Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Racist banner at the Collingwood game tonight

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza wrote:
These people have a right to free speech but I don't like seeing political causes (good or bad depending on your political views) being exposed at a football game.

Please keep politics and sport separate.

I agree with you 100%, I wish the AFL would follow this advice. It seems that every other week they push a political barrow.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:46 pm

Wokko wrote:
Even in the USA the right to free speech means the right to not be prosecuted by the Government. The MCG is private property and they have the right to set their own standards. I'm all for people unfurling this banner on the street and having a protest march, but even the most fervent anti-Islamist would generally baulk at shitting up the Footy. Save it for the appropriate forum please.

My thoughts exactly!

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:50 pm

Jezza wrote:
These people have a right to free speech but I don't like seeing political causes (good or bad depending on your political views) being exposed at a football game.

Please keep politics and sport separate.

THIS! 100% agree Jezza.

Jayel 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:52 pm

Oh WOW!! What an over-reaction...... People gave their life for our right to have free speech. The only problem I have with that banner is "GO PIES", because that may link our club to their beliefs. Aside from that, I have no problem whatsoever. The forum is fine, they are trying to get maximum exposure. They have broken NO laws and their protest is passive and non-offensive. Live and let live. Remember our catch cry..... SIDE BY SIDE!.... Live and let live and love your Brothers & Sisters.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:55 pm

Vic park tavern me thinks
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:56 pm

I am not sure how such a pathetic banner is considered political? or free speech? It is just hateful garbage and quid stupid how dare they use Collingwood and the footy to spread their ignorant BS! I with Eddie ban em!
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:02 am

They would've loved Houli's game..

Pathetic is all I can say, glad sanity prevailed

lihei Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:11 am

Wonder if they'll blockade the Melbourne CBD?
mattys123 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:17 am

Wasn't pies fans, or at least proper pies fans, they are just part of this sickening mob who are embarrassing a lot of good Australians.

Ban them for life from all sporting events, now.
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:17 am

Jayel wrote:
Oh WOW!! What an over-reaction...... People gave their life for our right to have free speech. The only problem I have with that banner is "GO PIES", because that may link our club to their beliefs. Aside from that, I have no problem whatsoever. The forum is fine, they are trying to get maximum exposure. They have broken NO laws and their protest is passive and non-offensive. Live and let live. Remember our catch cry..... SIDE BY SIDE!.... Live and let live and love your Brothers & Sisters.

Maybe but a lot of the people who gave their lives lost them fighting people who have the same views as those who put up the banner. Their leader wants a picture of Hitler in every classroom. If they had put that banner up back in the day when those who fought for our freedom in WW2 were a lot more spry, I dare say they wouldn't have got away with just being evicted by police.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:23 am

Not a lot of tolerance for an opposing view point from those who disagree with them, violence, hatred and vitriol. Tolerance for me but not for thee it seems.

Their views should be accepted, debated and tolerated, the place and linking to a football club should not. End of.
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:26 am

Wokko wrote:
Not a lot of tolerance for an opposing view point from those who disagree with them, violence, hatred and vitriol. Tolerance for me but not for thee it seems.

Their views should be accepted, debated and tolerated, the place and linking to a football club should not. End of.

Somehow I doubt you'd be spouting tolerance if it were communists or anarchists putting some banner up at the game.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:29 am

Gerry Cooper wrote:
Wokko wrote:

Somehow I doubt you'd be spouting tolerance if it were communists or anarchists putting some banner up at the game.

Yes I would. I believe strongly in free speech even for those I totally and utterly disagree with. Anarchists are actually closer to my politics than you might think though. Laughing

If someone put up a banner about Freeing the Refugees and had a Greens Party logo and 'Go Tigers' on the banner I'd say the same thing. I disagree with you, this isn't the place, take it somewhere else please.
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:34 am

Jayel wrote:

I was offended. And going just by this thread others were too.

#SIDEBYSIDE
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:35 am

Like i said..VPT.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14   

Jump to: