Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down to Dees. All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Number 35 wrote:
One simple ballsy move like playing Cox at Full Forward could change everything. I would like to see Broomhead and Goldsack in the pockets. Goldsacks pressure and Broomheads goalsmarts could thrive of our new focal point. I assure anyone Mason will let his presence be known. Cloke Moore Fasolo all at half forward. And it could really be a dangerous set up with Elliot and hopefully Swan due back later in the year. That forward line will be way too much for Essendon to handle as long as we have a loose man in defense for at least the first half. We cant afford to fall behind early and play infront of 100 000 under pressure. We need to blow the bombers away with our new look forward line. Moore Faz Cloke are all excellent leading Half Forwards but who else was thier today? We need Cox Gold and Broom deep. The goals will come. And maybe we can head up West quietly confident of an upset that could turn our whole season around. Trust me keep the faith!!! 22 scoring shots each today even after the poor start... I have a feeling our last game against Hawthorn could come down to us making the finals or not. Wouldnt that be interesting. Imagine the headlines. Bux needs to beat the team he never has beaten to save his job. Lol

Great post.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:59 pm

Doc63 wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
Dangles wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
Dangles wrote:
But these off Broadway seasons can be good for the team's development when they're not carrying the expectation of making finals. I just hope we don't get too down about it and drop our bundle and start getting flogged. As long as the effort is there and we keep working hard we'll get things heading in the right direction....eventually.

and the years pre 2016 were exactly…………………………...

We were gunning for finals in the last two years. We're not this year. We might as well get plenty of games into the young guys, who won't be scarred by the exposure, and develop a better game for the sake of the long term.

but i just don't see anywhere on the ground were we have improved as a unit.

We've gone backwards every season under Buckley. If it was anyone else, he'd be gone.

I actually think we went forwards last year unless your simply talking ladder position?

58pie 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:16 pm

Sorry day for all supporters. Scotty Burns should takeover as bucks has lost me .First at the selection table and bringing in White. When will he accept that Blair, Toovey and Sinclair have their best years behind them. Cox, Broomhead, Frost (always has a red hot go) and Marsh have to play now and if they fail they go too. Bucks was a great player but while he keeps playing his favourites from the past. We are going nowhere. From the the 2 minutes of ecxtasy of Grundy,s goal 2 weeks ago to the misery of today all I can say is Go pies (but I am just now not sure when this will be). PS Eddie is perhaps too big for this club and should form his own team with Bucks just like he did with the Pies that has led to this dismal state.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:21 pm

Sinclair? Was good today in half a game before going off with concussion, even kicked a goal. And he's only played just after 50 games, his best footy is definitely ahead of him.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:29 pm

Reid supposedly has a knee problem

Sinclair has concussion

and Cloke 'jagged' his elbow
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:29 pm

58pie wrote:
Sorry day for all supporters. Scotty Burns should takeover as bucks has lost me .First at the selection table and bringing in White. When will he accept that Blair, Toovey and Sinclair have their best years behind them. Cox, Broomhead, Frost (always has a red hot go) and Marsh have to play now and if they fail they go too. Bucks was a great player but while he keeps playing his favourites from the past. We are going nowhere. From the the 2 minutes of ecxtasy of Grundy,s goal 2 weeks ago to the misery of today all I can say is Go pies (but I am just now not sure when this will be). PS Eddie is perhaps too big for this club and should form his own team with Bucks just like he did with the Pies that has led to this dismal state.

Marsh is injured but I agree with the other three wholeheartedly.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:30 pm

Let's hope it's at another club then. He is not skilled enough to be a forward or mid in a finals-contending team and he is too slight to play as a defender.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:33 pm

He could successfully play all three of those positions, just a matter of where we need him.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:36 pm

Unless we want to win.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:37 pm

I'll think you find that our comeback run ended today the moment Sinclair left the field. Food for thought.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:38 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Let's hope it's at another club then. He is not skilled enough to be a forward or mid in a finals-contending team and he is too slight to play as a defender.

He could successfully play all three of those positions, just a matter of where we need him.

I agree with Pies4shaw, he's not skilled enough and is to slight and again not skilled enough to be a decent defender, maybe if he was more clever... but he isn't. I'd trade him in a heartbeat
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:39 pm

You're still a troll.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:41 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
You're still a troll.

Well I ain't here for your love, thats4shaw
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:43 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

I agree with Pies4shaw, he's not skilled enough and is to slight and again not skilled enough to be a decent defender, maybe if he was more clever... but he isn't. I'd trade him in a heartbeat

His skills have not failed him this year. With Reid's poor ball use today, he's now our number one user out of defense this season. Took some kick ins today and hit a target with each. His kicking is very good, even if he is playing within limitations.

Given our lack of a quick small forward, I think trying him there again instead of Blair would be a good option, if we actually had other fit defenders. Brings the pressure and is quicker and far more dangerous, got into plenty of positions to kick goals early in his career, just didn't finish. With his new found composure and safe ball use, I reckon he'd be very handy up forward.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:11 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

His skills have not failed him this year. With Reid's poor ball use today, he's now our number one user out of defense this season. Took some kick ins today and hit a target with each. His kicking is very good, even if he is playing within limitations.

Given our lack of a quick small forward, I think trying him there again instead of Blair would be a good option, if we actually had other fit defenders. Brings the pressure and is quicker and far more dangerous, got into plenty of positions to kick goals early in his career, just didn't finish. With his new found composure and safe ball use, I reckon he'd be very handy up forward.

The only question mark I had on Sinclair was poor disposal early on in his career. Is a much better disposer of the ball now and has the ability to,break lines, which makes him a very valuable player in the side. Would be a much better option to use as a defensive forward than either Blair or Macaffer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11   

Jump to: