Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down to Dees. All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to be giving more senior opportunity to Marsh once he returns from injury.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:29 am

^^I'd pick him over White in defense. Needs to return from injury first though, and will also need to convince he's going to mind his man and not make too many mistakes by foot.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:31 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
^^I'd pick him over White in defense. Needs to return from injury first though, and will also need to convince he's going to mind his man and not make too many mistakes by foot.

Anyone over White

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:33 am

What's up with Taylor Adams? He's meant to be our contested ball winning freak and one of our top clearance winners. On the surface his numbers look good, and he was ok:

29 disposals at 76% efficiency.

But how come only 4 of his possessions were contested? And why only 2 clearances? Even worse, he had only 7 handballs but 22 kicks. Extremely odd. Greenwood and Pendlebury both had 14 CP, De Goey 10 and Treloar 6. I know Pendles can do it, but we need Adams to be at the coal face winning the tough ball, that's where his worth is and he's not done enough of it this year, we don't want him winning the uncontested ball he needs to be feeding it out to better users.

Last edited by AN_Inkling on Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:41 am; edited 2 times in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:34 am

Dave The Man wrote:
[quote="AN_Inkling"]^^I'd pick him over White in defense. Needs to return from injury first though, and will also need to convince he's going to mind his man and not make too many mistakes by foot.[/quote]

Anyone over White
What if it didn't happen?
kickit2me Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:39 am

I like the idea of Sinkers up forward instead of Blair. Lacked composure in his early years in this role but now has added that string.

As for a loose in defence...it's either Reid or Oxley. But Frost must come back in for this to happen. It's Frost for Brown AFAIK.

Two things that are stand out differences when comparing Bucks & Malthouses' time as coaches.

1. Our interstate record. It's abysmal under Buckley. The 'us against them' mentality, which I believe is vital when travelling interstate, is sadly lacking under this regime.

2. Our performances in 'backs to the wall' matches. I can't remember when we last played one and were down by 42 points 5 minutes into the second quarter. Under Bucks we seem to have lost that do or die spirit.

There were some positives today. Aish getting some of the pill, Grundy, Langdon looking more like the player of season 2014. Adams, Treloar's grunt work and Moore's second half. We just need a kilo of confidence (which I thought we'd get after the Richmond robbery) for things to click into place.

.....and the big Yank in the goalsquare would be nice....(Thanks for the service Jessie, but you're a blouse).

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:54 am

kickit2me wrote:
1. Our interstate record. It's abysmal under Buckley. The 'us against them' mentality, which I believe is vital when travelling interstate, is sadly lacking under this regime.

2. Our performances in 'backs to the wall' matches. I can't remember when we last played one and were down by 42 points 5 minutes into the second quarter. Under Bucks we seem to have lost that do or die spirit.

1). Our interstate record under Bucks is 10 wins, 12 losses and six of those victories were recorded in 2012 and 2013 when remnants of the Malthouse team still existed. Under Malthouse our record was 30-19 which translates into a 61.22% winning record as opposed to the 45.45% interstate winning record under Bucks.

2). Last year's match against North Melbourne in round 9 is the most notable example of our determination and perseverance to hang in there when all hope seemed lost at one stage.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:50 am

Jezza wrote:
2). Last year's match against North Melbourne in round 9 is the most notable example of our determination and perseverance to hang in there when all hope seemed lost at one stage.

But we done Nothing Since Then Really. Just the Cats win in 2nd Last Round Last year

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:05 am

The players gave their all today, so let no-one say we lost because of a lack of effort. We are a team playing without any confidence. They are second guessing all the time and not playing instinctive football. Also, it's apparent that we have quite a few quite ordinary players who would struggle to get a game in a top team - Blair, Greenwood, Crisp and White. Also, Cloke may have got 2 easy goals, but he is not imposing himself on the game at all. I'm guessing Reid will miss several weeks after getting injured again. Seriously, I don't know if our problem is Bucks, the players, or our recruiters, but it's clear we are under-performing terribly. We are officially in crisis mode now, because in all honesty, we would struggle to beat any side at all. Essendon may well be favourites for the ANZAC game, which is unforgivable. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Pendles is not captain material. There is a distinct lack of on field leadership with our team. I can't remember being so disheartened so early in a season, after we looked so good in the pre-season. I feel so sorry for Bucks because he bleeds for our club and I'm sure he's doing everything imaginable to turn things around, but it obviously aint working.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:31 am

AN_Inkling wrote:

If Brown and Reid are playing I'd have him in ahead of White, Frost and Goldsack.
kickit2me Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:33 am

Jezza wrote:
Our interstate record under Bucks is 10 wins, 12 losses and six of those victories were recorded in 2012 and 2013 when remnants of the Malthouse team still existed.

With expansion teams introduced our recent interstate record should be far better than what it is. In 2015 we only defeated Brisbane and Gold Coast interstate. In 2014 we beat Sydney and the GWS interstate (the Sydney win was round 2 after the 70 point Freo thrashing). 2013? Wins over Sydney and Brisbane. No interstate wins over either Port, WCE and Freo since 2011.

Jezza wrote:

Prior to that match we were sitting 5th on the ladder with a 5-3 record, hardly backs to the wall....A great fightback no doubt, but not a 'backs to the wall' match.

daics aka the ruckman 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:17 am

As with the saints game we lost it in a quarter. Against the saints we were even at half time and lost it in the third. Against the demons we lost it in the first and broke even for the rest.
I thought Grundy gave us nothing in the first quarter.
Langdon slows us down. When he takes a defensive mark he stops and never plays on so further up the ground gets clogged with the opposition.
Take out the two giveaway goals from Langdon and Grundy and we still have a chance.
Blair must go.
Good games from Aish and Sinclair.
Lets not forget these were losses to two good teams, "perception lags behind reality", full of early draft picks having a good patch. We didn't lose like port by 80 points and we played with intensity. Our skills are lacking but I think we are playing better football each week.

robevpau1 Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:29 am

In my mind, I feel many of our current regular players appear to me to lack the required passion and commitment to realistically contemplate finals this year. It needs to be another year of youth development and structural experimentation to discover exactly who has the heart and passion, and ongoing personal commitment and skills to long-term success in the black n white. Skills will develop and evolve when the passion is there. We have Keefe and Thomas back next year to add further senior experience, who owe the club big time. Time to lower our expectations a little re team success this year and make sure we have the correct structures and right personnel in place for 2017 and beyond .. Just my thoughts.
slangman 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:34 am

I'm sure the club have been selling us the development line for the last couple of years.
How many more development years do we need before we catch up to everyone else?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:34 am

About 37. It's a slow process, apparently.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11   

Jump to: