Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies thrash Bombers. All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

John Wren wrote:
3rd degree wrote:
John Wren wrote:
^ got 3 weeks down to 2.

oh shut up for once you silly puppet.

you can't handle the truth, can you, you goose? Wink

the townspeople didn't show , the girl didn't show ? nobody showed ?

www.facebook/the hybernators
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:30 pm

taff wa wrote:
Announced on AFL page Levi Greenwod free to play next week after love tap to Goddard. Received $1000 fine. Other Collingwood and Essendon players fined also for melee.

Greenwood should have got a $1000 reward for whacking Goddard.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:32 pm

Lazza wrote:
Ev5Magpies wrote:
Why can't some people on here take the win for what it is!? A massive improvement on the last few weeks!

Because it clearly doesn't suit their Buckley hating/bashing agenda. They will NOT rest until Buck's is sacked. Eternal "perceptive fellow" wanting their angry hate filled agendas fulfilled. Stuff the rest of us supporters who stick side by side. Rolling Eyes
Logical thinking plays no part with these idiots. Evil or Very Mad Mad

Spot on mate, all too true, even if we have a red hot go v the weagles, in Perth, where hardly anyone beats em, the sackers will be on here with all their glee, loving the loss, ramping up the negative spin, with more idiotic waffle than a Turnbull speech to the IPA. Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:38 pm

John Wren wrote:
partypie wrote:
FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
Great to see a win. A little more of the 1st half and a little less of the 2nd and we'll be competitive most weeks. Regardless of opposition. Did we move forward? Possibly, it's hard to say. Just enjoying the win and hopefully this helps turn things around.

Just on the poorer second half, perhaps the team had in mind that next week it's travelling west on a six day break, compared to the Eagles who have 8 days rest after losing to the Suns at Metricon.

or the swans at the scg.

Was gonna say, didn't think I had that big a weekend

Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:30 pm

partypie wrote:
FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
Great to see a win. A little more of the 1st half and a little less of the 2nd and we'll be competitive most weeks. Regardless of opposition. Did we move forward? Possibly, it's hard to say. Just enjoying the win and hopefully this helps turn things around.

Just on the poorer second half, perhaps the team had in mind that next week it's travelling west on a six day break, compared to the Eagles who have 8 days rest after losing to the Suns at Metricon.

The second half was only poor in comparison to the first.

Yeah our defensive pressure dropped back, natural mental reaction after a massive first half combined with improved effort from the Dons. We took the foot off the gas, they lifted and we lost the half by a goal.

We'll get better at grinding teams into the dirt once we get them down, but for now I'm just so happy to have them play that first half the way we did. That will give the players massive confidence that if they follow the game plan, results happen. That was the half that can turn our season around.

Doesn't mean it's going to be all smooth sailing from here, there'll still be hiccups and crap performances along the way, but we've turned the corner.

Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:20 pm

I was sceptical about the ins against the Bombers, not so much Cox and Smith, yet Frost and Maynard surprised me.

Once the game was underway it was obvious that both played with intensity, endeavour and a bit of flair. Something we've lacked this season. I thought it was the best game I'd seen Maynard play and he can play with that drive it'll put a lot of pressure on Langdon to regain his spot.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:09 pm

3rd degree wrote:
John Wren wrote:
3rd degree wrote:
John Wren wrote:
^ got 3 weeks down to 2.

See ya later Goose... it's been a pleasure...

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:17 pm

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:20 pm

piedys wrote:
3rd degree wrote:
John Wren wrote:
3rd degree wrote:
John Wren wrote:
^ got 3 weeks down to 2.

Johnny the boy has done it again this time its a scrubber!

www.facebook/the hybernators
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:38 pm

SwansWay wrote:
There were glimpses of what Jeremy Howe is going to bring in the future. I thought he played a solid game and was part of some great passages of play and I thought he showed great tackling intensity. He got great footy instincts too, something lacking in a number of our players. I was impressed. Going to be important for us going forward.

Jack Frost played really well and his disposal looked much better yesterday.

Blair got on the end of a few cheapies so that he looks better on the stat sheet than he actually was.

Smith played pretty well in his first game but he looked very nervous with ball in hand. Hopefully he's removed the jitters for next week.

Cox was a solid contributor. I thought he did his part.

We realise that we played a weakened opposition but I still thought we looked to be playing with more confidence and direction and ultimately we did exactly what we were supposed to do and that was win by 10 or 11 goals.

Blair did what you want a small forward to do - not just kick 3 goals but apply forward pressure which he did well. He needed to lift as did some of his team mates and lift they did. To state that he was at the end of some "cheapies" as though that was all he did understates his contribution to the team effort yesterday.

Still, where you sit is what you see.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:00 pm

3rd degree wrote:
piedys wrote:
3rd degree wrote:

Johnny the boy has done it again this time its a scrubber!

If you're going to waste the Dons, you gotta do it big!

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:52 am

Just watched the replay. The first half was excellent and the body language of the players shows just how much it meant to finally have a good win. Our transitioning was great. We moved the ball was ease from one end to the other then resort to our worst in the second half.

Sloppy kicks and handballs. Turnovers galore. Tired... hmm... maybe, but the players have had a 4 week holiday, so you'd expect that they'd be able to play out four quarters and not put the cue in the rack.

Still, you take the win. Essendope did come out firing and I think we chose not to match their intensity and just hang in there so to speak. Big question is though, can we back it up again this week against the weegles...
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:33 am

^^^ There were turnovers galore from sloppy kicks and handballs in the first half, too - Essendon just wasn't good enough to do anything with most of them and tended to turn them over straight back to us as long as Collingwood maintained its defensive pressure at the contest. There was a lot of good play by Collingwood to enjoy but there were also some poor skills on display - it just didn't matter (much) in the context of the game.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:44 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
^^^ There were turnovers galore from sloppy kicks and handballs in the first half, too - Essendon just wasn't good enough to do anything with most of them and tended to turn them over straight back to us as long as Collingwood maintained its defensive pressure at the contest. There was a lot of good play by Collingwood to enjoy but there were also some poor skills on display - it just didn't matter (much) in the context of the game.

Sadly, anything less than absolute perfection doesn't appear good enough. For a team playing as poorly as we have it was nothing more than a step in the right direction, still a long way to go. I'm happy just to enjoy the win for what it was, a win.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:51 am

jackcass wrote:
Sadly, anything less than absolute perfection doesn't appear good enough. For a team playing as poorly as we have it was nothing more than a step in the right direction, still a long way to go. I'm happy just to enjoy the win for what it was, a win.

Winning by 69 points is better than the way we had been playing. Baby steps in the right direction as you have said.
As I have said and many others have noticed, there is much frustration among the "perceptive fellow" that Collingwood didnt lose so that their sack Buck's ride has hit an elephant on the track.... Razz
I predict that it will be as we were after next week sadly but such is life on Nicks. We have to stick side by side against these jerks or plainly just give up posting logical stuff. Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15   

Jump to: