Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies thrash Bombers. All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have it in for Blair and we are all entitled to our opinion. As I've said repeatedly on these boards, clearly the coaches must know something I don't, because I can't understand how he's been an automatic selection since debuting. I didn't mean to ruffle feathers but that's my honest appraisal sans agenda. I'm always lauding his effort but we can't only be playing people for effort.

He played okay and considering how tough Bucks has been with selection with year, it seems that he gets more of a chance than most others. The reality is he played an okay game against a bottom side, kicking his first goal of the season after four goalless rounds and hardly any tackles leading into yesterday where I think he laid around seven. My criticism over his career is that he really goes missing against the better sides. Here's hoping that he improves so that his place in the side is never debatable but I think when Elliott is back, he'll struggle. I don't think he worries the opposition that much whereas a player like Puopolo makes them all nervous. That's the kind of small forward we need. Elliott is closer to that type.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:37 pm

Great to see a win. A little more of the 1st half and a little less of the 2nd and we'll be competitive most weeks. Regardless of opposition. Did we move forward? Possibly, it's hard to say. Just enjoying the win and hopefully this helps turn things around.
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:03 pm

enjoy the winning feeling. eagles will be smashed!
partypie 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:14 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
Great to see a win. A little more of the 1st half and a little less of the 2nd and we'll be competitive most weeks. Regardless of opposition. Did we move forward? Possibly, it's hard to say. Just enjoying the win and hopefully this helps turn things around.

Just on the poorer second half, perhaps the team had in mind that next week it's travelling west on a six day break, compared to the Eagles who have 8 days rest after losing to the Suns at Metricon.
Ev5Magpies Virgo

Ev5Magpies

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:17 pm

You can only win against what is put up against you & had we only just got over the line like many on here expected, then the masses would've been carrying on like pork chops (like some still are).

It's the way you win against inferior sides which shows how well you play. We won by 69 points, yes granted it probably should've been more, however it was Essendon's worst loss for the season.

Why can't some people on here take the win for what it is!? A massive improvement on the last few weeks!

Put your Buckley/Cloke/Blair issues aside, this was what we wanted to see happen. We got possessions into Sidebottom, Pendles & Adams. Fas/Howe/Blair hit the scoreboard. We didn't play four quarters, but how good is it when we win. Winning breeds confidence regardless of the opposition.

This week we need to put up another good show, to prove the doubters wrong. A heavy loss & everyone will be back on our backs, but the signs are there that it is building.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:18 pm

partypie wrote:

Just on the poorer second half, perhaps the team had in mind that next week it's travelling west on a six day break, compared to the Eagles who have 8 days rest after losing to the Suns at Metricon.

One less rotation for most of the second half due to Varcoe's injury too. Idea

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:23 pm

partypie wrote:

or the swans at the scg.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:24 pm

Ev5Magpies wrote:
Why can't some people on here take the win for what it is!? A massive improvement on the last few weeks!

Because it clearly doesn't suit their Buckley hating/bashing agenda. They will NOT rest until Buck's is sacked. Eternal "perceptive fellow" wanting their angry hate filled agendas fulfilled. Stuff the rest of us supporters who stick side by side. Rolling Eyes
Logical thinking plays no part with these idiots. Evil or Very Mad Mad

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:42 pm

Lazza wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Relieved to win. The match was won in the first half and after that we simply went through the motions.

Bucks isn't off the hook yet but it's a good win to build from.

He was never ON the hook with me so it makes no difference.

Let me know when you take Buck's down from your Butcher's window dude. You might need that hook for Eddie or someone else.... Rolling Eyes

BTW, you DO know that after Varcoe's injury, we were down a rotation right? The players were therefore not rested as much after half time, right? Good.

The first half was excellent! Mostly everyone, including myself widely acknowledge that so that's the standard we need to reach more often than not, but it doesn't mean the recent problems that we've experienced disappear completely. Yesterday was a good starting point to build from, but we'll see how we go against much better opposition.

I'm well aware that Varcoe was injured but what excuse are you going trot out for our round 3 performance against Saints where they were down two rotations after half time as a result of injuries to Riewoldt and McCartin yet they smashed us in the third quarter where the game was won for St.Kilda.

Varcoe's loss is a blow because he provides us with much needed pace and class that is lacking in the playing group at the moment. More often than not, he hits his target which seems to be a bonus in this playing group these days.

taff wa 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:47 pm

Announced on AFL page Levi Greenwod free to play next week after love tap to Goddard. Received $1000 fine. Other Collingwood and Essendon players fined also for melee.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:49 pm

Excellent news about Greenwood!

He did a great tagging job on Zaharakis yesterday and I hope he does another tagging job on one of the Eagles midfielders, most likely Priddis.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:03 pm

good to hear about Levi , I cant believe Rance got offered 2 weeks, you all know how much i hate the toffs , but that was a very weak act .

www.facebook/the hybernators

Last edited by 3rd degree on Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:04 pm

^ got 3 weeks down to 2.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:07 pm

John Wren wrote:
^ got 3 weeks down to 2.

oh shut up for once you silly puppet.

www.facebook/the hybernators
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:09 pm

3rd degree wrote:
John Wren wrote:
^ got 3 weeks down to 2.

oh shut up for once you silly puppet.

you can't handle the truth, can you, you goose? Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 12 of 15   

Jump to: