Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Whose gettable targets and wishlist trades come end of 2016

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
Trade Witts to try and get a 1st Round Draft Pick

Not going to happen and has been explained to you countless time we need him in case Grundy goes down

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:51 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Isn't there something in play with the Essendon players currently sitting out the season that would facilitate an easier move to another club?

I'd be happy if we can snare one of Heppell, Hurley, Hooker or Hibberd.

only way is a breach of contract and, if that was the case, they would become delisted free agents.

http://theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/doping-saga-banned-dons-will-have-to-go-grievance-tribunal-to-quit-club-20160416-go7woe.html

Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:04 pm

If we can build a forward line around Darcy Moore and James Stewart, i'd be happy.

Robbo and Andy Maher were talking about GWS forward line and that clubs will start circling Stewart with the depth of tall forward talent.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:07 pm

I guess you have to look at the players on our list that are "tradeable".

With a limited amount of early picks, we might be forced to look at the free agents only, unless we are willing to trade one of our better players. Clubs just don't give you a star for an average package these days.

*Fasolo. IMO, capable of being in the squad of 40 players for the AA team. He does go missing sometimes, but his best is very, very good. Freo/WCE would draft for him. But would we really want to let him go?

*Grundy. Would be silly to trade him out. I think he is a little bit behind where we thought he'd be at this stage. Would love to see him start dominating games from a ruck/chf perspective. SA clubs would pay for him.

*Blair. If we were to upgrade by getting someone like Prestia, Collingwood would probably try to move Blair on. I cant see any clubs paying a high price for him, but I would expect him to be picked up in one of the drafts at worst.

*Witts. Could have been a part of the Treloar deal, but wanted to remain a Magpie. Like Grundy, we'd be silly to move him, but again, he is a little behind where I though he would be. Only if we had another ruckman should we consider. However, I feel like he is a player that clubs would defiantly take a good look at.

*Oxley. I didn't want to move him last year. I don't want to now either. QLD clubs could do with him, but I believe that any deals with BL will be many years off. And the Suns would want plenty more if they were to give us a player like Lynch.

*Frost. With Brown on the decline, Frost should be kept. But again, I feel like he is a player that other clubs would be interested in.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:41 pm

Rick wrote:
If we can build a forward line around Darcy Moore and James Stewart, i'd be happy.

Robbo and Andy Maher were talking about GWS forward line and that clubs will start circling Stewart with the depth of tall forward talent.

Is there a prize for collecting the largest set of "developing" KPFs who never touch the ball? Stewart's stats are execrable and he's in his 4th season. Have a good look:

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/J/James_Stewart.html

They could have taken him F/S and didn't. Presumably, they had their reasons. In the ensuing period, he's done nothing to suggest that passing on him was incorrect. You might have a look at him as a delisted free agent but you wouldn't trade a decent draft pick or a competent senior footballer for him.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:49 pm

Until we get rid of the coach who is now the most divisive figure in the history of this football club, its pointless.

The reality is we have no idea how good we are or aint.
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:49 pm

Trades are good if we can get them, but look at Adelaide. They lost Dangerfield and didn't replace him and they're looking the goods thus far.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:33 am

Wouldn't it be something if we got Watts and Hurley as free agents. Pick 1 and 5 from the 08 draft. Both only 25. No need to make any trades.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:38 am

Talk around that Paton at GWS is going to be getable now
Isn't happy to be playing seconds in the NEAFL
They have a abundance of tall power forwards
He would cost a lot though but would fit a age profile
Down side is injury prone
I think anyone we go after has to have a history of not being injured and has genuine leg speed and above average skills
Can't see us being big in the trade period really
We may look at off loading some like for like players ie Thomas or Williams who would have some value in the market place
We need to some lower end draft picks for Daicos & Brown junior
And maybe one player who is cherry ripe for our list
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:51 am

Dave The Man wrote:
Trade Witts to try and get a 1st Round Draft Pick

Or Grundy...
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:51 am

Bob Sugar wrote:
Need to remember we paid more for Treloar than anyone else was willing to, ditto Greenwood-Aish-Varcoe-Howe and we had to pay overs to keep Shazza, I don't think we have a war chest to go and poach players.

According to...
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:16 am

... the same people who said it was pathetic that we didn't go harder to get Mitch Clarke from Brisbane.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:31 am

Apparently Hooker has signed back on at Essendon for 5 years - according to SEN.

I mention this only because it may be of interest to some - I certainly didn't think Collingwood should have been after him.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:01 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
Until we get rid of the coach who is now the most divisive figure in the history of this football club, its pointless.

Only according to the "perceptive fellow" and I get the distinct impression that only the silly "perceptive fellow" themselves who believe such bloody nonsensical comments.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:21 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Apparently Hooker has signed back on at Essendon for 5 years - according to SEN.

I mention this only because it may be of interest to some - I certainly didn't think Collingwood should have been after him.

apparently we were in the mix of suitors.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: