Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies pip Tigers in thriller. All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc63 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

ANNODAM wrote:
Why were they booing Treloar?

Because he chose us over them.

Raw Hammer 

ANNODAM wrote:

Really? You haven't been paying attention to the manufactured pre ge campaign?

uncanny 

thought we were gone after Riewoldt's goal
Magic comeback to steal the choocys.
well done pies despite several guys not playing well

Doc63 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:00 pm

I'm stunned. The Richmond fans near me were spewing!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:01 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
I'll put my hand up. I was at the game and got so angry when we fell 3 goals behind into time on that I had to leave and wait outside the gate for the rubbish to end. I heard a few roars and thought Rixhmond were running away with it. Saw Tigera fans leaving and swearing and thought "WTF is going on?" Tan back inside to se the last few seconds at the Richmond end and proceeded to dodge beer cups being hurled from the Togera faithful. Yes, I just missed the most epic comeback in Colonfwood's history. Oh, it doesn't change the fact that currently we flat out suck. But...OH MY GOD.

I'm sorry you missed it. Most of us have made that sort of misjudgement at some time or other.

Did you get into the rooms after the game to get the Future Captain's autograph? His third-quarter goal obviously won us the game. Wink
Doc63 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:02 pm

Can we play Mason Cox next week? Can't be any worse than Galt
derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:05 pm

Doc63 wrote:
Can we play Mason Cox next week? Can't be any worse than Galt

Too tall with Moore , Cloke, ruckmen. We need to drop an extra tall i think.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:10 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Put Treloar in Richmond colours and we lose.

Suck my fat one Kevin.

I completely agreed with your previous comment about Collingwood getting away with one but I'm just wondering about Treloar - I thought he was consistently poor chasing etc when he didn't get the ball and wasn't especially damaging when he had it - compared with, say, Ramsay - who looked like he would set up a scoring opportunity every time he got the ball in an offensive position.

I appreciate that Treloar has had 30+ in his first two games - and that's great for a young player finding his way - but at the moment he looks like a solid accumulator a la the player formerly known as Dayne Beams, rather than a genuine match-winner.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:10 pm

Is it me or is Alex Rance a sniper. Belted Cloke when he marked in the first quarter and snuck sly ones in all night. No more fitting that his blatant cheating on Fasolo set us up. I finished all my beer but the nearest bar is only 5 minutes walk away and it is only 7 O Clock. My Magpie mate will be there shortly as well. 2 bucks a Singha stubby. I.m out of here.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:13 pm

ronrat wrote:
Is it me or is Alex Rance a sniper. Belted Cloke when he marked in the first quarter and snuck sly ones in all night. No more fitting that his blatant cheating on Fasolo set us up. I finished all my beer but the nearest bar is only 5 minutes walk away and it is only 7 O Clock. My Magpie mate will be there shortly as well. 2 bucks a Singha stubby. I.m out of here.

Yes - I thought his nasty late hits probably wanted a 50 or 3. Still, that's why Cloke is so important - he takes those hits, week after week, season after season and just backs up each week. I thought Rance was trying to injure Cloke and just failed miserably.
leonmagic Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:16 pm

fantastic to win that, if for no other reason than we just didn't deserve it for the most part. don't get me wrong, i really enjoyed it, but to be honest there is so, so much about this team that is concerning.

in the final coupe of minutes, marley, ramsay and even blair looked so panicked with the ball. it took a guy who's been there for 3 minutes (albeit a gun) in treloar to actually get the ball and think "i won't panic, i'll take a few steps so my kick goes inside 30 instead of inside 50". richmond marked that ball, but it was deep enough to make richmond panic into a deliberate out of bounds.

then the 20 year old freak steps in. doesn't rush. doesn't go for goal. doesn't panic - just places it to the EXACT spot he should've with 19 seconds on the clock. grundy was the lucky number, and we can thank his natural talents and instincts for finishing that one off - because it certainly wasn't his form.

there are just so many players who need to be replaced if we are to improve - i'd LOVE for it to just be form (or lack thereof), but it's become evident that is just their quality. williams (who i've backed so often) just isn't up to it. i still think he can be, but at the minute, he shouldn't be playing AFL.

langdon has gone so far back that it's actually genuinely amazing. his first year was great, second not too bad, and now he is just simply shocking. i'm assuming this is form, and we're not seeing another mark mcgough career unfolding. if it is form - drop him and let him get it back.

gault - i can't even be bothered writing about him. it's not going to work, so let's leave it alone. i can't believe i'm saying this, but jesse white is a better option.

aish - one game in, so i'm sure a few people will have a go at me for this - but jesus christ. i don't understand what he brings to the table. every touch he had tonight was an instinctive "oh sh*t, here you take it" handball, with no thought of composing himself and finding the best option. his goal was good, but i'm pretty sure that was his ONLY kick for the night? i may be wrong.
again, it's his first game so i'll reserve judgement - i guess it's not his fault, but for the price we paid for him...you'd want to see a bit more then he's shown in the pre-season and tonight. just seems like a stock-standard 15 touches a game midfielder, which we certainly don't need.

maybe i'm just a miserable prick.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:17 pm

OMG! That was so awesome! We sung the song about 5 times the chant was going OMG! On the west gate now! It was bloody worth getting stuck in the car park for 10 min or so, just amazing, I thought we were gone but most of the players had tried so hard no way I was leaving you got to reward effort even if some was, uh hmmm clumsy!

Fasolo Fasolo Fasolo Fasolo Fasolo Fasolo!!!

Good to see sinkers solid again. -and oh my Ben Reid welcome back! The missing link! (Memo no more kick outs for Marley please!)

Oh yeah you want guts?? Anyone gunna question my boy Blair tonight!

Oh wow almost home and god I need a drink!

You bloody beauty!

Go Pies!!

(Bucks all is, well most, is forgiven!)

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:19 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Put Treloar in Richmond colours and we lose.

Suck my fat one Kevin.

I completely agreed with your previous comment about Collingwood getting away with one but I'm just wondering about Treloar - I thought he was consistently poor chasing etc when he didn't get the ball and wasn't especially damaging when he had it - compared with, say, Ramsay - who looked like he would set up a scoring opportunity every time he got the ball in an offensive position.

I appreciate that Treloar has had 30+ in his first two games - and that's great for a young player finding his way - but at the moment he looks like a solid accumulator a la the player formerly known as Dayne Beams, rather than a genuine match-winner.

I think what you are seeing is a player still working his way towards full fitness.

His stats at GWS showed he had a pretty good balance between attack and defence.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

Raw Hammer wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:

Really? You haven't been paying attention to the manufactured pre ge campaign?

not a collingwood supporter so wouldn't know.

ugly win but a win that will build belief and restore some faith. am so pleased for the players.

Dangles 

Balmey Army

ANNODAM wrote:
At least we're not 0 - 2.

A lot of mistakes, we were lucky...

Indeed. I've heard a lot of people quoting stats this week about what happens to teams who have 0 - 2 start to the season. I think I heard someone say that only one team in the past 25 years has played in the finals after an 0 - 2 start. Or something like that.

Happy with the win. I knew Faz had it in him. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 4 of 18   

Jump to: