Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Don't sack Buckley

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well played messers Lazza, PnC, Jackcass and Flashman, this thread might actually get to over 50 pages...... I stand corrected, to quote a Robert Palmer tangent that was simply irresistible!
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:26 am

Clifton Hill-Billy wrote:
Well played messers Lazza, PnC, Jackcass and Flashman, this thread might actually get to over 50 pages...... I stand corrected, to quote a Robert Palmer tangent that was simply irresistible!

Laughing Embarassed
SuperSwede 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:11 am

We all are – I guess – Collingwood supporters and as such we are surely disappointed, frustrated or what have you at our lack of on-field success. And we give voice to our disappointment in many different ways.
But I cannot – from the other side of the world - help but make a few observations regarding the discussions regarding our beloved – or not so beloved – coach.
1. It seems to me that more or less the same kinds of things were being said back in 2004 and 2005 when we almost picked up the wooden spoon. Remember ‘mediocre Mick’ anybody? He never had a plan B, he was constantly outcoached, he always played his favourites in lieu of other players more fancied by people on Nick’s etc. We simply had to get rid of him. And oh by the way he ultimately coached us to a premiership.
2. Of course the media are laying into us, so some argue that criticism is not just limited to a few posters on Nick’s. Well what the hell do you expect? The media’s job is to serve up stuff that people will watch or read. We probably enjoy reading nice stories about success, but we love much more to read about other people’s failures. Isn’t there a thread called ‘laugh at Carlscum’ where we gloat over Carlton’s misfortunes. It is human nature (unfortunately). Particularly when expectations are not met. There was an article in the Age prior to the start of the season labelled ‘Are the Pies building a powerhouse?’ Of course after our last game the media are having a field day.
3. Some are arguing that Buckley took over a champion team or premiership team. My observation is thus: In 2011 just before Buckley took over this champion team had only just scrambled into the GF which they in turn lost by 38 points, having at one stage led by 18 points. And this was to a team which we played three times that season for 3 losses. My own take has to be that come finals 2011 we were a top 4 team but probably no more than that. And this is where we ended up in 2012. We have gone downhill since then for sure, but not from a premiership position. And in a sense I believe that this was inevitable. With the players we have let go from the 2010 team few if any have enjoyed distinguished careers at other clubs. Heater being the noteable exception. Some other players were simply past their best and no other clubs have shown any interest.
4. Nathan Buckley as a player was probably one of the best ever to pull on the black and white. He holds the somewhat rare distinction of being awarded the Norm Smith medal whilst playing in the losing side in a GF. I for one cannot for one minute doubt his passion for or commitment to the club, which was shown on that day, individual accolades meant little whilst the team lost. This does of course not guarantee any success as a coach. However I do believe that those who refer to him as a spud, a clown, an idiot etc. are only demonstrating what low-class individuals they themselves are. Surely Nathan Buckley as an individual deserves a measure of respect.

For my own part the jury is still out on Nathan Buckley as a coach. Whilst I admire him as a person and feel a sense of confidence when listening to him, there are things which leave me wondering. I desperately wish for success under his regime, I fear it may not happen. To all those who wish him gone I can only say that in almost every football code around the world it is the coach who has to carry the can when things don’t go right. Fair or not, this is the way it is, and it will no doubt happen here as well if success continues to elude us.

AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:29 am

Well said SuperSwede.

To those that know it all. Pfft what would Pendles know.

http://video.heraldsun.com.au/v/453602/Pendlebury-roasts-cold-Pies

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:45 am

Flashman wrote:
Yeah right. Being told that we'd piss our pants in a trench in a warzone is Lazza's subliminal way of telling us to put it in writing to the Football Club, of course it was.

And I wonder just what would happen if some irate supporter fronted Bucks at a VFL game and told him how crap he was. There'd be a media outcry over the invasion of his privacy, how he was not safe blah blah just like when those blokes got into Alistair Clarkson's ear in Adelaide post match last year. Eddie would have a field day with it and it'd be turned into a total media beat up. Utterly ridiculous, counter productive and pointless to do. It's like me saying Lazza should come around to my place and confront me personally instead of anonymously calling me a coward on the internet. Utter bullshit.

These forums exist to air our opinions and grievances and discuss these issues. We can do it on Bigfooty without resorting to this garbage but not on Nicks due to your mate and Piesnchess it seems.

I do not withdraw one word I said. Not one. Without knowing your army background, I stated that I wouldn’t want you next to me in a bunker during a war because you would want to run after we lost a few early battles although we could still win the war. It is akin to wanting the coach sacked after 4 rounds because in a long season of 22 games, we have lost three. That is bloody rubbish and yes, I do not want your types next to me in a bunker during a war because you would be the first to bail. That in my book is a fail. Evil or Very Mad

These footy forums DO exist to air our opinions and grievances and discuss these issues. No one is denying your right (or any other posters right) to do that. Not one. We also have the very same right to respond.

However I have only looked at trying to find a solution to your constant whinging ands merely suggested that you contact the club, Eddie, Pert, Buck's etc. You don't have to talk to their face if you don't want to or even use your own name (both of which I much prefer to do in such situations), but to ME, you will get a far better hearing and much better results than whinging and whining here or on Big Footy or wherever. Write a letter, send an email, text the club, use the phone, fax, frequent the club's site, a bloody sooking drone, whatever, surely any of these alternatives will be so much better than expecting the club to read comments from you lot on Nick's and take action? Surely?

All you are clearly doing here is shooting the bloody messengers in Piesnchess, Jackcass, others and me merely offering alternative solutions. Always blaming others as per usual and then playing the damn victim. Mad

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:38 am

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
And the evening of seemingly obscure references continues...Robert Palmer tangent?

Her methods are inscrutable
The proof is irrefutable, ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh
She's so completely kissable, huh
Our lives are indivisible

She's a craze you'd endorse, she's a powerful force
You're obliged to conform when there's no other course
She used to look good to me, but now I find her

Simply irresistible
Simply irresistible

Read more: Robert Palmer - Simply Irresistible Lyrics | MetroLyrics
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:39 am

That Robert is an interesting guy.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:40 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Don't feed it, jc.

Some of it is just so ridiculous that it's tough not to bite... I'll try to do better... Embarassed
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:43 am

jackcass wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Don't feed it, jc.

Some of it is just so ridiculous that it's tough not to bite... I'll try to do better... Embarassed

Me too....... Razz

Not only so ridiculous, it is so irresistible..... Twisted Evil Laughing

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:46 am

Lazza wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Yeah right. Being told that we'd piss our pants in a trench in a warzone is Lazza's subliminal way of telling us to put it in writing to the Football Club, of course it was.

And I wonder just what would happen if some irate supporter fronted Bucks at a VFL game and told him how crap he was. There'd be a media outcry over the invasion of his privacy, how he was not safe blah blah just like when those blokes got into Alistair Clarkson's ear in Adelaide post match last year. Eddie would have a field day with it and it'd be turned into a total media beat up. Utterly ridiculous, counter productive and pointless to do. It's like me saying Lazza should come around to my place and confront me personally instead of anonymously calling me a coward on the internet. Utter bullshit.

These forums exist to air our opinions and grievances and discuss these issues. We can do it on Bigfooty without resorting to this garbage but not on Nicks due to your mate and Piesnchess it seems.

I do not withdraw one word I said. Not one. Without knowing your army background, I stated that I wouldn’t want you next to me in a bunker during a war because you would want to run after we lost a few early battles although we could still win the war. It is akin to wanting the coach sacked after 4 rounds because in a long season of 22 games, we have lost three. That is bloody rubbish and yes, I do not want your types next to me in a bunker during a war because you would be the first to bail. That in my book is a fail. Evil or Very Mad

These footy forums DO exist to air our opinions and grievances and discuss these issues. No one is denying your right (or any other posters right) to do that. Not one. We also have the very same right to respond.

However I have only looked at trying to find a solution to your constant whinging ands merely suggested that you contact the club, Eddie, Pert, Buck's etc. You don't have to talk to their face if you don't want to or even use your own name (both of which I much prefer to do in such situations), but to ME, you will get a far better hearing and much better results than whinging and whining here or on Big Footy or wherever. Write a letter, send an email, text the club, use the phone, fax, frequent the club's site, a bloody sooking drone, whatever, surely any of these alternatives will be so much better than expecting the club to read comments from you lot on Nick's and take action? Surely?

All you are clearly doing here is shooting the bloody messengers in Piesnchess, Jackcass, others and me merely offering alternative solutions. Always blaming others as per usual and then playing the damn victim. Mad

Get it through your thick head, people want him sacked because he's in his 5th year and we continue to go backwards, it's not based on 4 rounds.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:32 pm

I'm standing by Bucks. We have a lot of young and new players who will only get better throughout this season. Naturally I'm disappointed we have not performed as well as expected. Clearly, the club, and probably the players (I know I did), got a bit ahead of themselves, and we are now experiencing a reality check.

Perhaps our biggest problem is our structure, particularly up forward. For most of the past decade, we have built our forward line around Cloke. It's time to give up on him and look elsewhere. A combination of Cox, Crocker, Moore, Fasolo, Broomhead and hopefully eventually Elliott should be our new template.

We can obviously still turn this season around and make the 8, but in all honesty, that's not so important - after all, we were never going to win the flag this year. However, if we can continue to develop Grundy, De Goey, Moore, Treloar, Broomhead, Cox, Aish, and possibly even Wills, Sier, Crocker and Phillips, then we may yet be in a great position to actually contend for a Premiership in 2017-18.

The "perceptive fellow" will obviously start moaning that we're always developing and never delivering, and there may be some truth to that, but the fact is that building a Premiership team is an inexact science, and predictions of future performance rarely turn out as expected. Sometimes it takes a bit longer to develop a team and sometimes it comes on more quickly. At the end of the day, we have to be realists and admit that right now, we have too many players on our list who have enormous potential, but are yet to fully deliver. I think Bucks is the right man to develop these players and you've only got to listen to players like Treloar talk about how they love playing for him, to know the players are on-side with the coach.

Go Bucks and go Pies!
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:32 pm

Bob Sugar wrote:
Get it through your thick head, people want him sacked because he's in his 5th year and we continue to go backwards, it's not based on 4 rounds.

Get it through your thick head that I don't want him sacked during the season, even if it was after 20 bloody years! Rolling Eyes

I have NEVER supported any coach at any club being sacked during the season. Plenty of time after the season to do this.

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:39 pm

Sack him now - Burnsy deserves a shot at it

FIGJAM is cooked - completely lost whatever plot he thought he had
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:03 pm

Lazza wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:

Get it through your thick head that I don't want him sacked during the season, even if it was after 20 bloody years! Rolling Eyes

I have NEVER supported any coach at any club being sacked during the season. Plenty of time after the season to do this.

I understand your point Lazza. The point is, there is not plenty of time after the season. How do you expect to interview and select the right coach and then bring them in to the club in time for the trade period.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:24 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
I understand your point Lazza. The point is, there is not plenty of time after the season. How do you expect to interview and select the right coach and then bring them in to the club in time for the trade period.

That's creating an artificially constricted timeline to suit your own argument. Hine oversees trading and drafting. No doubt the coach would have input but I'd assume the decision on who to target and who will be getting ousted will essentially be made long before the end of the season.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12   

Jump to: