Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The great Travis Cloke debate

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^

I converted an old washing machine into an esky with that shit. Works a treat but don't get it on you.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:35 pm

Against the Crows: 15 kicks, 2 handballs, 7 marks, 5 tackles, 2 goals.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:52 pm

Happy with his performance tonight.

The delivery into the forward line was terrible but he worked hard and played well when he was up the ground.

STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:23 am

Serviceable tonight kicks to advantage in our forward line not good at times
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:39 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Against the Crows: 15 kicks, 2 handballs, 7 marks, 5 tackles, 2 goals.

Darcy Moore: 6 kicks, 3 handballs, 2 marks, 2 tackles, 1 goal

Yeah, he is a long way off being able to keep Cloke out of the team, shocking dropped mark, even worse turnover when he should have slotted the goal from 15m out! Won't even go into his attempted 15m kick to Cloke that fell 5m short...
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:44 am

Cloke was streets ahead of Moore and White combined tonight
courtza 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:51 am

Thought Clokey was ok tonight, really like it when he gets up the ground.

He is the only forward line muscle on our entire list.

Jenkins, Walker, Mcgovern and Lynch are beasts.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:24 am

Id be somewhat surprised if he was a Collingwood player in 2017.

Last edited by Presti35 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:51 am

All the teams and finding a trade partner:

Adelaide. Only if Jenkins leave I think. Cant see a trade happening here, and I think Jenkins will stay anyway. Highly unlikely.

Brisbane. They desperately need help with goal scoring. In fact they need help in every aspect of the game. They'd also benefit from getting a "big name player" to the club. Lions have also been reported to have interest in Witts. And Oxley is from QLD, so we have plenty to offer the Lions in a trade. HOWEVER.... Lions/Pies are not great trading buddies and the relationship between the two camps is sour. Then there is the question of, would Trav agree to play for the Lions? (Probably not, their window will be closed for some time). And also the question of what do we want from the Lions? (They'll have some great picks). Unlikely.

Carlton. They were well into him a few seasons ago. The interest has probably worn off now, and he probably does not fit their age bracket. But could they resist getting a genuine FF to the club. And one from the arch enemy? (Nothing other than picks to offer). Unlikely.

Essendon. I wouldn't write them off in the chase for Cloke. Another club that'll have some great picks. But they have no players of realistic interest that they'd give up. Could be sour if we nab Hurley in free agency, but thats also doubtful to happen. It wouldn't surprise me to see Cloke agree to go here though. They'll be looking to climb the ladder quickly and restoring some faith. So I think they'd be up for it. Possibly.

Fremantle. If they still think the window is marginally open (it isnt), they might want him. But then again, I cant see Lyon going for him. Something tells me that Fremantle are going to run the broom through the place and start again. (They could also have some interest in Witts, but its not like they'll be trading Fyfe or Neale in return. Should have some decent picks however). Unlikely.

Geelong. Cant see it happening. A difficult trade partner and no, I wouldn't be interested in a straight swap for Clarke. Highly unlikely.

Gold Coast. Similar to the Lions. Would Cloke agree to go there?? They do have some players of interest though. (Prestia, O'Meara, etc, which could be a part of a deal involving Cloke & Oxley. (but we cant afford to trade any more picks)). Unlikely.

GWS. They have Patton/Cameron. Probably not the best situation for Cloke to walk into, but their window is open now and going into 2017. I feel like a trade for any half decent players would be too hard to get done. Unlikely.

Hawthorn. I think they'd go for it. Especially with Roughead out. What would the Hawks be willing to give up though? A Chance.

Melbourne. Does a Hogan-Cloke tag team tempt the Dees at all? They've taken a lot of former Pies in the last few seasons, so we have a somewhat healthy trade relationship. Possibly.

North Melbourne. Similar to Freo if you ask me. Petrie could be in his final year, so the Roos might be looking for a quick fix if they think the window is open. I've voiced my liking of Aaron Mullett over the past couple seasons. I think he's a fit here. Possibly.

Port Adelaide. Cam did play for them, but hardly had a big career over there. I dont think they'd be much interest on their side. Doesn't feel right.Highly unlikely.

Richmond. Who bloody knows. They've made it known that they are all about the youth movement and it seems their window with their current group is not going to budge. However, the old man did play a lot of games for the club. I doubt we'd get a good deal here though. Cant tell.

St Kilda. Going into 2017 with Riewoldt-Carlisle-McCartin. A doubtful suitor. Highly unlikely.

Sydney. Another unlikely suitor. Buddy-Tippett got things covered. Highly unlikely.

West Coast. Window starting to close? Would a Kennedy-Cloke tandem work? Dont know if WCE would offer much and doubtful that Cloke would move to Perth anyway. Unlikely.

Western Bulldogs. Feels like they've been on the search for a genuine FF for years. They had Hall for a while there. I think he is a good fit here and the window is open. Probably not willing to part with any players, maybe Lin Jong lol. But I also think other clubs could outbid the picks that the Dogs would offer, but I feel like something fair could be worked out. Possibly.

And finally....

Collingwood. Will it strengthen the club to trade Cloke out? Probably not. But he is 29 and maybe it's best to strike while the iron is hot. Someone close to a flag might pay overs and that something Collingwood should seriously consider. I think Cloke would be happier at a different club, but I wouldn't be totally against keeping him. If a first round pick was on offer, it would have to be done. A swap for players looks tough to work out, and I cant see how a straight swap for guys like Grimes or Barlow (for example) helps us out. And its doubtful that guys like Rockliff or Deledio (again, for example) would be traded as a straight swap for Cloke.

When looking at trading him, we have to be realistic. Where would he agree to play? And what will be the best offer that we'll receive? Are we simply going to accept the best draft pick offered? If so what kind of pick will Collingwood be looking for?

Either way, we should drag our heels. We are in the box seat. Focus on Hurley/Watts or any other free agent we've targeted first, no matter how unlikely their signatures are. Once we've signed (or missed out on) these players, we'll have a better idea about who we can delist/trade. We'll also have a better idea about where Daicos/Brown will be drafted, so we'll know what picks we'd need if someone was to bid for either.

Then we'd need to talk to clubs about any players we want and find out what we'd be looking to give up. I dont think we're going to see a year like last, where we traded in three good players. But you never know.

Then I'd sit back and wait for the Cloke offers whilst remembering that keeping him is not the worst option.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:23 am

Bumped after another stinker on Friday.

Where the hell was he ? Seriously, a whole night's work in the forward half for 8 possessions, zero goals zero behinds.

He got three marks for the night around the ground, but he barely influenced a contest in forward 50. A few times he jumped half-heartedly from the back of the contest with one hand up. How can the player who tore into GWS be the shadow we saw last night ?

Unless he is on strike, I think it is time we tried something radically different with him in the time left this season. Send him to CHB with Jesse White outside him and swing Reid to CHF. We have a chance to experiment now, and we should not die wondering.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:35 pm

^^ I'm not sure there was too much difference between the performance of Cloke and Moore, Fasolo or White. None of them were overly flash across 4 quarters.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:25 am

jackcass wrote:
^^ I'm not sure there was too much difference between the performance of Cloke and Moore, Fasolo or White. None of them were overly flash across 4 quarters.

Wrong Moore and White got near the footy and scored , Cloke looked lost and Fasolo got a cheapie from Moore's tap on.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:09 pm

So, you thought the guy who had 4 kicks and the other guy who didn't get a disposal for the first 50 minutes of the game were better than the guy who had 7 kicks for the night? You could be right - but wtf has happened to our football club that we are making these sorts of distinctions?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:15 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
So, you thought the guy who had 4 kicks and the other guy who didn't get a disposal for the first 50 minutes of the game were better than the guy who had 7 kicks for the night? You could be right - but wtf has happened to our football club that we are making these sorts of distinctions?

All our forwards were poor. However, Moore is young and still learning. Fas was coming back from injury and has been our most prolific goal scorer this season. Cloke, however, should be at the peak of his powers and is our most experienced forward, yet he was pathetic....again.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:57 pm

3rd degree wrote:
jackcass wrote:

Wrong Moore and White got near the footy and scored , Cloke looked lost and Fasolo got a cheapie from Moore's tap on.

Moore and White had next to zero impact in the 1st quarter, as I said, none of them were overly flash across the 4 quarters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 48 of 52   

Jump to: