Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Whose gettable targets and wishlist trades come end of 2016

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:30 am
Post subject: Whose gettable targets and wishlist trades come end of 2016Reply with quote

We obviously have a talent dearth at the club and I guess like any passionate supporter, I watch many games of footy and identify players that you could only wish were able to don the black and white. The following list identifies who may be gettable and who I wish simply played for Pies and would enhance our squad (not necessarily their clubs best player):

Adelaide:

* gettable: Charlie Cameron, languishing in SANFL
* wish list: Josh Jenkins, plays that excellent Ruck/Forward role and is out of contract.

Brisbane:

* gettable: Sam Mayes, great talent, who seems to have a case of "Lionaria" whose symptoms include a fear of coaching authoritarians with "red hair". Out of contract at seasons end. Hey James Aish, send him a text!!
*wish list: Dayne Beams, yes I know......

Carlton:

*gettable
:none worthy
* wish list: Sam Docherty/Jacob Weitering: both for obvious back line elite skills reasons.

Essendon:

*gettable: Dyson Heppell and Michael Hurley. Would lean to Hurley for backline need reasons. Hey Nathan meet him in Bali for a beer!
*wishlist: Joe Daniher: a tall left footer who can't kick straight... sounds like a succession plan

Fremantle:

*gettable: Lachie Neale, whose out of contract at years end.
* wishlist: Nathan Fyfe, no explanation required

Geelong:

*gettable: Jordan Murdoch, pace, can kick and fringe selection for Cats
*wishlist: Paddy Dangerfield, akin to winning Tattslotto twice in a leap year

Gold Coast:

*gettable: Dion Prestia, Jaegar O'Meara
*wishlist: Tom Lynch: was seen having breakfast with Balmey and Connors in February but now re-signed for 2 years. 2018 SOS Dekka!

GWS:

*gettable:Lachie Whitfield, out of contract for 2017.
*wishlist: Dylan Shiel whose out of contract in 2018. Adam and Taylor keep texting him too.

Melbourne:

*gettable: Jack Watts, free agent, very maligned but can kick. All about lowering the expectations and forgetting his draft position. Don't have to give anything for him.
*wishlist:Jesse Hogan: unlikely but again it is a wishlist.

North Melbourne:

*gettable: Lachie Hansen, out of favour with Brad Scott and is a prolific mark/sweeper across the backline. At 26 should be at peak of his powers.
*wishlist: Mason Wood, under contract but is a 192cm quick on-baller/forward who can kick goals and run.\

Port:

*gettable:Sam Colquhoun: ex Vic fringe on-baller with skill and talent despite a small frame.
*wishlist: Robbie Gray, elite and consistent.

Hawthorn:

*gettable: Angus Litherland, quick, tall and good disposer whose the 7th back on the team sheet each week. Would be our 3rd!
*wishlist: Jack Gunston, albeit he signed for 3 years this week.

Richmond:

*gettable: not "Taylor Hunt"
*wishlist: Alex Rance, right age, position and void to fill.

Sydney:

*gettable: Sam Reid, a player whose promising, promising and still promising. Swans may be tempted to cut losses.
*Wishlist: Isaac Heeney, a star of the future.

* St. Kilda:

*gettable:Blake Acres, always the 23rd player on list. 190cm on-baller with huge upside.
*wishlist: Jack Billings, their most talented player

Western Bulldogs:

*gettable: Mitch Honeychurch, very talented forward whose squeezed currently due to competition.
*wishlist: Jake Stringer closely followed by The Bont (who thanks to Inside Footy pre-draft spilled the beans on Pies desire to draft him.

West Coast Eagles:

*gettable:Tom Lamb, injury riddled two years on list, whose an ex Vic that may want a return home to mum's cooking.
*wishlist: Josh Kennedy, who would simply straighten us up in "all ways".

Yes we would need the appropriate level of high end draft picks to secure 1-3 of the above. Maybe at years end it may be smart to put up Cloke, Witts and 1-2 others for trade.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:49 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

it's subjective as to whether we have a dearth of talent. i son't think we have a dearth. we don't have patience. i would think we need another tall back in the coming years to back up frost or even junp the queue. as for who's gettable, who is gettable? maybe hooker or hurley?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:50 am

Or both
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:57 am

Hogan is out of contract at the end of 2017 which is about the same time I reckon Cloke will be at the end of it. He fits in with the age demographic of our rising stars and he and Moore would make a good combo in our forward line when they both hit their prime.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:24 pm

I'd like to get The Weed from the Dees as a long term replacement for Cloke.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:49 pm

Jacob Weitering
Heard mail his management have told carlscum they aren't interested in extending his contract or commencing talks until mid season 2017 he just wants to play football and not have any distractions.
Hoping that means he wants to show he is a star then get the hell out of that joint faster than daisy cashing his pay cheque
Achilles 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:32 pm

What have we got to trade with?

We are screwed next year with picks 1 and 2 going to GWS and Brisbane Lions respectively.

It is as you say "a wish list".
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:40 pm

Isn't there something in play with the Essendon players currently sitting out the season that would facilitate an easier move to another club?

I'd be happy if we can snare one of Heppell, Hurley, Hooker or Hibberd.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:15 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Isn't there something in play with the Essendon players currently sitting out the season that would facilitate an easier move to another club?

I'd be happy if we can snare one of Heppell, Hurley, Hooker or Hibberd.

Swoop I remember hearing or reading somewhere the players could go to other clubs as three contracts with Essendon were null & void after being suspended hence why Essendon have to re-contract all players
If memory serves me correctly there was talk of no priority picks or compensation picks available to them as well as players being able to chose there own club of destination and Essendon having no say in try's to get deals done
Not 100% on exact details but it was harsh
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:15 pm

Love it Inny. Been thinking about starting a thread like this.

I think Aaron Mullett from North Melbourne would be a nice pick up. He would be gettable, as I don't think it'd take too much to nab him. Just turned 24, and most importantly can kick and win the hard ball.

Rohan Bewick from Brisbane will be 27 in October, so he is still young enough, just. He seems quite loyal to the Lions, and trades between our clubs might seem a little tough after the last two years. His kicking is excellent, but like I said, he might not want to leave and BL prob don't want to talk to us for a while.

From the players mentioned:

Im not really sold on Sam Reid. I'd consider a straight swap for White. Seriously though, I don't think it'd afford much to get him over. But where does he improve the team?

Jack Watts would be a good in as well. Its doubtful he'd be interested in our club, but we should put an offer in front of him. He has become one of the top Free Agents left, so getting him for no loss is a huge bonus.

Tom Lynch would be the trade of the century. I was thinking yesterday, what would it take to get this done? They won't trade him, it'd take something far to unaffordable. (Considering what we traded for Aish).

Jesse Hogan, see above.

Dion Prestia & Jaegar O'Meara would also be good ins. Prestia is an upgrade on Blair and O'Meara would probably be looking for a fresh start, the downside of course is that he is fighting the injury cloud. Of course being from W.A, O'Meara might try to get home. Don't want to trade Oxley either.

Lachie Neale is gettable, but how gettable? He is from S.A. and the call home is probably whats stopping him signing on at Freo. 22 years old with 70 odd games under his belt, it'd take a decent trade to get it done. A trade we probably cannot afford.

Then there is the Essendon players. As mentioned in many threads, Heppell, Hurley, Hooker and Hibberd would be the targets. It would be fkn sensational to land one of Heppell or Hurley. And without losing a pick or player. Can we attract them over?

Don't forget that Keeffe and Thomas will be inclusions next season.

Does anyone know the list of players who are yet to sign? Not FAs, but just the players who have contracts running out?

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:19 am

Anyone with leg speed........ we are just too slow, atm...
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:23 am

Trade Witts to try and get a 1st Round Draft Pick
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:27 am

Best Chance of Getting anyone good would be from the Essendon Drug Cheats
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:57 am

Need to remember we paid more for Treloar than anyone else was willing to, ditto Greenwood-Aish-Varcoe-Howe and we had to pay overs to keep Shazza, I don't think we have a war chest to go and poach players.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:06 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Trade Witts to try and get a 1st Round Draft Pick

And which clubs recruiters are currently smoking enough crack to get conned into that one?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6   

Jump to: