Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#7 Josh Daicos

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh will be just fine. Can't be compared with his Dad, it's a bit like Gaz Sr and Gaz Jr. Really classy and will develop more than many expect. He's gutsy and silky. When brilliant younger brother Nick joins him, and they both have 50+ games under their belts, we'll have a 6-8 year period where the Daicos factor will be something to behold. Something to spit all over the Carlton supporters when we scream DAICOSSSSSSSSSSSS! It will hurt them.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:11 pm

uncanny wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
uncanny wrote:
lay off him?
the posts here have been supportive of Josh
we can't help comparing to what's gone before
and it's a good thing
that's one of the richest thing about following the team
a case in point
when Rhys Shaw played his first games I was struck with how his kicking actions was so much like his dad Ray
why shouldn't we compare and celebrate talent nurtured from one generation to the next?

Maybe not on this thread, but I have seen posts on a couple of other threads having a go at this kid. Look, we will never see the likes of his dad again, he will no doubt be a very different type of player. Im not saying don't compare, but its pretty hard to compare to a footy genius like his dad, really. Im sure he will be a very good player for us, but he wont be like his father, the only one I can think of who equalled his dad is ablett, both exceptional stars in their own right.

fair call pnc on stuff like "hell never be as good as his old man". what im saying is I enjoy seeing similar traits over generations emerge.its good that Josh has made the team in the face of the enormous reputation of his dad. just shows how well they have handled things to let Josh explore his potential and see what he can achieve. plenty of great memories tto celebrate with Peter and hoping Josh gets his fair share in time

yes, mate, and the one who SHOULD be with us is the bloody doggies young kid Richards, who has more black an white blood in his veins than any current Pie playing. Hell, his line is Lou, Ron Richards, the Pannams, going back 100 yrs, how in the name of all that is holy did we miss out on this kid, its like Picken too, the damn dogs swooped on him too. !! This kid looks the image of his grandad, Ron Richards, has that real Richards moosh, I bet Lou was hoping hed be a Magpie, before Lou passed away. !! Confused Shocked

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:16 pm

FFS, the dogs didn't swoop on Picken, every club passed him for several years. The only reason the Dogs rookied him was because Williamstown offered to pay his salary if they did.

He had a great year in 2016, but any other club would have delisted him before that.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:59 pm

I thought we might have seen Brown given another opportunity this week in place of Daicos who isn't commanding to be retained in the 22 at present.

Fingers crossed both will be just keeping the seat warm for Elliott anyway.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:57 am

stui magpie wrote:
FFS, the dogs didn't swoop on Picken, every club passed him for several years. The only reason the Dogs rookied him was because Williamstown offered to pay his salary if they did.

He had a great year in 2016, but any other club would have delisted him before that.

Is that why the great Murray weidemanns grandson is at the deeees, same type of thing is it ?? I bet the ol weed was spewing when he found out his grandson was a deeee, he utterly loathed Melbourne, hated their guts bigtime. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
E 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:40 am

Piesnchess wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Is that why the great Murray weidemanns grandson is at the deeees, same type of thing is it ?? I bet the ol weed was spewing when he found out his grandson was a deeee, he utterly loathed Melbourne, hated their guts bigtime. Surprised

i think we kind of lost all chance of getting Weideman when we took Treloar. didn't we give up our first round pick that year to GC (which ultimately ended up at Melbourne being used for Weideman). Might have my facts wrong there but not sure we had the firepower to get weideman once we got Treloar. By the way, Weideman is a handy player, but i dont think he is one of the first three KPFs picked by the dees in any given week so his game time is being dictated by injuries. Is he as good as Cox or Moore? Not sure about that.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:52 pm

Actually it was also Footscray who forced our hand to use pick 9 on Darcy. Pricks!
But don't underestimatemate Josh, he's getting better each time he plays & is doing exactly what the coach wants, he's performing his role as a link up player between the 50s, & tackling everything, and I believe he shut out one of the Bomber mids last week. He also goes at about 90% efficiency. Once he has another pre-season or 2 in him, & has to shave properly he'll be an excellent player. People say he'll be nothing like the old man, apparently young Nick is the wizard, he just won the B&F in the junior league at 14, and is touted as even a possible no.1, unfortunately not until 2021, but Josh too has the same build as dad, very low centre of gravity like Peter (and Dids, Swanny, etc), and will run rings around blokes, hopefully in the mould of Swanny. A lot to look forward to from that house.
And never underestimate the stimulant effect on all older Magpie fans on hearing Bristle cry "Daicos!!"
Its a shame we didn't get Richards, but he was in the wrong spot. We were hoping for Stevo & pounced when he was still there at 6, Richards was gone by our next pick, I think he was snaffled at 15/16 which was in the late 30s. The Dogs have him locked away until 2021 or something so we won't be getting him soon.

Surely no one thinks taking Stevo was a mistake? He's still a long way from his best but is already having a real effect on games with exciting goals & inspirational party tricks.
We also stuffed up by not taking Kelly, but he was a surprise packet, we won't be making that mistake again when we grab his brother this year. Plus Isaac Quaynor is ours & he's looking like a gun already.

I really wish we had a shot at getting one of the "GOAT" chances on offer this year, but Carlton will... actually they'll probably let Adelaide take Jack Lukosius as they're determined to do, and take another dud, they have NO clue. That still leaves a bunch of guns for the other shit sides to grab, and others could still be around by our pick at 18, Buckley's stuffed it up again, & got us playing great right when the best players are in the draft. If we lose every game from here home we still won't get Lukosius, who might well be a Barrasi/Greening type genius. Just pray no one manages to snaffle both King bros. That would be a nightmare! I like the look of Ben, but Max is supposed to be better, although his bum knee might see him fall a bit, & Walsh, the first no.1 pick, is dropping also, but he aint gonna be around at pick 18.

I cant think of any way we'll get any of these guns, but we still have 3 or 4 possible greats in the Magoos, including Murray, Two Browns, Madgen, Max Lynch, and more. We've also done all the great things we've done this year without Moore, or Aish, who will both raise us another level in 2019.

But we should probably beat Wet Toast first.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:52 pm

dp

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:07 pm

Josh's worst game for the club to date, but that's okay - he had a lot of mates there...
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:15 pm

piedys wrote:
Josh's worst game for the club to date, but that's okay - he had a lot of mates there...

Yep, he had plenty of mates. He is what?? 19? I think we can see his talent, which is something you cannot acquire through training. He will develop into a very handy footballer, maybe not to the magical wonderment of his father, the greatest wizard since Merlin himself, but he will show us a trick or two I'm sure of it.

MONCO: Your life.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:26 pm

Probably needs to go back to the VFL and get a load of possessions for the rest of the year, then put in a big pre-season, and try to impose himself on the senior team next year.
Dr Pie 

Dr Pie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:01 pm

35forever wrote:
Actually it was also Footscray who forced our hand to use pick 9 on Darcy. Pricks!
But don't underestimatemate Josh, he's getting better each time he plays & is doing exactly what the coach wants, he's performing his role as a link up player between the 50s, & tackling everything, and I believe he shut out one of the Bomber mids last week. He also goes at about 90% efficiency. Once he has another pre-season or 2 in him, & has to shave properly he'll be an excellent player. People say he'll be nothing like the old man, apparently young Nick is the wizard, he just won the B&F in the junior league at 14, and is touted as even a possible no.1, unfortunately not until 2021, but Josh too has the same build as dad, very low centre of gravity like Peter (and Dids, Swanny, etc), and will run rings around blokes, hopefully in the mould of Swanny. A lot to look forward to from that house.
And never underestimate the stimulant effect on all older Magpie fans on hearing Bristle cry "Daicos!!"
Its a shame we didn't get Richards, but he was in the wrong spot. We were hoping for Stevo & pounced when he was still there at 6, Richards was gone by our next pick, I think he was snaffled at 15/16 which was in the late 30s. The Dogs have him locked away until 2021 or something so we won't be getting him soon.

Surely no one thinks taking Stevo was a mistake? He's still a long way from his best but is already having a real effect on games with exciting goals & inspirational party tricks.
We also stuffed up by not taking Kelly, but he was a surprise packet, we won't be making that mistake again when we grab his brother this year. Plus Isaac Quaynor is ours & he's looking like a gun already.

I really wish we had a shot at getting one of the "GOAT" chances on offer this year, but Carlton will... actually they'll probably let Adelaide take Jack Lukosius as they're determined to do, and take another dud, they have NO clue. That still leaves a bunch of guns for the other shit sides to grab, and others could still be around by our pick at 18, Buckley's stuffed it up again, & got us playing great right when the best players are in the draft. If we lose every game from here home we still won't get Lukosius, who might well be a Barrasi/Greening type genius. Just pray no one manages to snaffle both King bros. That would be a nightmare! I like the look of Ben, but Max is supposed to be better, although his bum knee might see him fall a bit, & Walsh, the first no.1 pick, is dropping also, but he aint gonna be around at pick 18.

I cant think of any way we'll get any of these guns, but we still have 3 or 4 possible greats in the Magoos, including Murray, Two Browns, Madgen, Max Lynch, and more. We've also done all the great things we've done this year without Moore, or Aish, who will both raise us another level in 2019.

But we should probably beat Wet Toast first.

We were never going to get Weideman or Richards without a Grandfather/Grandson rule. Actually there are four current players related to members of our 1953 Premiership team playing for other clubs. Zach and Jackson Merrett are great nephews of Thorold Merrett.

E 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:40 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
piedys wrote:

Yep, he had plenty of mates. He is what?? 19? I think we can see his talent, which is something you cannot acquire through training. He will develop into a very handy footballer, maybe not to the magical wonderment of his father, the greatest wizard since Merlin himself, but he will show us a trick or two I'm sure of it.

I cant believe I'm about to say this about someone with the name Daicos, but is he a penetrating enough kick to be effective in the modern game. Seems to be able to do nice things but cant finish because his leg cant do what it needs to do.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:42 am

E wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
piedys wrote:

I cant believe I'm about to say this about someone with the name Daicos, but is he a penetrating enough kick to be effective in the modern game. Seems to be able to do nice things but cant finish because his leg cant do what it needs to do.

Daicos actually kicks 50m goals comfortably. His accuracy has just been left wanting in recent weeks.

His left leg is also damn good. unfortunately, his snap fell short and his 50m set shot went wide.

E 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:09 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
E wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
piedys wrote:

Daicos actually kicks 50m goals comfortably. His accuracy has just been left wanting in recent weeks.

His left leg is also damn good. unfortunately, his snap fell short and his 50m set shot went wide.

you may be right, but that shot on goal didnt look comfortable (which was why he pulled it).

You are thinking of exactly the two plays i was thinking of. I was really annoyed by that snap on goal. Josh Thomas would have buried that chance. So would Sidey, De Goey, Stevo, etc. Was at a crucial time and i think they might have goalsd the other way as a result of that play.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 8 of 21   

Jump to: