Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Right, where the bloody hell is Tim Broomhead???

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

thompsoc wrote:
dalyc wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Years ago before Ceglar was delisted I thought we should have kept him.
But he is only just a ruckman!
Interesting that the Hawks are playing two ruckmen and we are playing one and a half.
Tell me why we got 2 first round picks in Freeman and BenKen and put a few years into them and then we trade them for 2 second round picks?
I don't know why our development of players is going pear shaped?
Go ask Mr Bux, he is a good communicator not sure about his coaching though.

FFS, surely even you can't blame Bucks for Freeman?

I said I don't know why!
As for Freeman his family clearly blamed the Club for his 2 years of hamstring issues.

You don't know why Freeman's development went pear shaped? Very Happy

And while Kennedy was technically a first round pick, he was picked overall in the early second round in a compromised draft. Nothing wrong with the odd pick not working out, every club misses sometimes. He's also doing decently for Melbourne Wink.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:36 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
dalyc wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Interesting that the Hawks are playing two ruckmen and we are playing one and a half.
Tell me why we got 2 first round picks in Freeman and BenKen and put a few years into them and then we trade them for 2 second round picks?

I said I don't know why!
As for Freeman his family clearly blamed the Club for his 2 years of hamstring issues.

And while Kennedy was technically a first round pick, he was picked overall in the early second round in a compromised draft. Nothing wrong with the odd pick not working out, every club misses sometimes. He's also doing decently for Melbourne Wink.

So tell which pick since the 2008 draft has worked?
By that I mean which drafted player since 2008 has become an A grader for Collingwood?

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:13 am

thompsoc wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
dalyc wrote:
thompsoc wrote:

I said I don't know why!

So tell which pick since the 2008 draft has worked?
By that I mean which drafted player since 2008 has become an A grader for Collingwood?

that's a silly question and one based on little thought given to the circumstances or history of each draft year since 2009. you are only merely trying to prove what is an erroneous point. if you bothered to do any research yourself you will find that it is not until 2013 did we have access to top end talent. you conveniently forget or omit to mention the compromised drafts to get gcs and gws the best talent, not to mention the high ladder positions of 2010 and 2011 also hamstringing the opportunities. 2008 was the sidebottom and beams draft; both are arguably a-grade.

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:30 am

^JW you are arguing with someone who has already made up his mind and no amount of facts/evidence/logic will change it

Every point you made to him has been made before, he ignores them

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:06 am

id pick him ahead of blair for sure now.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
stoid Virgo

stoid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:29 pm

Cam wrote:
Nah we won't use sports science anymore, we will just go on gut feel.

Interestingly Cam, I have it on first hand authority that Buttifant goes by gut feel and NO sports science. In fact, back in 2013 he overrode the medical staff and had Dale Thomas play in the match that essentially cost him his career (I know he's still playing, but that ankle will NEVER be right). Then when Butters went to Carlton, Daisy (aka Skfunt), was spewing.

BTW, if you want to know about the nickname PM me and I'll enlighten you... It's a cracker.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:13 pm

neil wrote:
^JW you are arguing with someone who has already made up his mind and no amount of facts/evidence/logic will change it

Every point you made to him has been made before, he ignores them

Good to see you answered the question.
I would imagined it would go like this.. that we traded out, ww are still waiting on the talent to improve..blah, blah, blah.
Jono Brown said we only have 2 elite or A grade players at present
sidey and pendles.
Beams was our last A grader to come thru the "Hine is a genius academy" and that was 2008!!!!
It is now 2016 FFS!
Excuses, excuses, excuses.
I wonder if leading teams thinks excuses are legit.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:08 pm

Unfortunately did very little today in the VFL.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:54 am

Broomhead was pretty ordinary in the VFL yesterday.

Wills was probably our best apart from...........Jessie White!
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:51 pm

White was good except for a number of costly mistakes. He's not ready to play as a defender in the seniors until he reduces those, same goes for Marsh.

Broomhead was as RudeBoy says, ordinary, didn't notice him too much. Crocker has excellent hands, Wills nice skills.

leaderless2016 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:58 pm

Broomhead needs more time in the seconds. But give him time, he has footskills we're in desperate need of.

Fingers crossed he has a good run with injuries and becomes a regular in the second half of the year.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:06 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
White was good except for a number of costly mistakes. He's not ready to play as a defender in the seniors until he reduces those, same goes for Marsh.

Broomhead was as RudeBoy says, ordinary, didn't notice him too much. Crocker has excellent hands, Wills nice skills.

I agree inky. Wills is a great size and seems to have good skills. After opening up well in the midfield, he was moved up forward, but as were getting smashed he had few opportunities. You'd think he might get a senior game soon. Crocker has great hands and is a beautiful kick for goal. I suspect he may get a chance if Howe fails to come good today. Marsh's disposal and decision-making were deplorable yesterday. I fear he may not make it.
leaderless2016 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:30 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

I agree inky. Wills is a great size and seems to have good skills. After opening up well in the midfield, he was moved up forward, but as were getting smashed he had few opportunities. You'd think he might get a senior game soon. Crocker has great hands and is a beautiful kick for goal. I suspect he may get a chance if Howe fails to come good today. Marsh's disposal and decision-making were deplorable yesterday. I fear he may not make it.

Hi Rudey, Crocker and Howe are quite different footballers. Crocker is a smallish nuggety midfielder/small forward, takling machine who loves the tough stuff. Captained Oakleigh Chargers last year, so leads by example and has a fantastic attitude.

Think he'll get his chance later in the year, still working on his tank before spending more time in the midfield. Would need to eclipse Blair or build a bigger engine before playing seniors. But his on track, loving his attitude and endevour.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:05 pm

He kicks straight at goal over reasonable distances. He will have an opportunity to play HFF in due course, at least.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:07 pm

He was sighted occasionally in the VFL.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: