Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The great Travis Cloke debate

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 50, 51, 52  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:29 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
IF he fails to fire against the tigers, then its over, that's it, the big Yank comes in for him.

Yeah that last shot from 20 killed the hope for me! What a bloody shocker!

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:24 am

Travis still has a lot to offer. I just think it is on a wing, not near goal. Close to goal he has to wade through a forest of defenders to get at the ball, and then he simply does not have the kicking action to make the most of his opportunities. But he is still a fine long field kick who can take a strong contested mark one on one. I think there are several ways to use these attributes to advantage, just not deep forward.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:04 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Cloke has been a great CHF for us, but unfortunately his time has been and come for us and now it's over. Bit like Sav Rocca a bit over a decade ago. I don't know whose fault it is. Maybe it's Buckley's fault or maybe it's Cloke's fault. It doesn't matter. What matters is that he no longer hits the scoreboard and he longer imposes himself in the contest. When White marked and gaoled in the last quarter he moved past Cloke as our preferred marking forward, just as Moore moved past Cloke in the first half of the season. If Cloke stays next year, Crocker will move past him as well. Better to cut our losses and see what we can get for him at seasons end. Otherwise Cloke is just marking time.

I'd be pretty happy to get another 101 games and 234 goals out of him.. bit like Sav Rocca Wink

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:06 pm

I try to improve a little every day.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:19 pm

Cloke deserves all the plaudits from what he has achieved as a player. In saying that, Moore doing a hammy has saved Cloke for 3 weeks. People say trade him. Why would any other team want him? Seriously 10 metres out and misses. Its a regular occourance and I won drinks on that last shot with mates. They all said he would get it, I said no chance as he is to close.

His last year of his contract is performance based. Save money and make him play VFL all year. It's not physical, it's all above his shoulders.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:39 pm

Cloke has been a great CHF for us, but unfortunately his time has been and come for us and now it's over. Bit like Sav Rocca a bit over a decade ago. I don't know whose fault it is. Maybe it's Buckley's fault or maybe it's Cloke's fault. It doesn't matter. What matters is that he no longer hits the scoreboard and he longer imposes himself in the contest. When White marked and gaoled in the last quarter he moved past Cloke as our preferred marking forward, just as Moore moved past Cloke in the first half of the season. If Cloke stays next year, Crocker will move past him as well. Better to cut our losses and see what we can get for him at seasons end. Otherwise Cloke is just marking time.

It does matter if we get a new coach, of course.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:17 pm

The most amazing thing I thought of the White goal was where has that delivery been? That was the perfect pass put out in front of a leading forward. Cloke would have kicked twice as many goals if he got delivery like that every week instead of 95% of passes being kicked high, over his head or to the advantage of his 3 opponents...
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:47 pm

I think its hit me in the last 2 games how much Cloke's mobility to make contests has slowed to insane levels. Also just how far Moore has moved ahead.
Time to move him on and hope we can get a second round draft pick and salary cap space!!

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:32 am

inxs88 wrote:
I think its hit me in the last 2 games how much Cloke's mobility to make contests has slowed to insane levels. Also just how far Moore has moved ahead.
Time to move him on and hope we can get a second round draft pick and salary cap space!!

I'm in two minds.

If Cloke stays, he'll either take the best defender away from Moore, or if not, it will free up Cloke who is still good enough to play FF.

But if he leaves, we should be able to get a great pick for him. Teams like the Dogs would be looking for someone to play FF while the window is open.

I think the Pies need to let the other clubs what the price tag will be and if we dont get it, we hold on to him. Is an early 2nd round a realistic ask? Is there any way a club would pay a late first round?

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:42 pm

I though Cloke was serviceable on Saturday. Did a lot of grunt work, worked his butt off.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:18 pm

jackcass wrote:
I though Cloke was serviceable on Saturday. Did a lot of grunt work, worked his butt off.

Yep, FWIW I fully agree.

I think Nick's posters actually watch Cloke with their eyes shut because of his hit and miss kicking. Razz Twisted Evil Laughing Cool

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:16 pm

Presti35 wrote:
inxs88 wrote:

I'm in two minds.

If Cloke stays, he'll either take the best defender away from Moore, or if not, it will free up Cloke who is still good enough to play FF.

But if he leaves, we should be able to get a great pick for him. Teams like the Dogs would be looking for someone to play FF while the window is open.

I think the Pies need to let the other clubs what the price tag will be and if we dont get it, we hold on to him. Is an early 2nd round a realistic ask? Is there any way a club would pay a late first round?

What trade value is he?
Would we get a first round pick for him ... or a low first round pick?[/u]

daics aka the ruckman 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:29 pm

jackcass wrote:

Agreed. He worked to position but our kicks to the forward line went the other way.

And could somebody at Collingwood teach him the buddy arc. It will correct his natural hook. Ten metres out should not be a point.

I think Malthouse taught Rupert Betheras to walk in on a strange angle to compensate for his sharp hook and it worked well.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Ive been saying for ages, play him further up the ground, maybe the wing even, he is still a good mark, and can boot it long, and if he marks at fifty plus meters, he can have a long shot with no pressure on him, its the close in pressure that gets too him. Play him further out from goals, its not rocket science.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:51 pm

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:

Yep, FWIW I fully agree.

I think Nick's posters actually watch Cloke with their eyes shut because of his hit and miss kicking. Razz Twisted Evil Laughing Cool

I guess Wayne Carey had his eyes shut as well, gave him 3rd worst on ground.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 51 of 52   

Jump to: