Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies thrash Bombers. All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Invigoration 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:19 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't get over how underwhelming Aish is. Looks to play it as safe as possible every time he gets the ball. Little sideways passes and hot potato handballs are his specialty so far.

Literally haven't seen anything so far to convince me he was worth chasing. Bastinac would've been miles better for us.

Thought Howe showed a fair bit today though which is good.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:54 am

Alls I can say is that was a long week. A long, long, week.

The game took forever to get here.

And Im glad its over.

jamais 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:26 am

Pity we can't clone Varcoe. I'm not sure we have anyone to quite replace him in the wing.

I really think we got ourselves a new Leigh Brown in Levi Greenwood. Not in terms of the position of course, but his grit and in-your-face attitude. Brent Macaffer had it for a while when he was a tagger, but for him it seemed to be just a role. Levi is a natural.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:13 am

PyreneesPie wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Something to remember about Aish is that he's only 4 months older than De Goey. He's still finding his feet at a new club and as a slight player without great pace it may take him a bit of time. .

Thanks for this salient point! I didn't realize that he is as young as that. Probably hasn't had as much experience as De Goey either? I will now reserve my judgement on him. Smile

I don't mind Aish.I reckon he just needs a breakout game to feel he is in the mix and He'll fire.He is obviously lacking a feeling of belonging at the moment which was highlighted by a passage of play where he gathered the ball at 50 ,ran towards goal ,which he usually would have drilled,but sort of turned sidewards and passed it to someone in an almost impossible position and the ball was coughed up. He is just lacking that instinct that comes with the belonging confidence and I reckon he will be a star.
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:27 am

There were glimpses of what Jeremy Howe is going to bring in the future. I thought he played a solid game and was part of some great passages of play and I thought he showed great tackling intensity. He got great footy instincts too, something lacking in a number of our players. I was impressed. Going to be important for us going forward.

Jack Frost played really well and his disposal looked much better yesterday.

Blair got on the end of a few cheapies so that he looks better on the stat sheet than he actually was.

Smith played pretty well in his first game but he looked very nervous with ball in hand. Hopefully he's removed the jitters for next week.

Cox was a solid contributor. I thought he did his part.

We realise that we played a weakened opposition but I still thought we looked to be playing with more confidence and direction and ultimately we did exactly what we were supposed to do and that was win by 10 or 11 goals.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:31 am

Dave The Man wrote:
I though Maynard was good today. Used the Ball quite well

His best game YTD but still hasn't reached his 2015 level.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:33 am

[quote="WarrenerraW"]Yes the opposition was essendope and we all know they're a thrown together mish mash of players, but they still play competitive football and showed that in the second half./quote]
Interesting statement WW.Which was backed up by Bucks on 360 last night,but he also added a very salient point of his own,which involved players being thrown in the mix in an Adhoc manner.Cox and Smith,an American and a Queenslander both debuting off the rookie list,with,Trealor, Aish and Howe playing their 3rd 3rd and 2nd games for the club.He didn't mention the injury list,but if you took that into account you'd probably find we have just as much,if not more of a depleted team as they did and don't forget we too have been embroiled in a drug controversy,not as bad as them but a controversy no less.,so on that basis,I will take a 69 int win every day of the week and remember we lost Varcoe before 1/2 time leaving us a player,a rotation and a play maker down for a 1/2 of football.And let's not get forgetful about the margin.It's their biggest loss of the season to date ,they pushed Geelong for 3 qtrs and had people believing they would beat them and may have if Daniher had have kicked what he should have.I saw glimpse of the future with Trealor Adams DeGoey and Aish combining on a few occasions and Cox will,in My book,stay the course and get better as we go along.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:37 am

SwansWay wrote:
There were glimpses of what Jeremy Howe is going to bring in the future. I thought he played a solid game and was part of some great passages of play and I thought he showed great tackling intensity. He got great footy instincts too, something lacking in a number of our players. I was impressed. Going to be important for us going forward.

Blair got on the end of a few cheapies so that he looks better on the stat sheet than he actually was.

Smith played pretty well in his first game but he looked very nervous with ball in hand. Hopefully he's removed the jitters for next week.

We realise that we played a weakened opposition but I still thought we looked to be playing with more confidence and direction and ultimately we did exactly what we were supposed to do and that was win by 10 or 11 goals.

Blair didn't get on the end of "a few cheapies" and it is both unfair and disrespectful to say that. I am on record from ages back saying what I think about his place in the team but I don't feel the need to run him down when he does a good job. Frankly, unfair criticism weakens one's case.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:40 am

mudlark wrote:
I don't mind Aish.I reckon he just needs a breakout game to feel he is in the mix and He'll fire.He is obviously lacking a feeling of belonging at the moment which was highlighted by a passage of play where he gathered the ball at 50 ,ran towards goal ,which he usually would have drilled,but sort of turned sidewards and passed it to someone in an almost impossible position and the ball was coughed up. He is just lacking that instinct that comes with the belonging confidence and I reckon he will be a star.

Sick of saying the same thing but I'm happy after the win, I'll say it yet again.

New players need time to gel into another team and its variances. This takes a bit of time. Needing time requires being patient. The "perceptive fellow" want instant success with bloody everything in sight. Logically this is not going to happen so that gives them the ammunition to sook and carry on once again even after a good win. It's in their DNA to sook, whinge and whine. I get that. It is what it is.
I would continue to play Aish in the seniors and Cloke in the VFL until he finds form. Obviously the "perceptive fellow" will disagree but that’s not a surprise anymore.... Rolling Eyes

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:48 am

mudlark wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Something to remember about Aish is that he's only 4 months older than De Goey. He's still finding his feet at a new club and as a slight player without great pace it may take him a bit of time. .

Thanks for this salient point! I didn't realize that he is as young as that. Probably hasn't had as much experience as De Goey either? I will now reserve my judgement on him. Smile

Tend to agree. Takes new players time to settle, think he'll be fine. There is obviously a cost to the team performance of getting games into players like Aish, Moore, Oxley, Maynard and De Goey but will pay dividends eventually.

And the reality is that we're a little light on for alternatives with Elliott, Swan, Ramsay, Scharenberg and Williams injured. If it's not Aish then we're looking at equally inexperienced alternatives such as Broomy, Goodyear, Wills, Phillips and Crocker.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:50 am

Jezza wrote:
Relieved to win. The match was won in the first half and after that we simply went through the motions.

Bucks isn't off the hook yet but it's a good win to build from.

He was never ON the hook with me so it makes no difference.

Let me know when you take Buck's down from your Butcher's window dude. You might need that hook for Eddie or someone else.... Rolling Eyes

BTW, you DO know that after Varcoe's injury, we were down a rotation right? The players were therefore not rested as much after half time, right? Good.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:53 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
SwansWay wrote:

Blair didn't get on the end of "a few cheapies" and it is both unfair and disrespectful to say that. I am on record from ages back saying what I think about his place in the team but I don't feel the need to run him down when he does a good job. Frankly, unfair criticism weakens one's case.

SOOO very true. Not much left to say really, you are absolutely spot on.

Last edited by Lazza on Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:53 am

Lazza wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Relieved to win. The match was won in the first half and after that we simply went through the motions.

Let me know when you take Buck's down from your Butcher's window dude. You might need that hook for Eddie or someone else.... Rolling Eyes

BTW, you DO know that after Varcoe's injury, we were down a rotation right? The players were therefore not rested as much after half time, right? Good.

Being down a rotation didn't stop StKilda... Rolling Eyes
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:55 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
SwansWay wrote:

thought he was very good and looked more like what we have come to expect from him.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:56 am

jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Being down a rotation didn't stop StKilda... Rolling Eyes

True but the fact is that we are not St Kilda.

Make of that what you will....... Rolling Eyes

All I'm saying (as YOU pointed out to ME last night) was that we were down a rotation after Varcoe's injury and that may have affected our performance.

Or else the "perceptive fellow" are absolutely bloody correct and we were totally shit after half time......... Razz Twisted Evil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 11 of 15   

Jump to: