Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies pip Tigers in thriller. All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown26 wrote:
I have been critical of the umpires in the past but cause I'm overseas I haven't been to the games yet this year BUT having watched the replay of the Richmond game now it seems that they're letting a bit more niggle go? Is that other peoples feelings? Watching the 3rd quarter now and Williams is held without it in Richmonds forward line - usually an automatic free - and at the 2:05 to go mark Langdon gets held without it in a one on two with Fasolo free, usually an easy call, and no call from the umpires - pretty obvious free last year but nothing - if it's a change in interpretation I like it, should lead to more football and less all-for-glory-umpires.

- Ben

As I have said for years, the major problem I have with umpires is their damn inconsistency with decision making, and having three umpires makes it nigh impossible to have consistency. Even on Friday night, both teams either suffered or benefitted from utter inconsistency. Just watch the entire replay.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:20 pm

Just in case you missed the final moments of the game v Richmond last week, SEN audio have this:

http://www.sen.com.au/news/afl/04-16/highlights-round-2-collingwood-v-richmond

MJ23 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:18 am

watt price tully wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
Tyke wrote:
I haven't read through all 15 pages so apologies if this has been covered.

Having watched the last 30 seconds of the game over and over again yesterday, there were a couple of things I noticed that were very pleasing.

After the Grundy goal when everyone was going mental and celebrating, Langdon showed a calm head and some great leadership by grabbing Moore by the jumper and taking him down to the backline.

Fast forward a few seconds and Richmond get that quick clearance with 4 seconds left on the clock. They ran out of time in the end but for me it was going straight down Darcy Moore's throat. Was also great to see De Goey and Crisp head down there too along with the loose Langdon so we had a +4 in that area. Really pleasing decision making.

I spotted the same thing and came to this thread to highlight it.
From my understanding he had an interrupted pre-season. He hasn't been at his best but I dont think he has been the worst for us.
If he is picked for the seniors next week he is obviously doing something right from the coaches perspective. The composure to grab Moores jumper and take him down back after the goal shows leadership strength.

Are you over last week MJ23? Would have been hard coz you live there with all the expectations of round 1.

For me it was the perfect tonic.

Thankyou for asking

To be honest, no I haven't. I know we have been belted before but I have never seen a belting live. First game of the year and I only get to see them live twice up here. I see a lot of GWS games and Im really not sure I want to go the the GWS / pies game.

My son plays Div 1 junior footy here and I have a fair bit to do with the club of which a vast majority support - you guessed it Swans.
In saying that, the next most supported club is the pies and we have banded together.

I will feel much better when or if the pies find some momentum. Not sure if its confidence or a bit of shell shock with what happened to swanny but we do need very quickly to find some consistency.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18   

Jump to: