Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Cloke conundrum

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:26 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Presti35 wrote:
At least Trav won't be upset about missing the trip to Perth.

No he'll be spewing.
He was counting on those frequent flyer points to get him enough to purchase that sterling silver paper weight in the shape of an Ox.

This may be the only way to secure his contract from flying out the window.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:31 am

Presti35 wrote:
Although, I don't seem to recall Richo ever being dropped to the VFL.

"Richo out, but wants to stay" http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2002/07/08/1025667115180.html

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:12 am

Carman was dropped. If it was good enough for him, it's good enough for anybody. That said, dropping Cloke was a stupid decision. As I've said previously, his last two senior games have been career-average ones for him - not starring, certainly, but giving what he has given most weeks for 12 years. It smacked of giving in to the idiot fringe in order to be seen to be "making a tough stand". There have been many disappointments for us all over the last year but this is the first decision that left me questioning whether the driver is still in charge of the bus.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:40 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Carman was dropped. If it was good enough for him, it's good enough for anybody. That said, dropping Cloke was a stupid decision. As I've said previously, his last two senior games have been career-average ones for him - not starring, certainly, but giving what he has given most weeks for 12 years. It smacked of giving in to the idiot fringe in order to be seen to be "making a tough stand". There have been many disappointments for us all over the last year but this is the first decision that left me questioning whether the driver is still in charge of the bus.

Were you actually supporting Collingwood in the Carman years???

Sensationally talented player but an absolute and utter d@ckhead.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:44 pm

Yes. He was my favourite player. And the best player I have ever seen. He was wasted on Hafey but that's another story.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:17 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Yes. He was my favourite player. And the best player I have ever seen. He was wasted on Hafey but that's another story.

I'd have him second by a nose behind Ablett Snr. The only thing Ablett had that Carmen didn't was brute strength , otherwise both could do anything on a football field.

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:21 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

Won't argue on talent, total agreement there but he was an easy beat when it counted - too easily narked - and when he got narked he always lashed out and lost focus.

Fatally flawed
cityslick1 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:29 pm

5 possessions and one mark in the VFL sounds like he's thrown in the towel, will collect his cash and plod through his remaining contract term. Was a v bad contract in hindsight, with his best well and truly behind him.

Problem is... enticing a gun forward to the pies isn't going to be easy from 15th, with no pace, bad skills and a substandard gameplam. Maybe it's Hurley at the end of this year, aim for improvement and then go hard for Hogan next year.

If not, we'll be a long time playing catch up to the rest...
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:33 pm

cityslick1 wrote:
5 possessions and one mark in the VFL sounds like he's thrown in the towel, will collect his cash and plod through his remaining contract term. Was a v bad contract in hindsight, with his best well and truly behind him.

Problem is... enticing a gun forward to the pies isn't going to be easy from 15th, with no pace, bad skills and a substandard gameplam. Maybe it's Hurley at the end of this year, aim for improvement and then go hard for Hogan next year.

If not, we'll be a long time playing catch up to the rest...

Cox and Darcy Moore should develop as our FF and CHF without having to recruit anyone else in. Hopefully Howe will come on, though I'm skeptical of his ability.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:02 pm

Its like the Sydney game, people bag the crap out of a key forward for not doing anything when the ball never gets into Collingwoods forward half!

A 90 point thrashing by a sub standard opposition suggests any key forward yesterday would have had no hope. Something is seriously wrong at Collingwood right now and if they lose today then changes have to occur and dropping a key forward for not kicking bags from non existent chances is not making big changes!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:50 pm

You've got it all wrong, eddiesmith. Any old guy who is tall enough and looks to have talent can play 237 games at CHF, averaging 2 goals per game. Just admit it - it's the easiest position on the field. That's why the annals of AFL history are chock-full of famous CHFs.

It's because it is such an easy position that we are all so confident that the position can be dominated by a guy who once had 5 kicks against a Footscray backline full of Half-back flankers or by a guy who has struggled to get 5 kicks regularly in the VFL. Happily, it's just so much easier in the AFL than in school footy and the VFL. That's, after all, why we all play as AFL CHFs.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:51 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Its like the Sydney game, people bag the crap out of a key forward for not doing anything when the ball never gets into Collingwoods forward half!

A 90 point thrashing by a sub standard opposition suggests any key forward yesterday would have had no hope. Something is seriously wrong at Collingwood right now and if they lose today then changes have to occur and dropping a key forward for not kicking bags from non existent chances is not making big changes!

No one is arguing with you bro.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:12 pm

Cam wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
Although, I don't seem to recall Richo ever being dropped to the VFL.

"Richo out, but wants to stay" http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2002/07/08/1025667115180.html

Cheers Cam. Still hope yet. Wonder if Richo is up for a mentoring role? Wink

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:27 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
You've got it all wrong, eddiesmith. Any old guy who is tall enough and looks to have talent can play 237 games at CHF, averaging 2 goals per game. Just admit it - it's the easiest position on the field. That's why the annals of AFL history are chock-full of famous CHFs.

It's because it is such an easy position that we are all so confident that the position can be dominated by a guy who once had 5 kicks against a Footscray backline full of Half-back flankers or by a guy who has struggled to get 5 kicks regularly in the VFL. Happily, it's just so much easier in the AFL than in school footy and the VFL. That's, after all, why we all play as AFL CHFs.

EPA Alert, STAT.

My sarcasm metre just went past the redline, clean up on aisle 12.

Number 35 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:33 pm

Cloke will be traded for either Dusty Martin or Jack Watts next year. You heard it here first Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 7 of 14   

Jump to: