Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down to Dees. All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Number 35 wrote:
I would like to see Buckley do two things next week ............

I'd like to see him clean out his locker next week. But Kim Jong McGuire doesn't have the balls to do it.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:19 pm

Dangles wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
Dangles wrote:
But these off Broadway seasons can be good for the team's development when they're not carrying the expectation of making finals. I just hope we don't get too down about it and drop our bundle and start getting flogged. As long as the effort is there and we keep working hard we'll get things heading in the right direction....eventually.

and the years pre 2016 were exactly…………………………...

We were gunning for finals in the last two years. We're not this year. We might as well get plenty of games into the young guys, who won't be scarred by the exposure, and develop a better game for the sake of the long term.

but i just don't see anywhere on the ground were we have improved as a unit.

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:22 pm

We've gone backwards every season under Buckley. If it was anyone else, he'd be gone.
Tezza23 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:25 pm

Wen to the game fully expecting a ten goal loss. I was encouraged to see some spirit from the boys up until half way thru the 1st quarter. they regained it again from halfway thru the second quarter but the damage was done.

Some casual points:

SOOOO many skill errors cost us plenty of goals.

Our players stand too close to each other resulting in handballs to teammates under pressure resulting in turnovers.

We clog the centre line which means we have difficulty moving from CHB to CHF.

We just bomb it long to the top of the square

Fasolo is jumping for marks when he should stay on the ground

Moore is trying to take mark of the year every time the ball is bombed close to goal

Jesse White - please leave now

GWS must be pissing themselves. Firstly we virtually traded Shaw ( a player who gave everything for the side) for Adams who cannot kick and who always receives the with his back to the goals and now we have given up a top ten and a probable top 5 pick for a good but not a superstar player.

Hine must be held accountable for the shocking level of skill shown by most of the draftees.

I don't know what the centre square clearances were but why do we stand flat footed for every ball up.

Why do our forwards lead sideways instead of up the ground ?
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:30 pm

Yes Tezza
What is the value of Treloar?
One top 10 draft yes but another top 5 at the moment.... no.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:32 pm

I really can't hold my breath much longer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0
Number 35 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:36 pm

One simple ballsy move like playing Cox at Full Forward could change everything. I would like to see Broomhead and Goldsack in the pockets. Goldsacks pressure and Broomheads goalsmarts could thrive of our new focal point. I assure anyone Mason will let his presence be known. Cloke Moore Fasolo all at half forward. And it could really be a dangerous set up with Elliot and hopefully Swan due back later in the year. That forward line will be way too much for Essendon to handle as long as we have a loose man in defense for at least the first half. We cant afford to fall behind early and play infront of 100 000 under pressure. We need to blow the bombers away with our new look forward line. Moore Faz Cloke are all excellent leading Half Forwards but who else was thier today? We need Cox Gold and Broom deep. The goals will come. And maybe we can head up West quietly confident of an upset that could turn our whole season around. Trust me keep the faith!!! 22 scoring shots each today even after the poor start... I have a feeling our last game against Hawthorn could come down to us making the finals or not. Wouldnt that be interesting. Imagine the headlines. Bux needs to beat the team he never has beaten to save his job. Lol
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:41 pm

Firstly I will say that Melbourne played very good football, they've been good in all of their games bar a hiccup against the Bombers.

We weren't great, still disorganised but the effort was definitely there. If anyone again questions our effort, especially Bucks, I'll spew. We one the ball pretty much everywhere and had almost 100 tackles (99), the effort was there, we simply lost to the better team on the day. In the end we lost a relatively even game due to not converting chances and not generating the easy ones that the Dees had.

Grundy was great, that's just about the best game he's played. Shocklngly Almost beat Gawn, who had 63 against Goldstein, in the hit outs and did a good job around the ground with 23 touches, even flying for his marks. A ripping game.

Treloar again was our best midfielder with Sidebottom playing well also. Adams picked up this week but again failed to collect many clearances, only 2. Aish showed plenty in this game with 20 touches and good decision making.

Really concerned with Reid at the moment, he's not marking his man in defense and costing us plenty of goals. He's one we rely on to do his job and he's just not at the moment, might need to bring in Frost and have Reid play more loose, his opponent was ordinary but he kept giving him space. This on the back of the multiple early frees he gave away last week.

The_Staunton Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:42 pm

Doc63 wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
Dangles wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
Dangles wrote:
But these off Broadway seasons can be good for the team's development when they're not carrying the expectation of making finals. I just hope we don't get too down about it and drop our bundle and start getting flogged. As long as the effort is there and we keep working hard we'll get things heading in the right direction....eventually.

and the years pre 2016 were exactly…………………………...

We were gunning for finals in the last two years. We're not this year. We might as well get plenty of games into the young guys, who won't be scarred by the exposure, and develop a better game for the sake of the long term.

but i just don't see anywhere on the ground were we have improved as a unit.

We've gone backwards every season under Buckley. If it was anyone else, he'd be gone.

Bang on

If these "results" were achieved by Luke Beveridge, Brenton Sanderson or coach A.N Onymous, he'd be gone by now

Eddie is blinded by a romantic notion of Bux winning a Premiership and etc etc...bright sunny day, facing the members blah blah...

He is a dud coach, and it's time to act ASAP

The doesn't let the assistant coaches, the fitness etc etc off the hook

But the time for re-allignment and re-invigiration starts ASAP

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:49 pm

"Look, Melbourne is a very good football team."
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:50 pm

Just a few comments to some of the points posters have raised here:
Pendles was played as loose man in defence against St Kilda and Richmond. The tactic didn't work
Skill levels are related to confidence levels. When confidence drops, skill levels drop, which is what we witnessed against Melbourne today.
Adams is an inside/ outside mid and they are generally worth more than half back flankers including players as good as Heath Shaw (and Adams was one of our best players today)
Easy to say Buckley has no game plan when we lose. Try repeating the same statement when we win.
The quote about the game being played is about when you have the ball, the opposition have the ball, or the ball is in dispute, is a direct quote from Alan Jeans in the 1980's. Needless to say the game of AFL footy has moved on since the 1980's and if you try to invoke theories from the 1980's to find ways of winning football games in 2016, then you really are clutching at straws.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:53 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
"Look, Melbourne is a very good football team."

They sure are. If they can keep up their current form they will go very close to making finals.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:54 pm

Cloke would have to be in doubt for next week with his elbow problem.

If he misses then we should play Cox and team him with Grundy.

If Grundy can play with the same intent like we saw today whilst resting forward he would be of value in that role.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:57 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Cloke would have to be in doubt for next week with his elbow problem.

If he misses then we should play Cox and team him with Grundy.

If Grundy can play with the same intent like we saw today whilst resting forward he would be of value in that role.

Grundy was amazing today. Expected him to be smashed by Gawn but he actually outplayed him. He was even flying for marks like I've not seem him do before. Took one very good one floating across the front of a pack and came close when going for another in a pack. It's these glimpses that suggest he'll be a fine ruckman as he matures.

slangman 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:58 pm

To save everyone's time, just copy and paste your comments from the previous week instead of writing the same stuff over and over again.

Everything written after today's game is the same stuff I've been reading all season.

Stuart dew to come in as coach, bomber to be director of coaching and only burnsy to stay from assistants. Leigh Tudor should be headhunter as senior assistant along with ratten.

New fitness dept ASAP. Whatever they're doing, it's not working.

Time that the boys/mates club was disbanded.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11   

Jump to: