Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies pip Tigers in thriller. All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

we came back from nearly three goals down with a few minutes to play. it can't have been all richmond's failings that got us over the line. i don't believe we're as inept as the naysayers want to make us think we are.
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:28 pm

With the new generation taking the centre stage, we won a close game (we lost a few close games last season).

Collingwood is off to another great phase of greatness!!! Go Pies. Premiership in either or all of 2017/2018/2019.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:31 pm

John Wren wrote:
we came back from nearly three goals down with a few minutes to play. it can't have been all richmond's failings that got us over the line. i don't believe we're as inept as the naysayers want to make us think we are.
Laughing

I thought we would be the laughing stock of the AFL after last week. Melbourne snatched that out of our hands. Razz
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:31 pm

John Wren wrote:

Emmm I think they lost it more then we won it (but yes of course we had to kick the goals).

When they were about 17-18 points up and 'what's his face' (sorry forgot his name) marked the ball about 40ish out, he completely rushed it, so as well as missing the shot completely. So he didn't use the ball very smartly at all, he would have been much better off waiting until we all flooded back in their forward line and then chipped the ball backwards etc etc - I'm pretty confident it would have been enough to seal the game. They lost it.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:39 pm

GoWoodsmen wrote:
Lazza wrote:
3rd degree wrote:
Ahh the sharp eye of Lazza can see the value of Gault like aye can! Cool even from the landlubbing pie nest of bendigo!

Sure can..... Twisted Evil Razz

He must be given the opportunity to play the next 2-3 games and build up his confidence. I was quite impressed with his relief ruckman duties and a few 1 percenters which would not have been seen by many Nick's posters. Rolling Eyes

I noticed he was relief rucking but didn't notice it was for the majority of that crucial period. When we're getting beaten as badly as we were in the ruck it's easy to miss coz you just write it off as another stoppage clearance to the opposition! Good to hear he did do some decent stuff.

If what's you're saying is true about the 1% and all that - and I assume it is - then we will still be playing this week. Against a more inexperienced backline I would think too.

Unlike others I never pre guess the Selection Committee decisions and then knock it because it didnt align with my forecast but put it this way, I will be far more surprised than sad or shocked if Gault was dropped. It could be horses for courses type thinking or a match up issue getting in the way however I would very much like to give him another go in the seniors if at all possible according to the selectors and the powers that be. This lad has a lot of potential to become a vital cog in this team.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:27 pm

Culprit wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Laughing

I thought we would be the laughing stock of the AFL after last week. Melbourne snatched that out of our hands. Razz

S%ck it up Titus and all other dreamon squibs!

www.facebook/the hybernators
John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:37 pm

3rd degree wrote:
Culprit wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Laughing

i heard you have been invited to the demons' president's lunch in two weeks' time. this is true isn't it?

E 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:48 pm

John Wren wrote:

We are not as constructed until Howe, Elliot, Varcoe and Sidey come back. That is some serious improvement right there.

MJ23 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:53 pm

Tyke wrote:
I haven't read through all 15 pages so apologies if this has been covered.

Having watched the last 30 seconds of the game over and over again yesterday, there were a couple of things I noticed that were very pleasing.

After the Grundy goal when everyone was going mental and celebrating, Langdon showed a calm head and some great leadership by grabbing Moore by the jumper and taking him down to the backline.

Fast forward a few seconds and Richmond get that quick clearance with 4 seconds left on the clock. They ran out of time in the end but for me it was going straight down Darcy Moore's throat. Was also great to see De Goey and Crisp head down there too along with the loose Langdon so we had a +4 in that area. Really pleasing decision making.

I spotted the same thing and came to this thread to highlight it.
From my understanding he had an interrupted pre-season. He hasn't been at his best but I dont think he has been the worst for us.
If he is picked for the seniors next week he is obviously doing something right from the coaches perspective. The composure to grab Moores jumper and take him down back after the goal shows leadership strength.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:05 pm

John Wren wrote:
3rd degree wrote:
Culprit wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Laughing

i heard you have been invited to the demons' president's lunch in two weeks' time. this is true isn't it?

Indeed I will be dining with Swooper Northey discussing his tactics from the 1988 Grand Final and how he never thought he could lose it from 3/4 time.

www.facebook/the hybernators
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:27 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Not sure if this has been posted. Apparently when the Tigers were 17 points up. Cotchin ran up to Treloar and said, "bet you regret making that statement now". After the game Treloar ran up to Cotchin and patted him on the head and said, "you spoke too soon". Shocked Laughing

That's too good not to be true.

I've just watched the replay again. Treloar definitely says this and gives him a pat on the head.

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:49 pm

^ an attaboy.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:51 pm

MJ23 wrote:
Tyke wrote:
I haven't read through all 15 pages so apologies if this has been covered.

Having watched the last 30 seconds of the game over and over again yesterday, there were a couple of things I noticed that were very pleasing.

After the Grundy goal when everyone was going mental and celebrating, Langdon showed a calm head and some great leadership by grabbing Moore by the jumper and taking him down to the backline.

Fast forward a few seconds and Richmond get that quick clearance with 4 seconds left on the clock. They ran out of time in the end but for me it was going straight down Darcy Moore's throat. Was also great to see De Goey and Crisp head down there too along with the loose Langdon so we had a +4 in that area. Really pleasing decision making.

I spotted the same thing and came to this thread to highlight it.
From my understanding he had an interrupted pre-season. He hasn't been at his best but I dont think he has been the worst for us.
If he is picked for the seniors next week he is obviously doing something right from the coaches perspective. The composure to grab Moores jumper and take him down back after the goal shows leadership strength.

Are you over last week MJ23? Would have been hard coz you live there with all the expectations of round 1.

For me it was the perfect tonic.

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:32 am

Culprit wrote:
John Wren wrote:
Laughing

I thought Richmond did that! Razz
Brown26 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:10 pm

I have been critical of the umpires in the past but cause I'm overseas I haven't been to the games yet this year BUT having watched the replay of the Richmond game now it seems that they're letting a bit more niggle go? Is that other peoples feelings? Watching the 3rd quarter now and Williams is held without it in Richmonds forward line - usually an automatic free - and at the 2:05 to go mark Langdon gets held without it in a one on two with Fasolo free, usually an easy call, and no call from the umpires - pretty obvious free last year but nothing - if it's a change in interpretation I like it, should lead to more football and less all-for-glory-umpires.

- Ben
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18   

Jump to: