Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Racist banner at the Collingwood game tonight

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Morrigu wrote:
David wrote:
I still find the fixation of some animal rights groups on Halal slaughter a little curious considering how awful our own Aussie factory farming is. Is it really any worse than, say, the hell endured by battery hens? And if you're focusing on Halal slaughter specifically but not the (nearly identical) Kosher method, it will seem to people that you have an agenda beyond just concern for animal rights.

Of course it's your T-shirt and you have the right to wear it when you like (the MCG security may have other ideas). But when it comes to messages, interpretation is sometimes more important than intent.

But it's not identical is it? Do you know the difference? And your total disinterest in animal welfare or rights is well documented on this site so......

I have no agenda except what I have stated - I don't eat meat for that reason!

Again I don't give a flying rats clacker what you or anyone else "interprets" - care factor absolute zero and totally and utterly irrelevant!

Oh and I have with no problem whatsoever and also one with Palmer in a target.

As far as I'm aware the sole difference between Halal and Kosher slaughtering methods is that a cleric has to bless it (otherwise both essentially require the animal to be bled to death). Happy to be educated otherwise.

Otherwise, good call on the Clive Palmer T-shirt. That one will be a collector's item one day! Very Happy

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:49 pm

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Now you're being silly IMO. Who TF is calling you a racist? - although you seem to want to take umbrage that me or others have called you a racist - I haven't so stop with the manufactured confected victimhood already when I haven't stated or implied that.

No one has said you don't have a right - you manufactured that - I never stated that. You created your own straw person argument & I'm not sure why.

I stick to my original point. That is, it would be provocative & stupid for a person to wear a T shirt that only stated "stop halal" in this climate to the footy.

What I'm saying is bleedin' obvious I would have thought.

Really? This has been a problem at the footy before? Maybe she needs to put a Seinfeld line on it, "not that there's anything wrong with being Muslim, just please, kill your meat kindly." And hello there it is, your pointing out differences again, and directing the shirt at Muslims then makes you a bigot. So what your supposed to keep your opinion about halal and live exports to yourself? That tshirt is about animal welfare, until you put the disclaimer on it. Maybe you could look at it another way (I do see your point of view by the way) maybe look to see if your looking to be offended.

I want your hair tested! I have no idea what your saying.

I spoke about Halal only T shirt not about animal cruelty. I specifically said animal cruelty or "the latter" that is Halal only in the context of animal cruelty another matter entirely if that was on M's T shirt.

I made no opinion on that.

I am a supporter of animal rights & Professor Singer BTW but that is neither here nor there.

Now I bid ewes good night.

I was questioning why you think it would be provocative?i thought that was bleeding obvious

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:49 pm

David don't be silly - it's Walter Palmer the lion killer you pillock!!! Very Happy
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:54 pm

David wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
David wrote:
I still find the fixation of some animal rights groups on Halal slaughter a little curious considering how awful our own Aussie factory farming is. Is it really any worse than, say, the hell endured by battery hens? And if you're focusing on Halal slaughter specifically but not the (nearly identical) Kosher method, it will seem to people that you have an agenda beyond just concern for animal rights.

Of course it's your T-shirt and you have the right to wear it when you like (the MCG security may have other ideas). But when it comes to messages, interpretation is sometimes more important than intent.

But it's not identical is it? Do you know the difference? And your total disinterest in animal welfare or rights is well documented on this site so......

I have no agenda except what I have stated - I don't eat meat for that reason!

Again I don't give a flying rats clacker what you or anyone else "interprets" - care factor absolute zero and totally and utterly irrelevant!

Oh and I have with no problem whatsoever and also one with Palmer in a target.

As far as I'm aware the sole difference between Halal and Kosher slaughtering methods is that a cleric has to bless it (otherwise both essentially require the animal to be bled to death). Happy to be educated otherwise.

Otherwise, good call on the Clive Palmer T-shirt. That one will be a collector's item one day! Very Happy

Pretty close.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Islamic_and_Jewish_dietary_laws

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:55 pm

Morrigu wrote:
David don't be silly - it's Walter Palmer the lion killer you pillock!!! Very Happy

Oh, right. Carry on! Guess I'll just have to make that T-shirt myself. Razz

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:59 pm

schuey07 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
nomadjack wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
Not racist. Religion is not a race. They have their right to free speech.

They have the right to f*ck off too. Remember the tens of thousands of Australians who died fighting Fascism in WWII, so it's disgusting that these local Fascists link their miserable, pathetic politics to our club.

Remember all the people who died at the hands of the Fascists who had their right to free speech removed, who couldn't speak out against their oppressors. If you like it or not, they have that right to their opinion.

Got to love the selective democrats bleating about free speech. Last time I looked freedom of religion was a fundamental democratic principle as well.

It's straight out of the United Patriots Front Handbook. The user just made it a bit too obvious.

Thanks for the insult. I'm not a member of the UPF. I'm a little too olived skinned and southern Italian looking for their group. Typicall of your type to make assumptions about people who have a different opinion to yours. I would never be seen supporting these people, seeing that my grandfather spent two years in NAZI POW camp. Doesn't mean they don't have a right to free speech.

You're welcome. Come back again.

Except I never stated anywhere that they should be banned outright - another incorrect assumption.

As has been stated elsewhere Italian = white regardless of your complexion.

They should be banned however from the footy & not use my team to promote their nasty little agenda which is where the whole thread commenced.

As I said in the other thread, there was a time we weren't allowed into this country because we weren't white enough. So keep sprouting your s&@t.

I have no FI what you're smoking or your drink has been spiked.
Let me get this straight: You're talking to me about racism & discrimination in your family / ethnicity - Somehow I reckon I've got those bases covered. Rolling Eyes

I've been personally massacred for the last 2000 years

Last edited by watt price tully on Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:15 am; edited 2 times in total
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:08 am

watt price tully wrote:

I've been personally massacred for the last 2000 years.

You look remarkably good, considering. Razz Wink

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:08 am

think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Now you're being silly IMO. Who TF is calling you a racist? - although you seem to want to take umbrage that me or others have called you a racist - I haven't so stop with the manufactured confected victimhood already when I haven't stated or implied that.

No one has said you don't have a right - you manufactured that - I never stated that. You created your own straw person argument & I'm not sure why.

I stick to my original point. That is, it would be provocative & stupid for a person to wear a T shirt that only stated "stop halal" in this climate to the footy.

What I'm saying is bleedin' obvious I would have thought.

Really? This has been a problem at the footy before? Maybe she needs to put a Seinfeld line on it, "not that there's anything wrong with being Muslim, just please, kill your meat kindly." And hello there it is, your pointing out differences again, and directing the shirt at Muslims then makes you a bigot. So what your supposed to keep your opinion about halal and live exports to yourself? That tshirt is about animal welfare, until you put the disclaimer on it. Maybe you could look at it another way (I do see your point of view by the way) maybe look to see if your looking to be offended.

I want your hair tested! I have no idea what your saying.

I spoke about Halal only T shirt not about animal cruelty. I specifically said animal cruelty or "the latter" that is Halal only in the context of animal cruelty another matter entirely if that was on M's T shirt.

I made no opinion on that.

I am a supporter of animal rights & Professor Singer BTW but that is neither here nor there.

Now I bid ewes good night.

I was questioning why you think it would be provocative?i thought that was bleeding obvious

I could tell you but I'd have to kill you first (Halal method of course) Wink

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:16 am

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Keep of the smokes & alcohol & hey presto

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:19 am

Morrigu wrote:

I thought it was Clive too. Ban live exports of coal.

Embarassed Embarassed

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:30 am

Ain't it past your bed time?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:43 am

think positive wrote:
Ain't it past your bed time?

Correct Weight (don't forget daylight savings this morning)

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:24 am

schuey07 wrote:
David wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
But it isn't the reason people boo, they have varying reasons. I can't understand the white guilt that Aussies have for themselves. Why do you think that we people from other countries immigrated here, because as surprising as it might be we are probably the least racist and most tolerant country in the world. The catch is that if you assimilate, rather than want to bite the hand that feeds you, life's pretty good.

So if everything's so great here, how come we're talking about Houli being called a terrorist? You make it sound like all someone needs to do in our society to avoid copping racist or xenophobic abuse is do their best to fit in and avoid doing anything to wind people up. But it's not that easy, is it?

This kind of rubbish (and worse) directed at Muslims isn't "ancient history", either; it's something they have to cope with all too frequently. And I think we can all agree that Houli didn't do anything to earn that.

That's rich, you lecturing me about racism. Thats exactly what we hate the most. Ethnic people can stick up for ourselves, we don't need guilt ridden Aussie white knight social justice warriors like you to do it for us. Your type I detest the most, arrogant up themselves tossers who think they know whats right for us. F&@k off and don't speak for us.

schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:50 am

pietillidie wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
David wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
But it isn't the reason people boo, they have varying reasons. I can't understand the white guilt that Aussies have for themselves. Why do you think that we people from other countries immigrated here, because as surprising as it might be we are probably the least racist and most tolerant country in the world. The catch is that if you assimilate, rather than want to bite the hand that feeds you, life's pretty good.

So if everything's so great here, how come we're talking about Houli being called a terrorist? You make it sound like all someone needs to do in our society to avoid copping racist or xenophobic abuse is do their best to fit in and avoid doing anything to wind people up. But it's not that easy, is it?

This kind of rubbish (and worse) directed at Muslims isn't "ancient history", either; it's something they have to cope with all too frequently. And I think we can all agree that Houli didn't do anything to earn that.

That's rich, you lecturing me about racism. Thats exactly what we hate the most. Ethnic people can stick up for ourselves, we don't need guilt ridden Aussie white knight social justice warriors like you to do it for us. Your type I detest the most, arrogant up themselves tossers who think they know whats right for us. F&@k off and don't speak for us.

Nice picture what's your point. <snip>
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:17 am

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Hmm Im wondering if he is related to Hiss then?

Come to think of it where is Hiss? Has Bertha finally done him in?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 10 of 14   

Jump to: