Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 1 - Port Melbourne vs Collingwood at North Port Oval

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

MagpieBat wrote:
Stats courtesy of BigFooty's grimlock...

[img]https://proxy.bigfooty.com/forum/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FHslNINI.png&hash=47a2bde8483f570aa0711a0802de7be9[/img]

[img]https://proxy.bigfooty.com/forum/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F9iq5NSt.png&hash=ddf719e687d0be2c2205fcf7b46cef16[/img]

Am I reading that correctly, Wills was the leading possession winner on the ground? I only watched the last qtr and he seemed to struggle a bit.

From what I saw Toovey, Smith, Phillips, Crocker and White should come into contention.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:42 pm

Stats courtesy of BigFooty user grimlock...

https://proxy.bigfooty.com/forum/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FHslNINI.png&hash=47a2bde8483f570aa0711a0802de7be9

https://proxy.bigfooty.com/forum/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F9iq5NSt.png&hash=ddf719e687d0be2c2205fcf7b46cef16

think better 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:48 pm

Thanks MB - had to work today so I got home, started at page 3 and went with the commentary through to the end. I was pleased that we finished well I was starting to think that our fitness and run was a bit suspect.

I wonder if Caff will get a recall - 9 tackles after Bucks bagged our forwards in the AFL for not putting on pressure is a good sign.

Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:59 pm

think better wrote:
Thanks MB - had to work today so I got home, started at page 3 and went with the commentary through to the end. I was pleased that we finished well I was starting to think that our fitness and run was a bit suspect.

I wonder if Caff will get a recall - 9 tackles after Bucks bagged our forwards in the AFL for not putting on pressure is a good sign.

Only watched the last qtr but from what I saw he was on the ball so most of his tackles came from centre square and around the ground stoppages as opposed to forward pressure/ harassment.
think better 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:09 pm

Rick wrote:
think better wrote:

Only watched the last qtr but from what I saw he was on the ball so most of his tackles came from centre square and around the ground stoppages as opposed to forward pressure/ harassment.

I saw he had kicked a couple of goals so I though he might have been forward. Still 9 tackles is pretty solid

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:44 pm

think better wrote:
Rick wrote:
think better wrote:

I saw he had kicked a couple of goals so I though he might have been forward. Still 9 tackles is pretty solid

Played midfield most of the game IIRC

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:54 pm

Smith, Tooves and Wills the standouts for me. Cox was good although his goal kicking was off. Broomy had his moments. White likewise but gees he can stuff things up at times. Shame about Marsh, he was very good in the 1st half.

Caff had an impact but I'd be concerned that that was as much about the slower pace of VFL footy. Hardly noticed Sire but he seems to rack up the possessions. Gault was very average. Frosty was solid without standing out.

Crocker and Phillips and Wyatt show promise.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:16 pm

Sire will one day have his own kingdom

www.facebook/the hybernators
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:24 pm

jackcass wrote:
Smith, Tooves and Wills the standouts for me. Cox was good although his goal kicking was off. Broomy had his moments. White likewise but gees he can stuff things up at times. Shame about Marsh, he was very good in the 1st half.

Caff had an impact but I'd be concerned that that was as much about the slower pace of VFL footy. Hardly noticed Sire but he seems to rack up the possessions. Gault was very average. Frosty was solid without standing out.

did you notice our forwards did not push as high up the ground? it looked a conscious effort to keep some back.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:34 pm

3rd degree wrote:
Sire will one day have his own kingdom

Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lCIh2aCH_o

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:26 am

John Wren wrote:
jackcass wrote:

did you notice our forwards did not push as high up the ground? it looked a conscious effort to keep some back.

Hard to pick up on tv.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:54 am

My player reviews, which I will now be posting over at The Collingwood Blog...

http://www.thecollingwoodblog.com/blog/?p=2214

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:18 pm

Are there TWO Smith's playing in the Collingwood VFL team? (Josh and Matt - no relation). Please let me know.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:31 pm

Lazza wrote:
Are there TWO Smith's playing in the Collingwood VFL team? (Josh and Matt - no relation). Please let me know.

yes. one is rookie listed the other vfl listed.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:51 pm

John Wren wrote:
Lazza wrote:

yes. one is rookie listed the other vfl listed.

Ahhh.........thanks JW. I work with the Bendigo league current Premiership coach from the Strath Storm, Daryl Wilson and he said he coached Matt Smith for the past two years. This Matt Smith was BOG at last year's local grand final and is originally from Calivil. Apparent potential there but really needs to bulk up for AFL standard footy according to Daryl.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11   

Jump to: