Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies trounced by Saints. All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ He should turn that axe on himself mate!

All good Dyso, good to see you back!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:33 pm

Spot on Rude.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:18 am

Shocked Laughing

12933089_962832717175481_3556533498945005777_n.jpg

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:00 am

You know all is great when the Club's Website is all about the VFL team. Shocked
Warbler 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:09 am

We recruited well last year - lost no significant players in the off season .

Swannie out for the year is always going to hurt , but how in hell have we gone from extremely competitive against the top sides last year to getting thumped by the Aints .

Has the coach lost the players ?

What has changed ?

GO PIES
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:36 pm

Warbler wrote:

Swannie out for the year is always going to hurt , but how in hell have we gone from extremely competitive against the top sides last year to getting thumped by the Aints .

What has changed ?

GO PIES

You can ask the same question of Freemantle.
What has changed is a drop off of intensity of about 1-2% combined with the good performance of St Kilda and the loss of confidence of players due to their poor start against Sydney.
No need to panic because we have a talented list who can turn it around. The players we dropped off our list from last year, in Seedsman and Kennedy, are playing good footy for their respective clubs. The players we kept are at least as good as the players who left the club and we have added three solid players from other clubs. The loss of Swan will hurt us, but at some point, we are going to have to learn to play without him. We can more than cover his loss with the recruitment of Treloar and the natural improvement of players like De Goey.
We're one game away starting with Melbourne on Sunday, from turning our season around.
Peponi 

There is only one team. And that team is Collingwood.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:51 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Something's wrong and I don't know what it is. In the 2nd half of last season we were extremely competitive against several top sides, losing games by less than a goal or so. Then we played very well in the NAB games. We entered this season on the back of good form and a game-plan which was working well. However, we have been rather insipid in all our opening 3 games.

The easy explanation is to blame the coach, and in truth, that's how it should be. The coach has the job of preparing the team and getting them focused and switched on. For whatever reason, he is failing at this task so far. I am hoping Bucks can turn our season around, because I reckon he's a terrific bloke and a very intelligent coach. I still think he can prove to be a successful coach, but obviously if this season goes down the toilet, then his future with us beyond this year will be doubtful.

I think Bucks needs to swing the axe and swing it hard this week to put the frighteners up the team. I've been a consistent admirer of Bucks, but at the end of the day, competitive sport is a results based business, and if he can't get the results we expect, then he will have to pay the price.

My sentiments, too. Love the bloke. He's a decent man. Bleeds black and white. But that will not save him if he doesn't turn this around quickly. Eddie may think that he'll be there next year irrespective of the results this year, but the supporters will think otherwise and at the end of the day if the supporters are disgruntled he will have no option but to axe Buckley. And that would be a tragedy given what I mentioned above.

If Buckley wasn't a favourite son, he would not have lasted this long in the role give we've gone backwards. And that's the truth.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:00 pm

Culprit wrote:
courtza wrote:
Funny how Richo said that was the best win he had been involved with at the Saints, considering we're so crap....
Richo would be stoked knocking his old club off as the club he loved rejected him as a coach. Throw in he had no bench and to knock us off at the G would add to the win as they celebrated their one and only flag yesterday. Think outside the square.

All good. Every dog has his day mate.

What goes around comes around soon enough. At least I know by association that the Sri Lankan curse (actually correctly called a "charm") put on St Kilda after the 1972 "Greening" incident will ensure that they never win another flag. I have total confidence in this working.

Thinking outside the square is a very good thing.

Thinking about the square up next we play them is even better Cool

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:15 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Something's wrong and I don't know what it is. In the 2nd half of last season we were extremely competitive against several top sides, losing games by less than a goal or so. Then we played very well in the NAB games. We entered this season on the back of good form and a game-plan which was working well. However, we have been rather insipid in all our opening 3 games.

The easy explanation is to blame the coach, and in truth, that's how it should be. The coach has the job of preparing the team and getting them focused and switched on. For whatever reason, he is failing at this task so far. I am hoping Bucks can turn our season around, because I reckon he's a terrific bloke and a very intelligent coach. I still think he can prove to be a successful coach, but obviously if this season goes down the toilet, then his future with us beyond this year will be doubtful.

I think Bucks needs to swing the axe and swing it hard this week to put the frighteners up the team. I've been a consistent admirer of Bucks, but at the end of the day, competitive sport is a results based business, and if he can't get the results we expect, then he will have to pay the price.

I only expected 2 changes last week after the Richmond win and we got 4. Some are talking up to 6 changes this week, which may or may not be feasible or indeed required.

If that is not Bucks swinging the axe and swinging it hard to put the frighteners up the team, I don’t know what is RB.
And what you totally sacrifice when consistently making numerous team changes is the stability and gelling required to become a great team. It’s a real catch 22 situation if ever I have seen one.
And these are exactly the type of scenarios the Collingwood/Buckley haters and bashers around here, very poorly and foolishly masquerading as genuine magpie fans, love and want. It’s called feeding the geese. Shocked Rolling Eyes

Flashman 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:15 pm

think positive wrote:
jackcass wrote:
roar wrote:
^^ But he is the one who keeps picking the poorly skilled players.

Yeah, clearly we need to clear out the whole list and start again because we only have poorly skilled players it seems.

Or something is effecting their skills, be it lack of confidence, in themselves or their coaches game plan, or a game plan not playing to their strengths

We are not that bad, we just cannot seem to play as a team, there is no linking, it's panic stations,

Oh and zoning, don't forget the $£$%^%%$ zoning,

Man up man up man up how hard is that?

The players don't look to be enjoying their football and lack any sense of attacking flair or faith in their ability hence our slow and stagnant ball movement as opposed to the manic Saints and their exciting play on at all costs mentality.

That is down to coaching imo as I don't buy our entire list being completly out of form at the one time and unless the shackles are released this side won't improve and this year will be a total write off, much like last year and the year before.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:34 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Warbler wrote:

What has changed ?

GO PIES

You can ask the same question of Freemantle.
What has changed is a drop off of intensity of about 1-2% combined with the good performance of St Kilda and the loss of confidence of players due to their poor start against Sydney.
No need to panic because we have a talented list who can turn it around. The players we dropped off our list from last year, in Seedsman and Kennedy, are playing good footy for their respective clubs. The players we kept are at least as good as the players who left the club and we have added three solid players from other clubs. The loss of Swan will hurt us, but at some point, we are going to have to learn to play without him. We can more than cover his loss with the recruitment of Treloar and the natural improvement of players like De Goey.
We're one game away starting with Melbourne on Sunday, from turning our season around.

This sound familiar?

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/fremantle-dockers/afl-season-2016-fremantle-docker-nat-fyfe-says-players-struggling-with-new-game-plan-20160403-gnx7mz.html

Fyfe told the AFL.com.au site on Sunday, "Fremantle's confidence had been shaken" by the players' inability to adapt to Lyon's new game plan.

"It's clearly not good enough," he said.

"There has been some change and some shift.

"Our old structure worked quite well for a number of years and we are trying some new things to try and give us an edge, to take us to a higher level.

"Clearly they're not working at this point. But it's our job to keep the faith in them and keep working hard and hopefully the results will align with the mentality."

Lyon told reporters on Saturday night, the new rule changes weren't affecting the Dockers' game plan.

"We've chosen to go a certain way out of the middle – structure up that has certainly left our backline exposed and not coping and our mids not coping, so we certainly have to look at that," he said.

Despite the Dockers winning the clearances (44 -31), having more contested possession (157-121), and more inside 50's than the Suns (60-51), Fremantle allowed their opposition to kick more than 100 points for the second week in a row.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:37 pm

^ so our guys were on their way to mastering mandarin and now they're having to learn cantonese?
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:12 pm

John Wren wrote:
^ so our guys were on their way to mastering mandarin and now they're having to learn cantonese?

And learning how to play "Chinese Checkers" while defending???? Twisted Evil

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:14 pm

Does "it" still refer to watched Buckley press conference?
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:21 pm

Lazza wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

I only expected 2 changes last week after the Richmond win and we got 4. Some are talking up to 6 changes this week, which may or may not be feasible or indeed required.

If that is not Bucks swinging the axe and swinging it hard to put the frighteners up the team, I don’t know what is RB.
And what you totally sacrifice when consistently making numerous team changes is the stability and gelling required to become a great team. It’s a real catch 22 situation if ever I have seen one.
And these are exactly the type of scenarios the Collingwood/Buckley haters and bashers around here, very poorly and foolishly masquerading as genuine magpie fans, love and want. It’s called feeding the geese. Shocked Rolling Eyes

The continual axe swinging is part of our problem, continually dropping players then gifting their spot back a week later is helping no one.

I said before the last trade period that we had to go after a mature ruckman, I was laughed at around here, don't see anyone laughing now, both our young rucks are promising, but it may take them another 2-3 years before they really hit their straps, but now they will be part of the Buckley in/out merry go round, both should be learning their craft in the VFL and called up for the odd game.

Our backline looks like something out of the late 70s with their kicking skills, who ever was responsible for assembling that list of ball butchers needs to be sacked, Reid is the only one who can kick, and he's off the park more often than not. Williams-Maynard-Frost-Brown-Toovey-Marsh-Langdon are not only the worst disposers of the ball in current AFL football, IMO they are the worst disposers of the ball in the history of the AFL (1990-).

Our midfield and forward kicking isn't much better, if at all.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 13 of 16   

Jump to: