Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Some balance on Bucks please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Culprit wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
Culprit wrote:
My perception is Bucks let the players enjoy the win. He stood back at the end of the game when the trophy was being handed to the Captain as he wanted the win to be about them and not him.

Or he wasn't out on the ground yet because the game finished at 5:55 and Ch7 had the ceremony rushed in before the 6:00 news...
Could be as well. I reckon we will find out why tonight.

As for his coaching, my view is he is jinxed and whatever can go wrong, does go wrong. We win today, but lose Varcoe.

Don't know why they need to wait until 320 to start the game, stuffs up the flow of the whole day

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:19 pm

I love you Rudie but when it comes to Buckley and balance you ain't it.

He'll live or die by the deeds of the team this season as he should.

It's pretty simple if you take the emotion out of it.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:28 pm

swoop42 wrote:

Yes Swoop.
If we improve he stays and if we stagnate or go lower he goes.
There is no emotion, no histrionics just a simple equation.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:00 pm

swoop42 wrote:

You may be right swoop and honestly I don't know if Bucks can coach or not. All I know is that there's absolutely no sign of any rift between players and coach. In fact, they seem to love playing for him.
Museman 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:05 am

if they love playing for him then hes in all sorts, because then it is about his gp or lack thereof' his ability to best utilise each players assets and apply them within his plan, his structure and whether it stands up in the current state of football....

4 years of a shithouse kick in set up, and 4 years of even worse kick in defensive setup speaks volumes to me.

i do not hate bux and i do think he has had worse than average luck, but the simple things still show zero sign of improvement, i just dont think he can coach.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:49 am

The players may love him (but that's speculative at best), but from what I see with our set up and structures, they're diabolical and that's on Bucks and the coaching staff.

If we can't reach approximately 10 wins this year and we continue to see more inept performances more often than not, then Bucks will be rightfully sacked. I still have grave concerns about his coaching credentials but today allows him some breathing space to regroup and go again.

Redlight 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:58 am

Jezza wrote:
The players may love him (but that's speculative at best), but from what I see with our set up and structures, they're diabolical and that's on Bucks and the coaching staff.

If we can't reach approximately 10 wins this year and we continue to see more inept performances more often than not, then Bucks will be rightfully sacked. I still have grave concerns about his coaching credentials but today allows him some breathing space to regroup and go again.

No club that is struggling appears to have a good 'game plan' or 'structures' or 'set up', because struggling teams are probably not implementing those elements the way the coaches want them to.

Bucks was just on Footy Classified and it seems that the club decided to reload (in 2013) with a list profile and rebuild which is planned to see us contending in 2017. That's why his contract was extended to match that profile.

If that's the case it would be ludicrous if they sacked him before next year.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:11 am

Redlight wrote:
Jezza wrote:

No club that is struggling appears to have a good 'game plan' or 'structures' or 'set up', because struggling teams are probably not implementing those elements the way the coaches want them to.

Bucks was just on Footy Classified and it seems that the club decided to reload (in 2013) with a list profile and rebuild which is planned to see us contending in 2017. That's why his contract was extended to match that profile.

I've got no issues with the path of rebuilding at the end of 2013 as I always thought the list needed a rejuvenation of some kind, but I worry about whether he's the right man to lead the next generation to the promised land.

I know that 2017 has been considered the year of 'contending' but I think our current age profile has been designed that our peak will occur around 2019/2020 in my opinion rather than 2017, however 2017 may be the year when it's evident that the future is bright and success isn't too far away for us the way 2006-2008 was for us before we won the premiership in 2010.

Also, the club has made statements in recent years and none of them have been delivered. Pert's statement of expecting a premiership within three years at the start of 2014 will not eventuate and Bucks made statements in interviews dating back to 2014 that we would be better in 2015/2016 when in reality we've gone backwards since then.

I want it to all come together especially with Bucks masterminding a new dynasty, but I'm a skeptic that it will just happen and the stars will align for us one day, but I'll be happy to eat humble pie if he can succeed.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:55 am

Redlight wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Fair distance between beating Essendon and contending, I'd have thought. Oh well, if we're going to be playing off next year, we'd better get our skates on, I suppose.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:58 am

We are meant to be top-8 side this year minimum, but my expectations with this list are much higher.

We saw in the first 20 minutes what this side can do.
Unfortunately in the 2nd half we got out scored to what many thought would be one of the worst teams that ever took the field.

A very balanced performance
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:15 am

I watched footy classified last night for one of the few times to listen to Bucks. He believes:
The team can get better;
we can play finals,
Trav can come back (has to get his love of the game back);
Swan wants to play this year; and
He shouldn't have to motivate professional sportsman (players).

They started with a low-lights package that got stuck into him and he took in his stride. He hates Carro (who doesn't).

Overall he is handles the media very well and it's clear the players and the coaches are under the pump and yes as Collingwood Players and Coaches you are subjected to more scrutiny than any other club. The best and worst is exaggerated and he would love to be in the middle but that's Collingwood and he wouldn't have it any other way. As for the pressure of playing at Collingwood I get the perception that his view is that is how it is, get over it and perform. Shocked
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:59 am

I think all opinions have basis but for mine I see it a bit differently then most
Firstly I think the younger players love Bucks the problem would stem from a disconnect with some senior players who have seen friends moved on without emotion
I mean the likes of Cloke Brown Swan Toovey Goldsack mightn't feel appreciated or alternatively feel unwanted.
For a team to really be successful the message from the coach needs to be consistent and must be sold by the coach/es but more importantly must be sold to the younger players by the senior players and leadership.
Once there out on the field they can't hear the coach they can only hear there team mate next to them
Pendles is a champ and a hall of famer in waiting but he isn't a huge yeller or talker he is however a on field coach on the run it appears. If he has a weakness that's were other senior players need to fill the void.
As for motivation if a player needs the coach to motivate him to perform every week he's in the wrong game. Seriously the days of coaches ranting and raving and screaming at players is long gone. Yes they carry on in th coaches box still but the MM style is dead players don't respond to it. Look at Clarkson he isn't overly seen as a screamer but what he has is a strong senior group who hold everyone including other senior players to account if needed. Do our senior players do the same ??
Can he coach or not is open for debate and I for one still have real issues with some of our selections and our structures
That will be tested more as the season progresses.
I would like to see our best 22 get several games together first before saying he can't coach. Injuries haunt us like no other at times but that also creates opportunity for players like Cox & Smith
Let's see how the year pans out then look at the coach
But I agree Rudester there isn't a ounce of proof he's lost the players
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:38 pm

I do believe that those who say that players should not need motivation from the coach have not played much football.
In my experience the coach makes a huge difference to motivation levels.

You might be going out every week to win with an average coach but with a terrific coach you are going out to inflict damage with belief and confidence.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:05 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
I do believe that those who say that players should not need motivation from the coach have not played much football.
In my experience the coach makes a huge difference to motivation levels.

You might be going out every week to win with an average coach but with a terrific coach you are going out to inflict damage with belief and confidence.

Yeah, 280 senior AFL games, 7x AA, 6x B&F, Magarey Medal, Jack Oatey Medal for BOG in a SANFL GF, Norm Smith Medal... clearly, what would he know. We should get him to come back when he's played more footy! Might still get a game out in the burbs.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:14 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Wow , one win against a team of discarded hacks and babies and we get this.
People have judged Bux over 4 and a half years not 120 minutes.
And even today we lost the last 60 minutes.
Today was a good day and I think Sidey and Adams and Varcoe in the first half did extremely well.
We have an easy draw this year so making a run towards the finals is what we want.
Lets see how we go against good sides before the trumpets start blowing.
The VFL was a mess yesterday so there isn't much there.
Personally with Bux it isn't about winning so many games, it is all about directions and structure and heart.
We have 2 big games in the next month with the Eagles and Cats.
Lets wait for these games to see what direction we are heading in.

Yup, the main reason we won yesterday was because most of our players beat their opponents, most of those opponents how ever were VFL standard players.

I thought we looked much better yesterday though, but given the lack of opposition it's hard to tell, we'll learn a lot come Sunday.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: