Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

THE VPT JUNK DRAWER. The thread you need when you don't.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting (it's ok, it's safe, it's a bloke not a woman!!)

http://www.upworthy.com/i-spent-a-week-sharing-my-feelings-with-everyone-heres-what-happened?c=reccon3

Don't knock people down, build them up. Next time you see a lonely little old person, take the initiative, smile, say 'your looking good today,' or 'love your outfit'. I do this all the time to perfect strangers in passing and their smile is fantastic. Like good manners, cheering people up a little costs nothing.

So guys, 'how are you? No, really, how are you?"

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:18 pm

So curious......

Is it ok to take a photo of another passenger on a plane who you believe has slighted or offended you and post it online (open to the public) with a rant without their permission?

I say nay - what say ye??

Last edited by Morrigu on Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:36 pm

IMO It's never ok anywhere. The person in the picture more than likely cannot defend themselves. Three sides minimum to every story.

It's a personal, not legal issue by the sounds of it, it's not someone parking illegally in a disabled spot, or thumping someone. So no, not ok.

And let's face it, on a plane, especially in cattle class, the odds of offending or ruffling someone's feathers, are not going to pay much!

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:05 pm

think positive wrote:
IMO It's never ok anywhere. The person in the picture more than likely cannot defend themselves. Three sides minimum to every story!

Yes that's what I think - by all means post your rant but I think photos on a flight without the knowledge or permission are out of line - a plane is not a public place.

Some interesting policies from different airlines - septic ones seem to spell out photography do and dont's - Qantas has no specific policy - hmmm maybe they should get one!

Oh and this wasn't me btw - I'm a pretentious twat - I don't fly budget airlines and I don't fly economy long haul Razz

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:36 pm

Morrigu wrote:
So curious......

Is it ok to take a photo of another passenger on a plane who you believe has slighted or offended you and post it online (open to the public) with a rant without their permission?

Depends on the jurisdiction. In Victoria it's pretty much a nay.

Something I'm digging through at the moment is the issue of patients and family members recording video of clinicians treating them. It's basically illegal but needs to be handled sensitively

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:53 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
So curious......

Something I'm digging through at the moment is the issue of patients and family members recording video of clinicians treating them. It's basically illegal but needs to be handled sensitively

The whole thing is getting ridiculous, you can film random people in the street, try and film your kid playing netball you gave to have the permission of the parent of every child! Fricken crazy. It's not the photo that bothers me, it's what you do with it. You want to use it to complain to the airline to show abuse, fair enough, but public rants with no right to reply is just bullying. Someone knows them.

whats the go with filming doctors? just in case you want to sue them??

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:15 am

People watching on planes is quite fascinating. I've seen mums with babies crying because their ears are poppong get distressed because their baby might be annoying someone for a whole minute or two, and I've seen full grown men carry on like absolute turds because they don't want to put their seat up at meal times. Took my hat off to the Qantas staff who dealt with one such dick who was sitting in the centre aisle across from us (I always pay extra to pick seats, preferable with the right number of seats for the members in our group) his teenage son was asleep, and he was carrying on about the lights coming on for dinner, and having to wake his son to put the seat up. He was really getting loud. What a total tool!

Years ago, after our honeymoon, we had a drunk guy next to us on a flight home from the States, these days they wouldn't let him on. So an hour or so in he gets up and goes to the loo, he didn't come back for about two hours! The hostess actually came looking for him! He had sobered up a bit by then and just went to sleep.

Last year we flew Qantas to the states for the first time, (previously we have flown there with air New Zealand, love their planes, and American Airlines) was waiting for the loo and a hostess said how are you and I replied 'you've spoilt me for life!' She thought I was upset, but I said no, I'm loving it, the food is great, the toilets are spotless, and the seat is comfy and plenty of leg room, not to mention, good programming on the telly! (I should add that I just love to fly, always have! And I'm just an ordinary average sized person, so I don't need much space). She says why Thankyou, can I get you something? I said um, Diet Coke? She says you can do better than that! Err, scotch? She smiles, and when I get back to my seat she lobs up with 2 cans of Diet Coke and a glass half full of scotch, with another to mix it in, plus chocolate, chips, and then she came back with more for hubby, and stuff for junior! And then again a few hours later! It was awesome! I'm on the same flight numbers again this year, there is four of us, so I picked near the back, the centre four, the guys can have the two ends.

I don't mind who we fly with around the States, as the flights are mostly only a couple of hours. They have a really good system when loading and unloading the plane. None of this every man for himself in the race to get off! Dumb really, you still have to wait for your bags! They call seats from this number to that, and some airports have poles with numbers, and you queue in order. It's really well done.

They also have (free- not like the expensive Sydney ones) shuttles, buses or trains, between terminals at the big airports, and they are so well organised. Atlanta airport is amazing.

What's really weird is they overbook domestic flights! They don't like empty seats, and they make announcements "who wants to go standby?' And they race to take it! They get free flights, or cash bonuses! The first time it happened to a flight we were on I was panicking, I wanted to get to Miami for a heat game! The hostess says don't worry, you won't miss out, watch the desk! Sure enough, they had 15 volunteers! That's bizarre!

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:07 pm

Morrigu wrote:
think positive wrote:
IMO It's never ok anywhere. The person in the picture more than likely cannot defend themselves. Three sides minimum to every story!

Yes that's what I think - by all means post your rant but I think photos on a flight without the knowledge or permission are out of line - a plane is not a public place.

Some interesting policies from different airlines - septic ones seem to spell out photography do and dont's - Qantas has no specific policy - hmmm maybe they should get one!

Oh and this wasn't me btw - I'm a pretentious twat - I don't fly budget airlines and I don't fly economy long haul Razz

No, that can't be ok. If someone took a photo of me on a plane I'd be furious! I've never (that I can remember) taken a photo of anyone to post online, for any reason. Took a photo of a woman's backpack once, but you couldn't tell who was wearing it & couldn't see the person.

Unless it's a picture to say something like "look at this beautiful goddess I saw on the plane", it's a no. And since most secret snaps of people are for non complimentary reasons it's just not a nice thing to do.

(And you're not pretentious - when you're as tall as us economy class for long haul is just cruel! Wink)
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:54 pm

why did you take a picture of the backpack
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:55 pm

stui magpie wrote:

But public transport is ok, yeah? Embarassed

#SIDEBYSIDE
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:56 pm

Did you make a mistake.
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:28 pm

think positive wrote:
why did you take a picture of the backpack

It was shaped like the Batman symbol & a friend of mine is a Batman freak, told her she had to get one.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:50 pm

mandy wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

But public transport is ok, yeah? Embarassed

Potentially OK.

http://www.smartsafe.org.au/legal-guides/legal-guide-surveillance-legislation-victoria

Wink

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:41 pm

Hmmm this was noticeable last time we were there sounds like it's getting worse!!

Foreign African nationals are facing xenophobic attacks again in South Africa. This repeated action which seems to always find Nigeria at the centre has caused more friction, both diplomatically and within the citizens of the two countries.

Tthe South African Human Rights Commission (SAHRC) has reportedly expressed its concern with rising violence against foreign nationals. SAHRC says there are WhatsApp reports that encourage the march to take violent action against foreigners.

The human rights commission has written to various government departments asking what actions will be taken to prevent further violence.

The commission reiterates that an attack under the guise of crime prevention, aimed at a particular vulnerable group on the basis of their birth outside of South Africa is an infringement of the rights within our Constitution, SAHRC noted

https://thisisafrica.me/nigerians-strongly-react-xenophobic-attacks-south-africa/

Bloody Trump! Bloody Pauline! Oh hang on ..........

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:15 pm

I don't think it's news that racism and xenophobia exist everywhere but that doesn't mean we should be less worried about the people pushing it here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 11 of 30   

Jump to: