Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Don't sack Buckley

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an optimist too and having played alot of footy know that a coach doesn't do much at all. Its up to the players. I'm not sure why it took a quarter and a half and 9 demon goals before our flankers and wings shifted outwards to where the demons [and saints] were moving the ball unhindered - to simply be in the way instead of out of the way. Changing the coach will do nothing. Paul Roos is a pretty good coach I would have thought, Don Pyke has inherited a team that has bonded over a few years. Everyone thought Hinkley was a good coach, so is he now a bad coach? It's the players who make you a great team. All sacking the coach does is lead you into another false dawn, when all along it depends on the development and talent of the players and how they gel as a team. The Brat pack were talented AND they would take a bullet for each other [cough Dids cough] thats a big part of why our team won the flag.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:05 pm

Cam wrote:
The Brat pack were talented AND they would take a bullet for each other

Now it's just pills.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:07 pm

every game this season to date has resembled bucks game plan. one that has resembled the very first one in which he lost me as a supporter. the 2013 elimination against port. an abomination of foot ball by collingwood. we look like hacks and i feel for the players and bucks.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:23 pm

Cam wrote:
All sacking the coach does is lead you into another false dawn, when all along it depends on the development and talent of the players and how they gel as a team.

Wise words!!!
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:26 pm

1970 wrote:
Next week. After the loss to the bombers. Ed will sack Bucks.

Please Ed, make it happen!

And don't ever think of stepping into the Holden Centre again you Spud!

You have destroyed a once proud Football Club, brought it to its knees, have embarrassed us & we're now a laughing stock!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:27 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
1970 wrote:
Next week. After the loss to the bombers. Ed will sack Bucks.

Please Ed, make it happen!

And don't ever think of stepping into the Holden Centre again you Spud!

You have destroyed a once proud Football Club, brought it to its knees, have embarrassed us & we're now a laughing stock!

I think he should go as coach, but banning him from the Club seems a little harsh......

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
ANNODAM Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:30 pm

Perhaps he can come back when his son turns 18yo or some shit like that, I dunno...
That's how long it's gonna take me to forgive him, I reckon!

Mr Burns 17 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:31 pm

Well said Cam. Not too many on this site with half a clue. It rests fairly and squarely on the players. No leadership. No guts. No endeavour. No clue and maybe lacking in ability. Let's blame Bucks because that is what the media want you to do. If you don't like what is happening, don't support them. Do something else with your lives, I love the Pies and don't want Bucks sacked.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:17 pm

Mr Burns 17 wrote:
Well said Cam. Not too many on this site with half a clue. It rests fairly and squarely on the players. No leadership. No guts. No endeavour. No clue and maybe lacking in ability. Let's blame Bucks because that is what the media want you to do. If you don't like what is happening, don't support them. Do something else with your lives, I love the Pies and don't want Bucks sacked.

What and let's give Bux an open ended contract and more years of missing finals (2 and counting so far) in the hope that his side might gel and come good eventually?

And if it doesn't come good? Hasn't 5 years of plummeting performances and ladder positions been enough time to see he isn't the man for the job?

Yeah great plan that and it really shows that our club is striving to be the best when we hold no one to account for years of failure and failing to meet expectations (Buckley promised in 2014 that we'd be better in 15 and 16 and Pert said he expected finals and a flag within 3 years at the beginning of 2014) and we keep rewarding our coach with contract extensions for these disappointing results.

No wonder we're in such a mess with this slack, complacent and "blame everyone but Bucks" attitude among blinkered sections of our supporter group. You aren't doing anyone a favour least of all Collingwood with this blind and misguided loyalty to a clear failure of a coach ffs.
Mr Burns 17 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:57 pm

No wonder we're in such a mess with this slack, complacent and "blame everyone but Bucks" attitude among blinkered sections of our supporter group. You aren't doing anyone a favour least of all Collingwood with this blind and misguided loyalty to a clear failure of a coach ffs.

<snip, personal abuse not on>. Did you even read Cam's message above or just took the opportunity to attack me because I believe the players are to blame. Pies have had injuries the last couple of years and obviously <snip, personal abuse again, lay off it>, believe we should be successful every year. <snip, language - bbmods>
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:00 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Cam wrote:
All sacking the coach does is lead you into another false dawn, when all along it depends on the development and talent of the players and how they gel as a team.

Wise words!!!

I would prefer a false dawn than no dawn.
Give the supporters some hope please.

Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:13 pm

The usual disorganised mess again today. For an exercise I watched the two 2010 Grand Finals again. What was on show was system, discipline, players knowing their roles, believing them, and carrying them out successfully. I compare them to this current dogs breakfast and there is no comparison. We are a mess and likely to remain so under the current coach.

A few wins against weak teams whilst gratifying just papers over the cracks temporarily. The sad truth is that the "Buckley system" will never take this team to a premiership. Given that he is a dead man walking. He just really needs to go.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:22 pm

Supporters don't matter. The team does. The team needs to bleed together and bond, get over the drug thing and strive together with purpose. Get the team right, and the supporters will be right too.

Although, you can't please all the supporters any of the time. The same people that bitched and moaned, wailing even, in 2009, quitting on everyone and everything, spitting on all the organisational structures that the club had, Malthouse's predictable gameplan that everyone had unpicked, and no plan B... still happily danced in the aisles in 2010.

Everyone wants to go to heaven, but no one wants to die Razz

ANNODAM Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:22 pm

History will be thus:

Buckley 0 Premierships as a CFC player, 0 Premierships as a CFC Coach.

Here endeth the history lesson.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:24 pm

Gerry Cooper wrote:
The usual disorganised mess again today. For an exercise I watched the 1990 Grand Final again. What was on show was system, discipline, players knowing their roles, believing them, and carrying them out successfully. I compare them to this current dogs breakfast and there is no comparison. We are a mess and likely to remain so under the current coach.

A few wins against weak teams whilst gratifying just papers over the cracks temporarily. The sad truth is that the "Malthouse system" will never take this team to a premiership. Given that he is a dead man walking. He just really needs to go.

There fixed it for you, timewarp style. Flashback to 2008 or 2009.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12   

Jump to: