm

Doesn't get much tougher than this week. Might sound defeatist but given the current state of both teams and especially the location, I think we'll do well to get within 4 goals.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:29 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Yep, if Sidebottom plays a 50 possession, 8-goal game in the centre, we are some chance.

You don't set the bar high for him, do you?

P4S you missed the point. I wasn't expecting him to have 50 and kick 8 I was sugg sting his involvement needed to be the same across 4qtrs. I wouldn't expect him to have 22 and kick 4 goals in th first half of all games but remember who we were playing they are a rabble and we are only a couple steps in front of them.
My expectation would be to have around 30 and kick 1 or 2 but have it spread out over 4 qtrs
No point being a world beater for 50 minutes and do next to nothing the next 50.
My point is players like Pendles Swanny Ablett etc do it for 4qtrs nearly every week over a season that's the challenge for Sidey going forward to lift himself into those realms

So, just the 6 Brownlow-vote-game, then? Wink
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:30 pm

We tagged Zaharakis yesterday with good effect and Greenwood is an really annoying &*(#er and I love it.

Bucks can you please tag Priddis this week just let Greenwood annoy him all day long, otherwise just give him the 3 brownlow votes now.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:38 pm

Always a thought trip going west but for mine will be a good test to see if last week was just a ordinary side playing against a rabble or have we actually improved at all

Team won't be to hard to pick just depends on Varcoe really

B Frost Brown Langdon
HB Oxley Reid Smith
C Crisp Treloar Sidebottom
HF Varcoe/Brromhead Moore Greenwood
F Fasalo Cox Howe
R Grundy Pendlebury Adams

Int DeGoey Blair Maynard Sinclair

Out Toovey Aish
In Langdon Sinclair
If Varcoe doesn't come up Broomhead straight in
I think Langdon and Sinclair are musts we will need some run and cohesion in the backs
Frost played well last week but we will need to be at our best to stop there mid field run and good delivery into there forward line to give our backs a chance
Play with high intensity and pressure all over the ground for 4 qtrs and who knows they aren't unbeatable Hawks have shown that time and again wet toast don't like being under pressure and like the wide open spaces so need to make them earn every touch
Moore and Cox worked well together they actually pulled defenders away leaving Fasalo and Sidey to have a lot of space which we need again
Love to tip us but don't know if I can
Heck why not pies by 8
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:39 pm

A showery week in Perth (10mm overnight) ahead with the chance of a shower Sunday.
Will be an important toss to win as the breeze will be howling towards the city end in the second half.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:39 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Yep, if Sidebottom plays a 50 possession, 8-goal game in the centre, we are some chance.

You don't set the bar high for him, do you?

P4S you missed the point. I wasn't expecting him to have 50 and kick 8 I was sugg sting his involvement needed to be the same across 4qtrs. I wouldn't expect him to have 22 and kick 4 goals in th first half of all games but remember who we were playing they are a rabble and we are only a couple steps in front of them.
My expectation would be to have around 30 and kick 1 or 2 but have it spread out over 4 qtrs
No point being a world beater for 50 minutes and do next to nothing the next 50.
My point is players like Pendles Swanny Ablett etc do it for 4qtrs nearly every week over a season that's the challenge for Sidey going forward to lift himself into those realms

So, just the 6 Brownlow-vote-game, then? Wink

I would have thought 8 Brownlow votes a game was more realistic 😜
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:43 pm

Lazza wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

Agree 100% Cloke now has to dominate VFL to earn a return. We can't be gifting games based on reputation. That goes for everyone from the to down.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:57 pm

Skids wrote:
A showery week in Perth (10mm overnight) ahead with the chance of a shower Sunday.
Will be an important toss to win as the breeze will be howling towards the city end in the second half.

It's raining there now, but it peters out during the week and the game's not until Sunday when there is only a 20% chance of a passing shower. So its possible it might be a bit slippery for a short period during the game. But with a forecast temp of 21C it'll get dry quick (and the sandy grounds over there drain fast).

As you say more a factor will be the wind - forecast to be up to 25 km/h by game time on Sunday, which will not only speed up the drying of any residual moisture but might also be worth a goal or two one at end of the ground.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:02 pm

Tough gig, I hope we can pull it off...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 3 of 19   

Jump to: