Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies thrash Bombers. All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Are they all genuine Collingwood supporters?

There's one thing to disagree with someone's opinion, but to question whether they're genuine Collingwood supporters is nothing but insulting because they don't align with your viewpoint and see the club through a more bleak lens.

To question someone's love for the club even if they don't agree with the inner-workings of the club or are questioning the players or coach is bordering on disgraceful. If their are opposition supporters (big if) who are trolling this forum, then they're an aberration rather than a norm even amongst those that you would call ""perceptive fellow"".

You're better than that Lazza.

Well, since the comment was prompted by my post and appeared to me to be intended (however obliquely and in however nasty and insinuating a way) to raise the question whether I was a genuine Collingwood supporter, his post was a weird mix of laughable and insulting.

I thought it better not to dignify it with a response but, since you have, you are mostly correct, save that there is absolutely no evidence available from posts on this forum that your last sentence has any basis in fact.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:19 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Lazza wrote:

There's one thing to disagree with someone's opinion, but to question whether they're genuine Collingwood supporters is nothing but insulting because they don't align with your viewpoint and see the club through a more bleak lens.

To question someone's love for the club even if they don't agree with the inner-workings of the club or are questioning the players or coach is bordering on disgraceful. If their are opposition supporters (big if) who are trolling this forum, then they're an aberration rather than a norm even amongst those that you would call ""perceptive fellow"".

Well, since the comment was prompted by my post and appeared to me to be intended (however obliquely and in however nasty and insinuating a way) to raise the question whether I was a genuine Collingwood supporter, his post was a weird mix of laughable and insulting.

I thought it better not to dignify it with a response but, since you have, you are mostly correct, save that there is absolutely no evidence available from posts on this forum that your last sentence has any basis in fact.

Who is in your photo/avatar P4S?

And if you're not a pies supporter why don't you go back to where you came from pal?

And don't don't start a sentence with a preposition or a conjunction word.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:20 pm

are you the jolly swagman, wpt?
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:24 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

Opinions very rarely have any basis in fact. It was MY opinion/view/impression that a few posters here seemed to be disappointed that Collingwood won. Obviously that doesn't in itself make me right or wrong.
If the hat fits, wear it. Otherwise just chuck it away and stay cool. Cool

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:20 pm

Lazza wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Lazza wrote:

Thanks for your reply Jezza and Ill try my best to explain the reason for my comments. Rightly or wrongly, I have got the distinctly strong impression this week that some posters on Nicks were actually bloody pissed off or made to look bad/wrong by Collingwood winning the game. If you were not one of those, I fully excuse you from my accusations. However I will never withdraw a comment that I have made after reading many posts and such putrid negative stuff after a 69 point win, btw the biggest win against the bummers by any team this season.

I (and others) have said numerous times that its up to the mods to deal with this issue, not me. But I remain extremely confident in my honest view that asking a question, like Are they all genuine Collingwood supporters? based on a reasonable impression, is a totally valid one.

Thanks Father Lazza, I'll say a hundred Hail Mary's as penace Rolling Eyes

Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:33 pm

One more thing I want to mention about this game: Grundy took another good, strong mark. His last two games have been good and he's starting to show what he'll be able to do in the air as he gets stronger. Very confident he's going to be one of the best rucks in the comp within 2-3 years.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:07 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
One more thing I want to mention about this game: Grundy took another good, strong mark. His last two games have been good and he's starting to show what he'll be able to do in the air as he gets stronger. Very confident he's going to be one of the best rucks in the comp within 2-3 years.

And was Cloke-like in his conversion from 25 out DIF.

Thought his game against Melbourne was better. Burned Pendles a couple of times on HB received opportunities, and had a disposal efficiency below 40% if I remember correctly.

But if that's the worst game he delivers for the year then you'd be happy with his development in 2016.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:55 pm

Me watching Fas Kick a Goal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCrxRoXCiGs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15   

Jump to: