Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match: Magpies v. Weagles. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

MagpieBat wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
I be keeping a Very Close Eye on Aish Tommorow in the VFL

IF he doesn't travel...

Hope he doesn't do an Armstrong.

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:00 am

The build up to this game reminds me of the time I thought West Coast was going to flog us and then Andrew Tranquili came from the clouds and kicked six. I wonder who'll play the Tranqulli role this time?
Gone Critical 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:44 am

Tough ask to win in Perth. We got away with having Cox and Moore as our only gig forwards last week because our midfield was rampant. Unlikely to be so this week. Can't see where the goals will come from. Taylor and Varcoe out hurts. Bookies have probably got it right.
DT 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:47 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
Loss of Adams is really unfortunate. This game will be decided in the midfield, and we have just suffered a massive blow. Our only chance of winning depends on our midfield holding its own against theirs. With Adams gone now, we have lost our major grunt in and under. If we don't compete adequately for the central clearances, we will be smashed. Who will step to fill the void that Tay's absence has now created? I would throw Blair into the centre, in and under. Broomhead to take on the small forward role. Sinclair to drive us forward from half back and run to link up, a la Travis Varcoe. Only chance is to play fast, move the ball fast at all costs. If our midfield configuration hold up, and we can get the ball forward at speed, Broomhead and Fasolo maybe can contest the ball on the ground. Can Cox and Moore bring it to ground, and contest it there as well? I can visualize a very small window of opportunity. But it requires a massive lift from our midfielders, Greenwood, De Goey and Crisp.

Good observation. The side looks a bit unbalanced to me but we will need to do two things to have any chance. 1. Contest very well 2. Minimise giveaways by poor disposal

Last week offered a glimpse of hope amongst a month of gloom but that form will only be franked with a super competitive effort in Perth.

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:01 am

Absolute shock if we get up… the underdogs do occasionally win however a key will be the 1st qtr. If we have the intensity that we brought to Anzac game and keep that up for the game against the weagles most supporters will be happy - even if that results in a loss.

Need to let all teams appreciate that playing the Pies is going to be a tough game - win lose or draw!

I think throwing Blair in the mid more often is a good idea and let Broomy enjoy some time up forward. I really hope he plays - he can kick, moves well and has an x-factor we need - especially with Varcoe out again!

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:14 am

Dangles wrote:
The build up to this game reminds me of the time I thought West Coast was going to flog us and then Andrew Tranquili came from the clouds and kicked six. I wonder who'll play the Tranqulli role this time?

I was at that game and remember having a gut feeling we'd cause an upset. Big difference is it was at the G. No similar feelings this time around, I think we'll have a dip but if the eagles are on, it could get ugly.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:42 am

Dangles wrote:

Still one of my favorite games.

Memories of of the oh so close final of 94 also come to mind.

Where there'a will there's a way

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:00 am

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
Dangles wrote:

I was at that game and remember having a gut feeling we'd cause an upset. Big difference is it was at the G. No similar feelings this time around, I think we'll have a dip but if the eagles are on, it could get ugly.

I begrudgingly went to that game because the woman I was dating at the time was a West Coast supporter and wanted to go. Glad I did in the end. I still remember my step father (an Eagle's supporter) saying "Who's Tranquilli? Where do you keep finding these guys? Laughing

Anywho, maybe we'll get lucky tomorrow and the WC will think all they need to do is turn up to collect the four points and we can jump them. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by Dangles on Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:05 am

Earlier forecasts of some rain and a 25 km/h wind favouring one end of the ground at Subi have not eventuated.

The forecast for Sunday in Perth is now a max temp of 20C, with only a 5% chance of a shower and a "slight breeze".

So perfect conditions for teams to execute skilled movement of the ball - which will be necessary for Collingwood to take home the 4 points.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:19 pm

On the plane west...

https://twitter.com/brodiegrundy

grundy flys west2.jpg

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:29 pm

Woods wrote:
Earlier forecasts of some rain and a 25 km/h wind favouring one end of the ground at Subi have not eventuated.

The forecast for Sunday in Perth is now a max temp of 20C, with only a 5% chance of a shower and a "slight breeze".

So perfect conditions for teams to execute skilled movement of the ball - which will be necessary for Collingwood to take home the 4 points.

We had another 4mm of rain overnight, making that over 20mm for the week. It's calm and cool this morning. Still the odd shower around.
Fine with a soft 7 track Wink

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:12 pm

Anyone Know what Emergencies Went to Perth?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:50 pm

Frosty looks like robocop, the original one!
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:13 pm

Going to be a tough ask. Wet toast are a completely different kettle of fish on there own patch.
If I was in Bucks shoes after losing Varcoe and Adams I would change things up a bit to unsettle them
Start Blair on the guts he has one thing in his favour he's expendable and is a known decent tackler and can harass. Tell Levi to go to Priddis at the first contest and belt him right in the snout. Priddis likes to run free and be pretty so smash him at every contest and if you get cited cop the 2 weeks
Same goes for Shuey tell Crisp every time he gets the ball take him to ground the harder the better.
Up forward play Broomy he is a decent shot in front of goal and has a bit more pace than some.
Down back Brown and Frost get there 2 key forwards and Reid gets resting ruckman
I would start Cox in the ruck and tell him to keep jumping (knee first) into Nik Nat's thigh and try to cork him early. If that doesn't work land on his legs or body
Full on attack mode at all times and full on aggression. That's how the Hawks dismantle this lot
Nothing pretty just hard work and physicality at all contests.
If they beat us let them know they've been in a game
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:35 pm

Goodyear and Aish are Traveling Emergencies Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19   

Jump to: