Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Some balance on Bucks please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

jackcass wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
I do believe that those who say that players should not need motivation from the coach have not played much football.
In my experience the coach makes a huge difference to motivation levels.

You might be going out every week to win with an average coach but with a terrific coach you are going out to inflict damage with belief and confidence.

Yeah, 280 senior AFL games, 7x AA, 6x B&F, Magarey Medal, Jack Oatey Medal for BOG in a SANFL GF, Norm Smith Medal... clearly, what would he know. We should get him to come back when he's played more footy! Might still get a game out in the burbs.

Fair point.
I meant for your typical player.
I don't think comparing Buckley to your normal player is going to fly with anyone.
If u said it to FIGGY he would probably snot you.

Perhaps this is the issue. Most people aren't as self confident. Just ask him.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:21 pm

jackcass wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
I do believe that those who say that players should not need motivation from the coach have not played much football.

You might be going out every week to win with an average coach but with a terrific coach you are going out to inflict damage with belief and confidence.

Yeah, 280 senior AFL games, 7x AA, 6x B&F, Magarey Medal, Jack Oatey Medal for BOG in a SANFL GF, Norm Smith Medal... clearly, what would he know. We should get him to come back when he's played more footy! Might still get a game out in the burbs.

Maybe for those who played rubbish football like yourself, Caringbush. You never made the grade because you didn't have the mental strength to play well without the coach nurse-maiding your character flaws. To win an AFL GF in the modern game every player must be completely self-motivated. Just look at Hawthorn - you think Clarkson needs to mentally prop up those players? You don't win GFs nowadays by being mentally weak and relying on others to bring the best out of yourself. You get paid to be a pro footballer - you must condition your mind to be a pro footballer.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:32 pm

I played sensational football.
Who has said otherwise?

What would Bucks know about winning Grand Finals anyway?
Yes I do think that Clarkson spends a lot of time on how to best motivate his players.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:37 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
jackcass wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:

Fair point.
I meant for your typical player.
I don't think comparing Buckley to your normal player is going to fly with anyone.
If u said it to FIGGY he would probably snot you.

Perhaps this is the issue. Most people aren't as self confident. Just ask him.

But it was Buckley who stated he didn't think he needed to motivate the players. Has said it on several occasions.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:40 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
I played sensational football.
Who has said otherwise?

Yes I do think that Clarkson spends a lot of time on how to best motivate his players.

I think you're confusing management with motivation which a very small sub-set of management.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:44 pm

We are talking about match-day motivation in the context that Maxy used it aren't we?

I am contending that most players will operate better under the Mick style than the Bucks style
Maxy said this is the biggest difference.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:52 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
We are talking about match-day motivation in the context that Maxy used it aren't we?

I am contending that most players will operate better under the Mick style than the Bucks style

Don't feed the troll mate.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:10 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:

So now we're reduced to delineating the specific type of motivation that you meant... and a Micks style versus Bucks style tangent...
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:19 pm

I can not assist you with what you may have reduced yourself to without the services of an electron microscope.
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:43 pm

First half yesterday was top notch then as we all expected the boys eased off. Did eveything they had to in that first half. During our contender years we rarely smashed sides, did enough to win the games comfortably and eased off so I'm not worried about the second half.

There was something there yesterday and I love that the boys took it upon themselves to celebrate each goal together.

Did we turn a corner? Dunno, but we didn't go backwards. Perhaps we've bottomed out now and the only way is up, albeit half a season later than planned? An honourable loss next week and I think that might be the case. Either way Bucks doesn't lose his job after a game against the Weagles over there.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:57 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:

Not meaning to dispute what you're saying because I have no idea what AFL coaches say to their players behind closed doors, but from my prospective when I played junior footy, I used to respond more to what the captain and senior players directed me to do out on the field than the the pre-match motivational speech from the coach (I was too worried about getting a kick to take in what the coach was saying). Also as a watcher of the game who attends a fair bit of VFL games and has stood outside the huddle at quarter time and three quarter time listening to the coach's address to the players, I can't say any of the speeches have had much affect on the result of the game.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:25 pm

Only a total moronic dipshit would not be happy with an eleven goal victory, and i have no doubt the players did it for the fans, and for the coach.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
roar 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:45 pm

Culprit wrote:
As for his coaching, my view is he is jinxed and whatever can go wrong, does go wrong. We win today, but lose Varcoe.

I have the same concern.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:35 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Only a total moronic dipshit would not be happy with an eleven goal victory, and i have no doubt the players did it for the fans, and for the coach.

Back to name calling again mate, just anyone who doesn't agree with you in general this time? Or is everyone at risk?

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:27 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:

What would Clarkson know about winning flags as a player anyway?? Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: