Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match: Magpies v. Weagles. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:54 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

mattys123 wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
Criticism of Blair's first four games is reasonable. Criticising his Anzac game is just silly. A little understanding of Blair's role in Buckley's game plan would help. He's there to apply intense forward pressure, keep the ball in our forward fifty and kick goals. Until Monday he had not kicked goals, so sure, he deserved attention and there is no doubt he needed to lift his game, but he wasn't Robinson Crusoe there was he? I'd suggest he was well ahead of Cloke when it comes to being invested in the game plan. Considering the lack of forward pressure applied by his teammates, Blair wasn't as bad as might first appear. After his best game for the year, he deserves a little credit. Let's hope it's a turning point.

Ditto Crisp. He's been a shadow of the 2015 player. So too, De Goey. They both played with more vigour and confidence on Monday. Yep Crisp is still way off his best, but the signs were better.

Regarding Travis Cloke, it's been a steady decline from 2013. He wasn't much chop last year, but this year he has seemed off the boil and distracted. Wonder why that could be so? Bucks always talks about keeping private information 'in house' and there is always a lot the public doesn't know. In this case, I think we have a fair idea of the pressure Travis might have been under since Christmas.

Having naked selfies splashed around the internet and in magazines affter sending them to 'ladies' you've met in bars and continued to contact on-line, would put pressure on any relationship, especially one where an engagement celebration was pending.

Actually, Cloke is playing with the body language of a worried, perhaps depressed individual. I hope he can snap out of it and start enjoying himself soon.

Of course, my speculation could be well off the mark. I hear a lot about young men not being worried one bit about posting naked, compromising pics of themselves on the net. Swanny did it too and so did Keeffe. You have to wonder what is going on inside Lachie Keeffe's head at the moment though. Keeping a low profile? Naa, let's post naked pics to women I hardly know.

The drug news would not have helped our season either. A pin into a nicely inflated balloon is an apt metaphor.

I hope we can now settle and start playing footy again. It's the players and their effort that matters most. Bucks can't kick it for them. The plan has been developed all summer; fast movement out of defence, kicking long, hard running, centering the ball at the 50 m arc with an outlier or two to crumb. Worked well in the NAB games but then the players stopped working and then lost confidence......and we got key injuries.

I'm still optimistic we'll get back on track quickly. C'mon sadsacks (and you know who you are, as do we), start thinking positive......it's a game.

Blair is there to be our angry ant, his whole job is to annoy the opposition when the ball is in our forward zone. He didn't do that the first 4 weeks. He did that on ANZAC day. So he stays, for now.

Varcoe does what Blair is supposed to do so much better though, he showed that before he got injured.

That is so funny about Blair being the angry ant in our forward line.
When was the last time did you see Blair lay a bone crunching tackle or hit?
When was the last time did you see Blair run down the field chasing a man?
He is ok in the pack but as soon as the ball gets out he is useless.
The opposition mainly ignore him and that is why he gets a few uncontested marks in the F50 unlike Cloke who has 2 or 3 hanging off him.
The only thing that annoys the opposition is his size which allows Blair to get numerous free kicks for around the neck.
He is giving Duckwood a run for his money.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:38 am

thompsoc wrote:
mattys123 wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
Criticism of Blair's first four games is reasonable. Criticising his Anzac game is just silly. A little understanding of Blair's role in Buckley's game plan would help. He's there to apply intense forward pressure, keep the ball in our forward fifty and kick goals. Until Monday he had not kicked goals, so sure, he deserved attention and there is no doubt he needed to lift his game, but he wasn't Robinson Crusoe there was he? I'd suggest he was well ahead of Cloke when it comes to being invested in the game plan. Considering the lack of forward pressure applied by his teammates, Blair wasn't as bad as might first appear. After his best game for the year, he deserves a little credit. Let's hope it's a turning point.

Ditto Crisp. He's been a shadow of the 2015 player. So too, De Goey. They both played with more vigour and confidence on Monday. Yep Crisp is still way off his best, but the signs were better.

Regarding Travis Cloke, it's been a steady decline from 2013. He wasn't much chop last year, but this year he has seemed off the boil and distracted. Wonder why that could be so? Bucks always talks about keeping private information 'in house' and there is always a lot the public doesn't know. In this case, I think we have a fair idea of the pressure Travis might have been under since Christmas.

Having naked selfies splashed around the internet and in magazines affter sending them to 'ladies' you've met in bars and continued to contact on-line, would put pressure on any relationship, especially one where an engagement celebration was pending.

Actually, Cloke is playing with the body language of a worried, perhaps depressed individual. I hope he can snap out of it and start enjoying himself soon.

Of course, my speculation could be well off the mark. I hear a lot about young men not being worried one bit about posting naked, compromising pics of themselves on the net. Swanny did it too and so did Keeffe. You have to wonder what is going on inside Lachie Keeffe's head at the moment though. Keeping a low profile? Naa, let's post naked pics to women I hardly know.

The drug news would not have helped our season either. A pin into a nicely inflated balloon is an apt metaphor.

I hope we can now settle and start playing footy again. It's the players and their effort that matters most. Bucks can't kick it for them. The plan has been developed all summer; fast movement out of defence, kicking long, hard running, centering the ball at the 50 m arc with an outlier or two to crumb. Worked well in the NAB games but then the players stopped working and then lost confidence......and we got key injuries.

I'm still optimistic we'll get back on track quickly. C'mon sadsacks (and you know who you are, as do we), start thinking positive......it's a game.

Blair is there to be our angry ant, his whole job is to annoy the opposition when the ball is in our forward zone. He didn't do that the first 4 weeks. He did that on ANZAC day. So he stays, for now.

Varcoe does what Blair is supposed to do so much better though, he showed that before he got injured.

The opposition mainly ignore him and that is why he gets a few uncontested marks in the F50 unlike Cloke who has 2 or 3 hanging off him.
The only thing that annoys the opposition is his size which allows Blair to get numerous free kicks for around the neck.

I hear Blair laughing as he polishes his Premiership Medal! Laughing

www.facebook/the hybernators
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:43 am

Culprit wrote:
They are saying Varoce is a chance. Geez I wouldn't risk him.

Buckley's chance.

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:12 pm

As the week has worn on I've managed to convince myself that we could win this week. Geez, I'll be up and about if we do!
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:15 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Buckley's chance.

This is where we miss the depth of Corrie or Chad Morrison off half back!

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:05 pm

3rd degree wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Buckley's chance.

And now Armstrong as well
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:34 pm

jackcass wrote:
3rd degree wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Buckley's chance.

And now Armstrong as well

I want the other Cox back..... Twisted Evil

Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:02 pm

Hope Bucks continues with Adams cleaning up in the back line. I thought he was excellent in the first half against the Bombers, but after seeing the replay finally today, he was great all day.

I've been a critic of his disposal but never his endeavour, his disposal was also very good. Kicked a ripper goal.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:21 pm

3rd degree wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
mattys123 wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

Gee that was profound!
Could say the same thing about Jimmy Bartel and his mates shining their premiership medals in 2011.
That is right, the good old hobbit got toweled up that day, like he doe's most days.
But lets get distracted with floss.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:25 pm

Bucks2014 wrote:
Hope Bucks continues with Adams cleaning up in the back line. I thought he was excellent in the first half against the Bombers, but after seeing the replay finally today, he was great all day.

I've been a critic of his disposal but never his endeavour, his disposal was also very good. Kicked a ripper goal.

My heart is in my mouth at times when Adams (who is a very good player IMO) asks the fullback to kick to him in the backline from a behind. He is not our most reliable kick as you noted.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:31 pm

I thought Adams was our best all day performer (Sidebottom our best when the match needed to be won). If he can do that consistently maybe I'll change my mind on him playing at half back. That's only a maybe, it doesn't make the best use of his abilities (winning contested ball) and I'm not a fan of it.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:36 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
I thought Adams was our best all day performer (Sidebottom our best when the match needed to be won). If he can do that consistently maybe I'll change my mind on him playing at half back. That's only a maybe, it doesn't make the best use of his abilities (winning contested ball) and I'm not a fan of it.

how multi dimensional will our team look if we have guys that can play midfield, forward and off a flank? it also provides additional cover if we lose more to injury.

Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:43 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:

I agree, for some reason though he hasn't been winning contested ball in the middle. Maybe this was just a one off, anyway I liked it and that meant Pendles stayed in the middle.

My only criticism of the captain is please stop handballing to Grundy, he doesn't and can't think like Pendles.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:11 pm

thompsoc wrote:
3rd degree wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
mattys123 wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:

Gee that was profound!
Could say the same thing about Jimmy Bartel and his mates shining their premiership medals in 2011.
That is right, the good old hobbit got toweled up that day, like he doe's most days.
But lets get distracted with floss.

Blair did enough on Monday and more often than not kicks straight when he has a shot. Presently without Elliot we need another small forward who can kick straight. Hopefully over time that will be Crocker and sooner than that Broomhead. Is that profound or just stating the facts for you??

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:55 pm

At least you are sticking to the facts and not getting personal as seems to be the standard response with the lollipop brigade.
I still disagree with your analysis.
I don't have blind hate for Blair as some Posters always claim.
Last year I gave him best on ground during one match.
This wad noted by the mods when the votes were tallied on Nicks.
I don't think his game on Sunday was great.
It was certainly better than the previous 4 weeks.
When he consistently plays well, I will change my tune on him.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 9 of 19   

Jump to: