Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match: Magpies v. Weagles. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Adams out apparently, knee.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:46 pm

Quote:
Patrick Keane ‏@AFL_PKeane ˇ 12m12 minutes ago
AFL advises Taylor Adams (knee) has withdrawn from Collingwood rd6 squad v WCoast.
Tom Phillips into 25.
Final 22 named later today.

https://twitter.com/AFL_PKeane/status/725890739662548993

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:47 pm

jackcass wrote:

Joins the Family I guess....... Twisted Evil Razz

(of injured players!)

Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:07 pm

jackcass wrote:

for fks sake Mad
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:30 pm

Hopefully he is right for next week.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:30 pm

Woods Of Ypres wrote:
jackcass wrote:

for fks sake Mad

Would be worse if this was a game we could win, no drama, we'll get flogged with or without him. I reckon Adams is a bit over-rated anyway. He'd be a good ordinary player in a top side, unfortunately he rates high on our list.

MONCO: Your life.
mattys123 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:48 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
Woods Of Ypres wrote:
jackcass wrote:

for fks sake Mad

Would be worse if this was a game we could win, no drama, we'll get flogged with or without him. I reckon Adams is a bit over-rated anyway. He'd be a good ordinary player in a top side, unfortunately he rates high on our list.

Actually I think it's the other way around. I think he would absolutely excel in a dominant team, Sam Mitchell like in fact. He showed that last week, with an injury yet he was still the best player on the ground (over the 4 quarters, Steele won us the game early).

Adams is the type of player every single team wants, and needs, that hard ball winner who runs all day and just gets better as others around him get tired.

He's highly, massively under rated within our own fan group, and would be leading the Copeland by some margin at the moment.

Tay's far from our problem, in fact he's one of the very few who seems to have improved this season on past years.

He's a huge out this week, 3-4 goal difference out, maybe even more.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:52 pm

mattys123 wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
Woods Of Ypres wrote:
jackcass wrote:

for fks sake Mad

Actually I think it's the other way around. I think he would absolutely excel in a dominant team, Sam Mitchell like in fact. He showed that last week, with an injury yet he was still the best player on the ground (over the 4 quarters, Steele won us the game early).

Adams is the type of player every single team wants, and needs, that hard ball winner who runs all day and just gets better as others around him get tired.

He's highly, massively under rated within our own fan group, and would be leading the Copeland by some margin at the moment.

Tay's far from our problem, in fact he's one of the very few who seems to have improved this season on past years.

Totally agree, had him as my BOG Monday. Will be seriously missed but as they say, 1 door closes, another opens.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:00 pm

Interesting that they put Phillips onto the team list when they could have just selected from the list as is (or is here a requirement to name a replacement to the 25)?

Congratulations to Phillips for making the 25 in any case.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:03 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Interesting that they put Phillips onto the team list when they could have just selected from the list as is (or is here a requirement to name a replacement to the 25)?

You can select from outside the named squad for the game but the AFL then fines you.... Rolling Eyes

Tanuki 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:04 pm

mattys123 wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
Woods Of Ypres wrote:
jackcass wrote:

for fks sake Mad

Yep, agree on that. He was great last, in particular very composed often precise coming off H.B.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:17 pm

Lazza wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

You can select from outside the named squad for the game but the AFL then fines you.... Rolling Eyes

That part I understand Lazza. Has Phillips gone straight into the 22 or on the bench of 5 till later today?

If he's not selected then why put his name forward or is it a requirement to have 25 per se? I suppose symbolically it's wonderful for him to see that he is part of the club's (active) considerations.

Last edited by watt price tully on Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:18 pm

I really thought we had a chance but with Adams out, means Sinclair is possibly in our best 22 available, so even The Cigar can't find a way for us to win this.

Need a sudden pilot/bus driver/AFL trainer strike Eddie.
This could be carnage if NicNat is in a bad mood.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:20 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Lazza wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

That part I understand Lazza. Has Phillips gone straight into the 22 or on the bench of 5 till later today?

If he's not selected then why put his name forward or is it a requirement to have 25 per se? I suppose symbolically it's wonderful for him to see that he is part of the club's (active) considerations.

it's semantics up until they confirm the 25. the new squad released post adams has blair in the 18 with phillips amongst the extended interchange.

SteveH67 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:55 pm

Adams out makes it harder.

In perspective, we played well on Monday in the 1st half, but Essendon were a very poor team.

We haven't beaten the Eagles over there since 2009.

Last edited by SteveH67 on Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 13 of 19   

Jump to: