Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies pip Tigers in thriller. All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this has been posted. Apparently when the Tigers were 17 points up. Cotchin ran up to Treloar and said, "bet you regret making that statement now". After the game Treloar ran up to Cotchin and patted him on the head and said, "you spoke too soon". Shocked Laughing
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:52 pm

Culprit wrote:
Not sure if this has been posted. Apparently when the Tigers were 17 points up. Cotchin ran up to Treloar and said, "bet you regret making that statement now". After the game Treloar ran up to Cotchin and patted him on the head and said, "you spoke too soon". Shocked Laughing

That's too good not to be true.
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:33 pm

ronrat wrote:
We also need our big players, in particular the rucks to be more aggressive. Grundy was getting rag-dolled by that pretend footballer Hampson. That was doing my head in. We need someone to assume the Anthony Rocca role of 2002/3, and be a physical threat to the opposition, so that other players walk taller around him. Prior to Rocca I can only think of Monky and Millane that had that effect on our team.

In 1990 we also had Kelly, Banks, Brown, Shaw and Manson. Start something at your peril. I suggest hawthorn have had those type of players that allow softcocks like Bruest to get away with it.

Oh don't use that Monky or Monkey in case you upset some mod Wink

Jarrod Molloy??

BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:34 pm

I don't get their spud coach - last week he said it felt like a loss so this week he should feel like it's a win. Win a Final dud.

Having a bit of fun on the SMS with my Tiger mates all centred around my response to their SMS's to me as in:-
- that was a good POINT you made
- You make a compelling POINT
- Another good POINT
- A really good POINT
- I'll make note of that POINT
- POINT taken
- Good POINT that
- Excellent POINT
- You have made your POINT
- Let me make my POINT
- Yes but my POINT is ...
- Don't POINT the finger at ...
- Ur dud coach said there is a learning POINT or two from the game
- How about lunch at POINT Cook

Poor guys, still stuck watching the 1980 GF on their Rank Arena TV.

I guess more fun tomorrow...

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:38 pm

How did that one end? I left when David Cloke ran down Ricky Barham from behind in the first quarter. Just about my shortest day at the footy, ever.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:15 pm

Just in case you forgot about Friday night have a listen to this (enjoy):

https://soundcloud.com/abc_grandstand/what-a-finish-the-pies-steal-it

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:30 pm

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
ronrat wrote:
We also need our big players, in particular the rucks to be more aggressive. Grundy was getting rag-dolled by that pretend footballer Hampson. That was doing my head in. We need someone to assume the Anthony Rocca role of 2002/3, and be a physical threat to the opposition, so that other players walk taller around him. Prior to Rocca I can only think of Monky and Millane that had that effect on our team.

In 1990 we also had Kelly, Banks, Brown, Shaw and Manson. Start something at your peril. I suggest hawthorn have had those type of players that allow softcocks like Bruest to get away with it.

Oh don't use that Monky or Monkey in case you upset some mod Wink

Jarrod Molloy??

Big Bad Leroy?

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:48 pm

watt price tully wrote:

"Preposterous... ludicrous... outrageous.... egregious". It was hard not to laugh, wasn't it ....?

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:16 am

Damn fine still buzzing since friday. Fasolo , Ramsay , Trealor and Chop were amazing , yes we were messy and still have a lot of work to do , but we kept on fighting and grinded it out , a full credit to how mentally tougher we have become as a unit. Greenwood was also important in the clearances and Grundy is better about the grounds than Witts, Oxley brings us some class!

www.facebook/the hybernators
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:19 am

Mugwump wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

"Preposterous... ludicrous... outrageous.... egregious". It was hard not to laugh, wasn't it ....?

lovely work thank you !

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:59 am

stui magpie wrote:
I just watched the second half without having the first half pollute my opinions and I reckon I saw a lot of positive signs. If the old adage of teams start next week the way they finished the previous works, we're off to a rocking start next week.

gault was no where near as bad as I thought, he was in the ruck for most of the last 8 minutes and did some nice work.

Lots of positives, I'm going to have to sleep on my back after watching it though. Embarassed

SOOOO glad to hear someone else say this. I sometimes wonder what game Nick's posters watch as Gault did a lot of the relief ruck duties to enable Grundy to rest and it obviously payed off in the last few seconds. Gault (like 90% of the team) can of course improve but to ask for his dropping is simply mischievous crap from very silly posters. He was valuable to the team.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:04 am

Lazza wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
I just watched the second half without having the first half pollute my opinions and I reckon I saw a lot of positive signs. If the old adage of teams start next week the way they finished the previous works, we're off to a rocking start next week.

gault was no where near as bad as I thought, he was in the ruck for most of the last 8 minutes and did some nice work.

Lots of positives, I'm going to have to sleep on my back after watching it though. Embarassed

SOOOO glad to hear someone else say this. I sometimes wonder what game Nick's posters watch as Gault did a lot of the relief ruck duties to enable Grundy to rest and it obviously payed off in the last few seconds. Gault (like 90% of the team) can of course improve but to ask for his dropping is simply mischievous crap from very silly posters. He was valuable to the team.

Ahh the sharp eye of Lazza can see the value of Gault like aye can! Cool even from the landlubbing pie nest of bendigo!

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:35 am

3rd degree wrote:
Ahh the sharp eye of Lazza can see the value of Gault like aye can! Cool even from the landlubbing pie nest of bendigo!

Sure can..... Twisted Evil Razz

He must be given the opportunity to play the next 2-3 games and build up his confidence. I was quite impressed with his relief ruckman duties and a few 1 percenters which would not have been seen by many Nick's posters. Rolling Eyes

GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:04 pm

Lazza wrote:
3rd degree wrote:

Sure can..... Twisted Evil Razz

He must be given the opportunity to play the next 2-3 games and build up his confidence. I was quite impressed with his relief ruckman duties and a few 1 percenters which would not have been seen by many Nick's posters. Rolling Eyes

I noticed he was relief rucking but didn't notice it was for the majority of that crucial period. When we're getting beaten as badly as we were in the ruck it's easy to miss coz you just write it off as another stoppage clearance to the opposition! Good to hear he did do some decent stuff.

If what's you're saying is true about the 1% and all that - and I assume it is - then we will still be playing this week. Against a more inexperienced backline I would think too.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:55 pm

I've watched the game again and disagree with the common characterisation of it as an error-filled game in which we were largely outplayed until a lucky finish.

The game had many momentum changes and on the whole was very even. Both teams looked like running away with it on a couple of occasions, we dominated the middle period of the third, the Tigers got on top in the middle period of the last, but the swings were always equalised. So the final swing wasn't luck, it was a continuation of the game's normal flow.

And while there were errors, the second half was actually of a pretty good standard. I think the signs for our team are positive, our main issue is tightening up all of our structures and making sure we don't give up easy opportunities, because apart from those the Tigers really struggled to generate anything against us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18   

Jump to: