Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Training 7th April

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:14 pm
Post subject: Training 7th AprilReply with quote

Attended training today on this beautiful Melbourne morn. Took up my usual position and can report the following. In training drills, pendlebury was almost exclusively kicking in and did so extremely well and with precision. The drills went well until Ramsay rolled an ankle and was assisted back to the fortress by two trainers, pain chiseled onto his young face. Didn't look great.

The training was highlight by ultra quick ball movement in transition and Rendell was mentoring all our young ruck wannabes including Moore. The session was short, sharp and though it ended early, the kids stayed for extra clearance work and the forwards par rises their craft from a variety of distances and angles.

Reid left the track early, but he trained very well up till then, so no dramas, The Lad would expect.

Goldsack for Ramsay and Howe for Gault based on what I saw this morning.

An excellent session only marred by the Ramsay blip

Last edited by warburton lad on Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks you Lad.
Disappointing to hear about young Mr Ramsay. I thought Friday was our training day curse. Sad It's all Davoren's fault. LOL

Was T. Varcoe training with the group?

Thanks again.

roar 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:31 pm

Phuck.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:34 pm

didick wrote:
Thanks you Lad.
Disappointing to hear about young Mr Ramsay. I thought Friday was our training day curse. Sad It's all Davoren's fault. LOL

Was T. Varcoe training with the group?

Thanks again.

Hi Mr Didick.

Apologies for the delayed response. Battery on cell phone was low and it's a long way back to the Yarra Valley from Melbourne to recharge it.

Varcoe "trained the house down" as the saying goes but I am thinking the club may take a conservative approach given that it is a hamstring.

Sidebottom was flogged on the track; expect two big 'ins' when we play Melbourne in two weeks.

MagpieAnge 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:42 pm

Oh man, terrible news about Ramsay. AFL website reporting it's a knee problem. Fingers crossed that it's not too serious.

Thanks for the report, wl.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:06 pm

MagpieAnge wrote:
Oh man, terrible news about Ramsay. AFL website reporting it's a knee problem. Fingers crossed that it's not too serious.

Thanks for the report, wl.

Hi Magpie Ange

It happened not far from where myself and Miss Warburton Lad were standing. He clearly pointed to his ankle and was very ginger.

I can also report, exclusively, how great it was to observe Varcoe mentoring young Wills and Smith on body positioning at a variety of scenarios: in packs, in marking contests, boundary throw-ins etcetera. This is so great that these lads are getting advice from such a super bloke and footballer as Varcoe.

Pies 08 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:11 pm

Thanks for the report Lad. Did you notice Sier this morning? Good to hear Sidey has been working hard, he owes the team big time. Do you think Jesse White can play a role for us this year?
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:11 pm

Brayden Sier appears to have dropped weight since being drafted. He also moved very well on the track! Tipping a debut for him later in the year. The young lady from CTV is very attractive in real life, by the way. And speaks to all and sundry- a great advertisement for our great club.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:20 pm

Pies 08 wrote:
Thanks for the report Lad. Did you notice Sier this morning? Good to hear Sidey has been working hard, he owes the team big time. Do you think Jesse White can play a role for us this year?

Good afternoon Mr Pies 08!!

I think that Jesse White can play a role. He offers so much more than Gault around the ground and is no worse than him in the ruck.

I did not see Witts or Elliott today, so I'm assuming the big number 15 will not play this week. Miss Warburton Lad has a soft spot for Elliott, and was disappointed not to see him.

There was an old guy at training who looked like Gavin Brown, but he was puffing on a cigarette, so it wasn't Rowdy. This cat was talking, at length, with that well-known Pies supporter, Judy.

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:31 pm

From the AFL website:

(Warburton Lad, any idea who laid the tackle on Ramsay?)

Knee injury sees Pie Ramsay sent for scans
April 7, 2016 1:22 PM

COLLINGWOOD defender Jackson Ramsay has been sent to have his knee examined after hurting it at training on Thursday morning.

The Magpies remain uncertain as to the extent of the injury, but expect to know how serious it is later this afternoon.

Ramsay left the track after going down in a tackle and went inside the club before being sent for scans.

The 21-year-old played his best game for the club on Friday night against Richmond and finally looked to be cementing his place in the team after a frustrating run with injury.

Ramsay received a coaches' vote after picking up 23 disposals and taking seven marks against the Tigers. He was also influential in the final desperate minutes of the game, which Collingwood won with a goal inside the last minute.

Ramsay, the No.38 pick in the 2012 NAB AFL Draft, played the first five games last season before a shin injury kept him sidelined for the rest of the year.

Collingwood's depth has been tested in recent weeks with Dane Swan suffering a season-ending injury, Travis Varcoe sidelined with a hamstring injury, Jamie Elliott not expected to return from a back injury until at least mid-season, and Steele Sidebottom being suspended.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:51 pm

Geez these injuries wear me down. From such a promising start to the year then bang bang bang.

Is AFL more injury prone than NRL?

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:09 pm

Thanks Laddy. Much appreciated.
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:37 pm

Did you see anything between Varcoe, Wills and Smith to suggest either of them might be on the cusp of senior selection.

I'm excited to see Wills, there's something that reminds me of Patrick Cripps from what I've seen.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:40 pm

Thanks Lad a great report as usual
I must admit when we went after Varcoe I was cringing with fear of getting him but I am so happy he has provided so much more to the team than I could ever had imagined.
Now to hear you say he's mentoring young draftees in such a fashion his value has risen again.
Class act Travis Varcoe well done
Can't wait for you to be back soon
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:03 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Thanks Lad a great report as usual
I must admit when we went after Varcoe I was cringing with fear of getting him but I am so happy he has provided so much more to the team than I could ever had imagined.
Now to hear you say he's mentoring young draftees in such a fashion his value has risen again.
Class act Travis Varcoe well done
Can't wait for you to be back soon

Spot on.

And I've said it before and I'll say it again, the club needs a new award for senior recruits who best embrace the spirit and ethos of the Collingwood Football Club through the unwavering demonstration of their skills and mentorship.

Varcoe should receive the inaugural award, and in years to come it should be known as the Varcoe Award.

Last edited by Woods on Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: