Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

"Cowards Punch" deaths

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
partypie 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The newer drugs are messing with people's brains (not the victims) like the old drugs never did. They are incredibly popular and common sense, logic and ethics fly out the window. Add that to people without decent role models, parental addiction and selfishness, poor diet, youth unemployment, low self esteem etc and you've got trouble.
Any party with a decent youth policy will get my vote
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:44 pm

A 33 year old man is in police custody over the cowards pinch on the 19 year old.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:16 pm

Culprit wrote:
Woods Of Ypres wrote:
Culprit wrote:
I find it amazing the uproar. We allow venues/pubs to serve copious amounts of alcohol and are surprised when sad incidents like this happen. This is not the first issue from that venue and it won't be the last.

serving copious amounts of alcohol is not the root problem.
I have been lucky enough to live in multiple countries and observe.

There a cultural problem here of Biffo and Bravado, alcohol just magnifies it.
Well I've traveled to multiple countries and you have idiots everywhere full of booze, loud and looking to start something. The Booze is the main issue. Many young people pre-drink and walk in already half full. Throw in the ones on illicit drugs and the booze just tips them over the edge. Many venues could not care as long as sales are there.

You can walk around the Vegas strip at all hours, drinking alcohol while walking around and you couldn't feel safer. Walgreens sells booze 24/7 as far as I could see.

Alcohol isn't the problem. A factor, yes, but not the problem.

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:26 pm

On the drive to work this morning I heard Danny Green on SEN talking out about the use of the term king hit and he was very forthright about it.

"The professional boxer has long been an advocate for the campaign against labelling such crimes ‘king hits’ so the perpetrator’s actions are not glorified and copied by others."

http://www.sen.com.au/news/04-16/don-t-glorify-these-cowards-danny-green#9HLT6377gFVq0Ljv.97

Then on the drive home I heard Brent Havey on SEN and he casually used the term king hit and the guys didn't correct him on it. I thought it was a bit odd.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:45 pm

The hit that killed the 19 year old was a cowards punch. The 33 year old will no doubt seek protection in the prison system once he is remanded tonight. A few blokes inside will definitely want to show him what a tough bloke he really is.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:28 pm

Without knowing anything about that bloke, I have a small level of sympathy for him, stupid as it sounds.

One dumb decision, one wrong call, one young man dead who did nothing wrong and another life (and wife and child by extension) stuffed up.

It's a lesson in the consequences of your actions if nothing else. Too many people want to blame everyone and everything except themself, this guy had a split second of utter stupidity (I'm assuming he doesn't have form) and lots of lives are changed forever and someone is dead. I've done some dumb things over the journey (never coward punched someone) and I can look back and think how fkn lucky I was that I'm still alive and I never killed anyone.

Fkn hard lesson for all involved.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:31 pm

Can you remember any time that he or she've done some dumb things over the journey did it? Oh you can, can you? Because you can't afford it?
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:53 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Without knowing anything about that bloke, I have a small level of sympathy for him, stupid as it sounds.

One dumb decision, one wrong call, one young man dead who did nothing wrong and another life (and wife and child by extension) stuffed up.

It's a lesson in the consequences of your actions if nothing else. Too many people want to blame everyone and everything except themself, this guy had a split second of utter stupidity (I'm assuming he doesn't have form) and lots of lives are changed forever and someone is dead. I've done some dumb things over the journey (never coward punched someone) and I can look back and think how fkn lucky I was that I'm still alive and I never killed anyone.

Fkn hard lesson for all involved.

It takes a certain mentality to do what he did though. There's a lot of people who wouldn't have done what he did in the same situation. So you can't just blame it on the spur of the moment. But I get what you mean. I bet a lot of people who have had serious accidents, due to texting while driving, have been filthy on themselves because they know they should've known better.

Last edited by Dangles on Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:16 pm

It does take a certain mentality but there's so many things that can contribute to that. he could just be a cockhead, he could be a good bloke under a lot of pressure who did something dumb that had horrible consequences.

Can't tell, doing a bad action doesn't make you a bad person, but just so it's clear I'm not trying in any way to justify what he did. He £$%$ed up, someone's dead and he has to cop the consequences regardless of whether he's a model citizen who had 2 seconds of madness or a total cnut.

There is a hell of a lot of people who wouldn't have done the same thing in the same situation. The vast majority in fact I'd guess.

There's also a number who would've done the same thing if the right combination of factors all happened at the same time and they'd be regretting that moment of madness forever.

Then there's the small minority of douche nozzles who do it for fun and ignore or don't understand the potential consequences.

Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:04 am

True.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:11 am

Stui, normally I would agree and in saying that the reports say the young man was leaning over to help someone and was cleaned up. I would also suggest the defendant has form as it's stated in the media that during the interview and only gave his name and address and DOB. No other questions were answered.

I have no doubt the defendants lawyer will go the mental issue line along with drugs and alcohol as that's standard practice.

I feel more sorry for William Lee's family as they will cop a lot of crap over what he has done and will no doubt be very upset as well.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:31 pm

It's a tragic situation all round.

We clearly have a cultural problem in this country and it hasn't been adequately addressed despite widespread discussion in recent years.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:41 pm

Culprit wrote:
Stui, normally I would agree and in saying that the reports say the young man was leaning over to help someone and was cleaned up. I would also suggest the defendant has form as it's stated in the media that during the interview and only gave his name and address and DOB. No other questions were answered.

I have no doubt the defendants lawyer will go the mental issue line along with drugs and alcohol as that's standard practice.

I feel more sorry for William Lee's family as they will cop a lot of crap over what he has done and will no doubt be very upset as well.

I feel more sorry for his family than him too, and definitely more sorry for the family and friends of the kid who died. All innocent parties who will suffer.

My level of sympathy for the bloke who did it is very small and if it's shown he has form in violence it gets even smaller potentially to the point of zero.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:05 pm

I think the answer to the OP is; There are now more cowards, you know the ones, pumped up, do a bit a this and that..... watch UFC 197 fourteen times man. AND these cokksukas actually get trained to do damage.

Think about it.... there's more macho clowns around, there's violence via; UFC, games, tv fights, violence highlighted everywhere you look.

This sort of shit was bound to happen and will continue to thrive in this crazy world.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:36 pm

Martial arts teaches the exact opposite to what you've said. The douchebags wearing tap out shirts and punching people haven't trained a day in their lives. There's less crowd violence at UFC events than there is at soccer or Ice Hockey and the whole 'games/tv/whatever' cause violence thing has been debunked time and time again.

If I was wanting to take a stab in the dark at what is creating this generation of dysfunctional men I'd look at the single parenthood epidemic and the lack of positive male role models in these men's lives. Looking for causes isn't looking for excuses before anyone pulls that old chestnut. These guys aren't macho, they're compensating and blindly reaching for a masculinity they've known or been taught.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: