Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#7 Josh Daicos

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daics aka the ruckman 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

When they showed the three goals last night they started daics half way into it. They missed the run to get the ball kicked over his head, gather possession and handball along the boundary. They started at the basketball tap and run.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:04 pm

I think Daicos should have won (degree of difficulty was higher) but had a feeling it'd be Draper.

To be fair, it's not so dissimilar to how everyone goes nuts whenever Mason Cox does something; must be tall privilege. Laughing

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:20 pm

I was just watching the whole action of Josh,s goal and it’s #*” ludicrous to think that other Draper one was better

Prolly cracked the 💩 cos of our great year. “The let’s keep em down thing”

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:34 pm

David wrote:
I think Daicos should have won (degree of difficulty was higher) but had a feeling it'd be Draper.

To be fair, it's not so dissimilar to how everyone goes nuts whenever Mason Cox does something; must be tall privilege. Laughing

But what if it was Mason Cox? Would it have even made the final three? Would the Essendon supporters say Cox deserved it?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:49 pm

If he rucked his own ball in the centre and kicked a running goal in the same passage of play? I wouldn't be surprised at all for it to make the final three, but it also goes without saying that opposition supporters would talk it down.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:57 pm

What if Gary Pert jumped on Gary Abletts head and dropped the mark?
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:13 pm

It's curious. I often find myself wondering if that was an outlier or if they just had a different understanding of what constituted a mark in those days.

I randomly stumbled upon this footage from 1989 a couple of years back and found a similarly perplexing call (from about 3:00). There's simply no way this gets close to being paid today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKGtnY0XEWI

There are a number of posters here who would remember watching football in the 1980s and previous decades – can anyone explain how (if at all) this interpretation has changed over the years?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:40 pm

Yeah nah that’s not a mark, even in the older days when we caught a horse and cart to the footy, that was just shit umpiring, same old same old!
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:42 pm

daics aka the ruckman wrote:
When they showed the three goals last night they started daics half way into it. They missed the run to get the ball kicked over his head, gather possession and handball along the boundary. They started at the basketball tap and run.

Exactly! It’s like only showing Micky McGuane’s goal from his 5th bounce.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:56 pm

think positive wrote:
Yeah nah that’s not a mark, even in the older days when we caught a horse and cart to the footy, that was just shit umpiring, same old same old!

Laughing Was that the Whittlesea or Heidelberg line?

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:26 pm

Might JDaicos be our most underated player by supporters and opposition alike?
While attention has been heaped onto younger brother Nick, Josh's impact has also been profound after finding his way back onto the wing, culminating in 2022 AA Squad selection. It's not hard to see him going one step further in 2023.

I wonder if now, not being the only Daicos at the Club, might this have released the valve a little, and allowed him to focus purely on his role? He's made that wing his own, and along with Sidey, both appear to be now playing in the correct position.

Josh was in elite company by being included in the 2022 AA Squad, all as he sarts to enter his prime. A 2023 AA22 selection would be a great addition to his 2020* Goal of the Year / Phil Manassa Medal something he could hold over Nick, before he wins everything else.
( should have been his second, Round 19 2022 against the Bombers, c'mon, that was a clear winner https://youtu.be/zJC2AE4SFNM )

2020 for those feeling nostalgic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DgC2lW-1_A&ab_channel=Shezza%27sVideos

Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.5...Jamie Elliott....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:10 pm

^^^ Thanks Laurie, what a memory of that goal against the Bombers.
Plus that boundary goal....how juicy was that!

❤️️
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:30 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Also, I think JDaicos is one who might well have a colossal breakout year. He is now approaching his prime: i feel that his time is nigh.

Magpietothemax, you may well be right. I thought Jaicos took that step in 2022, but the celing might be higher yet.
If he can at a minimum replicate season 2022, the emergence of Naicos and the introduction of Mitchell might just allow Jaicos to push higher again.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:16 am

LaurieHolden wrote:
Might JDaicos be our most underated player by supporters and opposition alike?
While attention has been heaped onto younger brother Nick, Josh's impact has also been profound after finding his way back onto the wing, culminating in 2022 AA Squad selection. It's not hard to see him going one step further in 2023.

I wonder if now, not being the only Daicos at the Club, might this have released the valve a little, and allowed him to focus purely on his role? He's made that wing his own, and along with Sidey, both appear to be now playing in the correct position.

Josh was in elite company by being included in the 2022 AA Squad, all as he sarts to enter his prime. A 2023 AA22 selection would be a great addition to his 2020* Goal of the Year / Phil Manassa Medal something he could hold over Nick, before he wins everything else.
( should have been his second, Round 19 2022 against the Bombers, c'mon, that was a clear winner https://youtu.be/zJC2AE4SFNM )

2020 for those feeling nostalgic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DgC2lW-1_A&ab_channel=Shezza%27sVideos

I endorse this post whole-heartedly.
Both Daicos boys have sublime skills, most importantly combined with a great work ethic. Perhaps ultimately, it may well eventuate that the only difference between the two may be that Naicos burst onto the scene with a spectacular first season, whereas Jaicos has been more of a slower burn?
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:14 am

Kane Cornes declared ( “ the round so far “ on AFL app ) Josh Daicos is his choice for the best kick in the competition ( I’m paraphrasing here )
Anyone who picked up on Josh’s two perfect 40 metre LEFT foot kicks under pressure in the first quarter would have difficulty disagreeing with Cornes assessment. Josh’s ability to perfectly execute on his wrong foot is a potent weapon and I can only hope whoever is voting on the A A panel take that into account when they start to narrow down the best wingers in the competition.
If you can’t recall those kicks, go back and watch the first quarter. You won’t see two better kicks on the non preferred foot under pressure
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21   

Jump to: