Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies trounced by Saints. All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazza wrote:
Culprit wrote:
courtza wrote:
Funny how Richo said that was the best win he had been involved with at the Saints, considering we're so crap....
Richo would be stoked knocking his old club off as the club he loved rejected him as a coach. Throw in he had no bench and to knock us off at the G would add to the win as they celebrated their one and only flag yesterday. Think outside the square.

All good. Every dog has his day mate.

What goes around comes around soon enough. At least I know by association that the Sri Lankan curse (actually correctly called a "charm") put on St Kilda after the 1972 "Greening" incident will ensure that they never win another flag. I have total confidence in this working.

Thinking outside the square is a very good thing.

Thinking about the square up next we play them is even better Cool
unless the players are pissed at losing it doesn't really matter. Shocked Karma came back in 2010. Very Happy I won't hang it on Richo even if he is at a shit club.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:36 pm

Culprit wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Culprit wrote:
courtza wrote:
Funny how Richo said that was the best win he had been involved with at the Saints, considering we're so crap....
Richo would be stoked knocking his old club off as the club he loved rejected him as a coach. Throw in he had no bench and to knock us off at the G would add to the win as they celebrated their one and only flag yesterday. Think outside the square.

All good. Every dog has his day mate.

What goes around comes around soon enough. At least I know by association that the Sri Lankan curse (actually correctly called a "charm") put on St Kilda after the 1972 "Greening" incident will ensure that they never win another flag. I have total confidence in this working.

Thinking outside the square is a very good thing.

Thinking about the square up next we play them is even better Cool
unless the players are pissed at losing it doesn't really matter. Shocked Karma came back in 2010. Very Happy I won't hang it on Richo even if he is at a shit club.

TBH, to me it is totally irrelevant as to who is coaching this stinking carcass of a club in St. Kilda. And I will try my very best to remind the Collingwood club/coach/players using every means/media options possible about this defeat the next time we play them.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:53 pm

Bob Sugar wrote:
The continual axe swinging is part of our problem, continually dropping players then gifting their spot back a week later is helping no one.

I said before the last trade period that we had to go after a mature ruckman, I was laughed at around here, don't see anyone laughing now, both our young rucks are promising, but it may take them another 2-3 years before they really hit their straps, but now they will be part of the Buckley in/out merry go round, both should be learning their craft in the VFL and called up for the odd game.

Our backline looks like something out of the late 70s with their kicking skills, who ever was responsible for assembling that list of ball butchers needs to be sacked, Reid is the only one who can kick, and he's off the park more often than not. Williams-Maynard-Frost-Brown-Toovey-Marsh-Langdon are not only the worst disposers of the ball in current AFL football, IMO they are the worst disposers of the ball in the history of the AFL (1990-).

Our midfield and forward kicking isn't much better, if at all.

Far too many positives there for a real rant Sugar... Twisted Evil

You need to whinge, whine and sook a bit more with more panic station building.... Razz

Seriously mate, I believe you love Collingwood and I honestly respect and fully protect your right to an opinion. However is there ANY slight chance of giving this season a bit more than three rounds? Surely you are intelligent enough to work through this pathetic perpetual negativity which you possess and post? You should know by now that each season is a brand new one and recalling the efforts of the previous 5, 10, 20 or 50 seasons is a total waste of time and energy.

IF at the end of the season, your grave concerns remain valid, you have a point that is well worth considering, even from someone who disagrees with you like me. However I will NOT reach for that first envelope of blaming the coach after just 3 rounds into a brand new season. There are many injuries, suspensions, form issues and other intangibles that come into play during a season and things can change very quickly. You need to keep the faith and just chill instead of stressing about the sky falling down on your head.

Last edited by Lazza on Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:53 pm

Bernie Vince has copped a one week ban for striking. There's a positive.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:37 pm

Flashman wrote:
think positive wrote:
jackcass wrote:
roar wrote:
^^ But he is the one who keeps picking the poorly skilled players.

Yeah, clearly we need to clear out the whole list and start again because we only have poorly skilled players it seems.

Or something is effecting their skills, be it lack of confidence, in themselves or their coaches game plan, or a game plan not playing to their strengths

We are not that bad, we just cannot seem to play as a team, there is no linking, it's panic stations,

Oh and zoning, don't forget the $£$%^%%$ zoning,

Man up man up man up how hard is that?

The players don't look to be enjoying their football and lack any sense of attacking flair or faith in their ability hence our slow and stagnant ball movement as opposed to the manic Saints and their exciting play on at all costs mentality.

That is down to coaching imo as I don't buy our entire list being completly out of form at the one time and unless the shackles are released this side won't improve and this year will be a total write off, much like last year and the year before.

They all looked pretty happy after the Richmond game.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:39 pm

jackcass wrote:
Flashman wrote:
think positive wrote:
jackcass wrote:
roar wrote:

Yeah, clearly we need to clear out the whole list and start again because we only have poorly skilled players it seems.

Or something is effecting their skills, be it lack of confidence, in themselves or their coaches game plan, or a game plan not playing to their strengths

We are not that bad, we just cannot seem to play as a team, there is no linking, it's panic stations,

The players don't look to be enjoying their football and lack any sense of attacking flair or faith in their ability hence our slow and stagnant ball movement as opposed to the manic Saints and their exciting play on at all costs mentality.

That is down to coaching imo as I don't buy our entire list being completly out of form at the one time and unless the shackles are released this side won't improve and this year will be a total write off, much like last year and the year before.

Most people do when they get out of jail.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:00 pm

Flashman wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Flashman wrote:
think positive wrote:
jackcass wrote:
roar wrote:

In my work I'm generally only seeing them go the other way so I'll take your word for it.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:07 pm

jackcass wrote:
Flashman wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Flashman wrote:
think positive wrote:
jackcass wrote:
roar wrote:

In my work I'm generally only seeing them go the other way so I'll take your word for it.

Let me guess...police informant? Wink
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:39 pm

Quote:
Treloar - fantastic in the first two weeks but was hardly sighted when it matted yesterday. Was he too hurt?

Treloar was Heavily Tagged and you see that with only 5 Kicks

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:33 pm

Lazza wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:
The continual axe swinging is part of our problem, continually dropping players then gifting their spot back a week later is helping no one.

I said before the last trade period that we had to go after a mature ruckman, I was laughed at around here, don't see anyone laughing now, both our young rucks are promising, but it may take them another 2-3 years before they really hit their straps, but now they will be part of the Buckley in/out merry go round, both should be learning their craft in the VFL and called up for the odd game.

Our backline looks like something out of the late 70s with their kicking skills, who ever was responsible for assembling that list of ball butchers needs to be sacked, Reid is the only one who can kick, and he's off the park more often than not. Williams-Maynard-Frost-Brown-Toovey-Marsh-Langdon are not only the worst disposers of the ball in current AFL football, IMO they are the worst disposers of the ball in the history of the AFL (1990-).

Our midfield and forward kicking isn't much better, if at all.

Far too many positives there for a real rant Sugar... Twisted Evil

You need to whinge, whine and sook a bit more with more panic station building.... Razz

Seriously mate, I believe you love Collingwood and I honestly respect and fully protect your right to an opinion. However is there ANY slight chance of giving this season a bit more than three rounds? Surely you are intelligent enough to work through this pathetic perpetual negativity which you possess and post? You should know by now that each season is a brand new one and recalling the efforts of the previous 5, 10, 20 or 50 seasons is a total waste of time and energy.

IF at the end of the season, your grave concerns remain valid, you have a point that is well worth considering, even from someone who disagrees with you like me. However I will NOT reach for that first envelope of blaming the coach after just 3 rounds into a brand new season. There are many injuries, suspensions, form issues and other intangibles that come into play during a season and things can change very quickly. You need to keep the faith and just chill instead of stressing about the sky falling down on your head.

I would've thought it was common knowledge that you need elite kicks in your back 6 in modern day football, now you can blame Hine all you want but the fact is if Buckley said to Hine at the end of the 2011 season that he wanted a highly skilled back 6 most of our current backline would never have been drafted.

This is Buckleys fault and it's going to take years to fix.

As for going early this year, I'm basing my thoughts on Buckleys entire tenure, the only time we've looked half decent for an extended period was in 2012 when he used Micks game plan.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:37 am

^^^ Based on his first three weeks, Treloar looks like he may be a poor man's Beams. I've seen nothing to like, so far.

Meanwhile, I really love seeing this sort of stuff written about Collingwood:

"Damningly, St Kilda cautioned each other after the win not to be overly excited by victory for the quality of the opposition was so poor. They spent the game waiting for Collingwood to come at them to harass and pressure them but at every turn Collingwood instead folded back and ushered them forward."Shocked Shocked Shocked

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-recovery-session-saints-loss-wounds-buckley-20160411-go3l8v.html#ixzz45YXOlvF6
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:14 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
^^^ Based on his first three weeks, Treloar looks like he may be a poor man's Beams. I've seen nothing to like, so far.

"Damningly, St Kilda cautioned each other after the win not to be overly excited by victory for the quality of the opposition was so poor. They spent the game waiting for Collingwood to come at them to harass and pressure them but at every turn Collingwood instead folded back and ushered them forward."Shocked Shocked Shocked

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-recovery-session-saints-loss-wounds-buckley-20160411-go3l8v.html#ixzz45YXOlvF6

Actually if we believe quotes like that about what was said to the StKilda players after the game, we should also believe what Robbo said about up to 11 Collingwood players testing positive to illicit substances. There are good journalists around, just not Michael Gleeson or Robbo. The best footy journalists are ex-footballers. Talking footy last night had a lot of analysis on the plights of Collingwood, Richmond and Freemantle and both Tim Watson and Wayne Carey are much more highly perceptive on what the problems are.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:18 am

Dave The Man wrote:
Quote:
Treloar - fantastic in the first two weeks but was hardly sighted when it matted yesterday. Was he too hurt?

You neglect to say that Treloar had about 25 hand passes. Treloar isn't the problem.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:21 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Quote:

You neglect to say that Treloar had about 25 hand passes. The reason Treloar didn't kick the ball is that in my opinion, he was frightened the ball would come straight back to him. Treloarisn't the problem.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:02 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Actually if we believe quotes like that about what was said to the StKilda players after the game, we should also believe what Robbo said about up to 11 Collingwood players testing positive to illicit substances. There are good journalists around, just not Michael Gleeson or Robbo. The best footy journalists are ex-footballers. Talking footy last night had a lot of analysis on the plights of Collingwood, Richmond and Freemantle and both Tim Watson and Wayne Carey are much more highly perceptive on what the problems are.

I neither quoted Gleeson's analysis of Collingwood's problems (laid out at length elsewhere in the article) nor endorsed any of it. I simply communicated in substance (albeit it ironically, of course) that I don't like reading those sorts of articles. Why? Well, because it indicates that our club is in (to be put it politely) some very difficult waters, at present.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16   

Jump to: