Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Whose gettable targets and wishlist trades come end of 2016

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusty would cost the equivalent of a top 5 pick, Cloke and steak knives wouldn't come close to achieving that.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:50 pm

James Stewart is sitting in the Giants reserves team, get him to the Pies.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:22 pm

SteveH67 wrote:
James Stewart is sitting in the Giants reserves team, get him to the Pies.

Doubt he wants to come us after his Feeling after we Passed on him in the Draft

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:07 pm

With Lobb & Cameron seeming to be the fav's at GWS can we some how manage to attract John Paton ?
Rev 

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:15 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
Would love to get my hands on Trent McKenzie from GCS too. Does anyone know his contract status?

Also Jaeger O'Meara is an interesting one. Was looking to be a dead set gun until the knee. Does anyone know when he'll be back? Could he be looking for a fresh start?

O'Meara is an interesting one. He's listed as indefinite on injury list from Suns but has been seen jogging laps and doing work away from main group the past month. There was talk he may be available for the NEAFL at end of April but haven't heard anything since.
He brought an apartment in Melbourne as his girlfriend lives down here full time.
He had commented ages ago that the thrill of playing on the G most weeks for a big Melbourne club would be something he would consider in the future
I mentioned ages ago he would be one I would throw the kitchen sink at but now after his knee issues I would be hesitant
If he got back on the field and was a blew to string 10-12 games together then all bets are back on

Does anyone else remember the rumour (and thats all it ever was) of us looking to package Goldsack + Caff + (one other I think) for O'Meara when he was taken by GC as a 17y/o? If the timelines match up I had a feeling it might have been Bucks first year at the draft table...
I presumed we were running the argument that we could offer the new team some proven, premiership experience in numbers in exchange for an unproven young player. At the time I heard it I thought it was a bold but clever play. wrap up some foot soldiers for a potential A+ grader.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:20 pm

Presti35 wrote:
I can feel the hesitance. Last thing we need is another injury plagued player. But I still feel he's worth pursuing. But of course the price has to be right.

Another that falls into this category is Jack Trengove. You think he'd def want out of Melbourne. But is he worth it?

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/vfl-jack-trengrove-putting-his-case-for-afl-comeback-20160501-gojghw.html

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:40 pm

My two targets would be:
Hibberd
Tomlinson
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:17 pm

Presti35 wrote:
I'd love to know where Hurley is at. Not that it really matters, but does anyone know who he supported growing up?

Hurley was a massive Saints fan and Nick Riewoldt was his favourite player.

Definitely worth a look at the right price especially with our backline problems at the moment. I'd also have a look at Jon Patton but the worry is his recent knee injuries that have hindered his career so far.

mackasmatt 

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 1:01 am

Need key forwards and key backs.. Rory Lobb looked ok on the weekend. 10 marks against Hawthorn and averaging 1.8 goals / game this year. 23yo and contracted til end of next year.
----------
------------
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 2:51 am

You think the world would have had enough of silly trade ideas. I look around me and I see it isn't so. And what's wrong with that, Id like to know? So here I go again:

Fremantle get Cloke and Witts.

Collingwood get Neale and a round 3 pick.

Collingwood sign Tom Bellchambers to backup Grundy and/or Cox.

Collingwood sign Nick Riewoldt for 2 years to fill the Cloke void before offering Hogan the mega-deal after 2017. Shocked Razz Wink Rolling Eyes

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 2:54 am

Oh there.
Presti35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 11:15 pm

Suns fans, if you're not happy with Gaz, we'll gladly take him.

Razz

aaaaa.jpg

Seth 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 3:21 pm
Post subject: Re: Whose GETTABLE targets and WISHLIST trades come end of 2Reply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
We obviously have a talent dearth at the club and I guess like any passionate supporter, I watch many games of footy and identify players that you could only wish were able to don the black and white. The following list identifies who may be gettable and who I wish simply played for Pies and would enhance our squad (not necessarily their clubs best player):

Adelaide:

* gettable: Charlie Cameron, languishing in SANFL
* wish list: Josh Jenkins, plays that excellent Ruck/Forward role and is out of contract.

Brisbane:

* gettable: Sam Mayes, great talent, who seems to have a case of "Lionaria" whose symptoms include a fear of coaching authoritarians with "red hair". Out of contract at seasons end. Hey James Aish, send him a text!!
*wish list: Dayne Beams, yes I know......

Carlton:

*gettable
:none worthy
* wish list: Sam Docherty/Jacob Weitering: both for obvious back line elite skills reasons.

Essendon:

*gettable: Dyson Heppell and Michael Hurley. Would lean to Hurley for backline need reasons. Hey Nathan meet him in Bali for a beer!
*wishlist: Joe Daniher: a tall left footer who can't kick straight... sounds like a succession plan

Fremantle:

*gettable: Lachie Neale, whose out of contract at years end.
* wishlist: Nathan Fyfe, no explanation required

Geelong:

*gettable: Jordan Murdoch, pace, can kick and fringe selection for Cats
*wishlist: Paddy Dangerfield, akin to winning Tattslotto twice in a leap year

Gold Coast:

*gettable: Dion Prestia, Jaegar O'Meara
*wishlist: Tom Lynch: was seen having breakfast with Balmey and Connors in February but now re-signed for 2 years. 2018 SOS Dekka!

GWS:

*gettable:Lachie Whitfield, out of contract for 2017.
*wishlist: Dylan Shiel whose out of contract in 2018. Adam and Taylor keep texting him too.

Melbourne:

*gettable: Jack Watts, free agent, very maligned but can kick. All about lowering the expectations and forgetting his draft position. Don't have to give anything for him.
*wishlist:Jesse Hogan: unlikely but again it is a wishlist.

North Melbourne:

*gettable: Lachie Hansen, out of favour with Brad Scott and is a prolific mark/sweeper across the backline. At 26 should be at peak of his powers.
*wishlist: Mason Wood, under contract but is a 192cm quick on-baller/forward who can kick goals and run.\

Port:

*gettable:Sam Colquhoun: ex Vic fringe on-baller with skill and talent despite a small frame.
*wishlist: Robbie Gray, elite and consistent.

Hawthorn:

*gettable: Angus Litherland, quick, tall and good disposer whose the 7th back on the team sheet each week. Would be our 3rd!
*wishlist: Jack Gunston, albeit he signed for 3 years this week.

Richmond:

*gettable: not "Taylor Hunt"
*wishlist: Alex Rance, right age, position and void to fill.

Sydney:

*gettable: Sam Reid, a player whose promising, promising and still promising. Swans may be tempted to cut losses.
*Wishlist: Isaac Heeney, a star of the future.

* St. Kilda:

*gettable:Blake Acres, always the 23rd player on list. 190cm on-baller with huge upside.
*wishlist: Jack Billings, their most talented player

Western Bulldogs:

*gettable: Mitch Honeychurch, very talented forward whose squeezed currently due to competition.
*wishlist: Jake Stringer closely followed by The Bont (who thanks to Inside Footy pre-draft spilled the beans on Pies desire to draft him.

West Coast Eagles:

*gettable:Tom Lamb, injury riddled two years on list, whose an ex Vic that may want a return home to mum's cooking.
*wishlist: Josh Kennedy, who would simply straighten us up in "all ways".

Yes we would need the appropriate level of high end draft picks to secure 1-3 of the above. Maybe at years end it may be smart to put up Cloke, Witts and 1-2 others for trade.

Why even bother thinking about this rubbish.

Dont forget we have traded away our 1st and 2nd rd draft picks for next year and even the year after in some way??

We needed to have some bang for our buck now which we havent got, get ready for some years of hurt unless drastic changes are made at the helm.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:10 pm

any chance we could make THE PACKAGE, STRINGER, an offer when he comrs outa contract................hmmm.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 7:39 pm

mackasmatt wrote:
Need key forwards and key backs.. Rory Lobb looked ok on the weekend. 10 marks against Hawthorn and averaging 1.8 goals / game this year. 23yo and contracted til end of next year.

That funny really. I suggested in the "trade Witts to GWS" thread that they already had a couple of developing ruck types, Lobb was 1 I mentioned, and I was laughed at. Turns quickly doesn't it. I remain optimistic Grundy and Witts have similar break outs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: