Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

THE VPT JUNK DRAWER. The thread you need when you don't.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to Warragul the other day, took ages to get there because it was windy and raining & such a horrendous drive with road spray from all the other cars on the highway. Ended up getting there later than expected then went out to lunch at Poowong with Dad for fathers day. Such a strange name for a town, but then there's probably heaps of little towns like that with weird names around. Massive plate of food (bangers & mash - delish!) & finished the whole lot! Drove around the Strzelecki ranges for a while & took some awesome photos (won't bore you with them), dropped Dad off then had to have an even worse drive home because as well as the rain & wind & road spray the sun was setting & since I was heading west I copped it right in my face pretty much the whole time. Geez. cheers.
npalm 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:25 pm

Went to the cattery the other day to pick up our moggy. A polite chat about the weather with another customer in the waiting room degenerated into a climate change "discussion".
Ended up, this bloke called me a 'cultural marxist' ! I had to look it up.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/cultural-marxism

I had never heard this expression before. I know that I'm dated and out of touch but is this a common expression? What should I have called him in return? What's the current equivalent of troglodyte?

btw, it's been a long time since I could be accused of being marxist and I've certainly never been cultured. Smile

Last edited by npalm on Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:29 pm

Are you asking me for advice?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:24 pm

npalm wrote:
Went to the cattery the other day to pick up our moggy. A polite chat about the weather with another customer in the waiting room degenerated into a climate change "discussion".

I had never heard this expression before. I know that I'm dated and out of touch but is this a common expression? What should I have called him in return? What's the current equivalent of troglodyte?

btw, it's been a long time since I could be accused of being marxist and I've certainly never been cultured. Smile

I've never been a Marxist, although I did enjoy Groucho, Harpo and Chico. Zeppo and Gummo not so much.

What should you have said to him? I'm not sure what it means even after reading the link but maybe "thanks, better than a Phar Quit"?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:15 pm

stui magpie wrote:
npalm wrote:

I've never been a Marxist, although I did enjoy Groucho, Harpo and Chico. Zeppo and Gummo not so much.

What should you have said to him? I'm not sure what it means even after reading the link but maybe "thanks, better than a Phar Quit"?

Hahaha classic!

How long were you waiting at the cattery for npalm? That bizarre unless you had already met before!

npalm 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:33 pm

Yep, TP it was a bit bizarre. Never met the guy before. Just another customer at the cattery. We were just talking about the cold weather and he suggested that it was evidence that climate change was a hoax. The 'discussion' escalated from there.
Probably not one of my better moments. I'll blame it on a bad mood due to returning to freezing Melbourne after a lovely warm holiday in Qld.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:54 pm

npalm wrote:
Yep, TP it was a bit bizarre. Never met the guy before. Just another customer at the cattery. We were just talking about the cold weather and he suggested that it was evidence that climate change was a hoax. The 'discussion' escalated from there.
Probably not one of my better moments. I'll blame it on a bad mood due to returning to freezing Melbourne after a lovely warm holiday in Qld.

Ha! yeah i so get that, im still on Hawaii time!fell asleep at 9 last night (but that could have been the footy snorefest!) and woke at 3.3am! yuk! and very over this cold weather!

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:54 pm

luvdids wrote:
Drove around the Strzelecki ranges for a while & took some awesome photos (won't bore you with them), dropped Dad off then had to have an even worse drive home because as well as the rain & wind & road spray the sun was setting & since I was heading west I copped it right in my face pretty much the whole time. Geez. cheers.

It's just beautiful up there we used to go riding ( motorbike not push) before my arm went stupid and stopped me riding Evil or Very Mad flip the visor up and you could feel it - magnifique!!! Very Happy Very Happy

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:35 pm

Went to the trouble of buying 4 bags of chocolates and haven't had a single child or family come to my door for Halloween.

Granted last year I only had the one group of 3 kids but was expecting some growth in turnout.

Disappointing so perhaps next year I'll need to decorate my lounge window with some Halloween decorations.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:02 pm

A lot of kids/parents don't door knock houses without balloons out the front, mainly because of "perceptive fellow" who go off about Halloween calling it American and getting their panties in a bunch (It's Irish you wankers).
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:18 pm

Gees I ran out at about 7! I had dozens! Had to put a no lollies left sign on the door and bring in the big pumpkin man from the balcony!

I was answering the door in hubbies Trump mask, I said boo and this little 3 or 4 year old superman just freaked it! Then the lip went! I felt terrible! Gave him extras and thank God for the puppy distracting him!

Answered the door to a big mob, and I was sure one kid looked familiar and then the one next to her pipes up havent we been to this house? The familiar one elbows her and says shhhhhh! So I said step forward if you havent been here! 4 stood still! Cheeky buggers! All good fun!

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:21 pm

Yes, I see that now. I only got confused for a moment.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:14 pm

7.30am bike ride with camera:
Saw a rusty pipe in the water, ill stop on the way back i think.
Get to the pier, just short of 10klm. I'll just go to the boat ramp i think. Turned around at the boat ramp and its like WTF!
The wind was unreal but the trees were barely moving!
Very tempted to call for an Uber, but i peddle away & im thinking, not doing too badly, and then Santa rides past me like im standing still!
Im watching his tanned calf muscles ripple as he peddles away and all i can think of is: Chocolate ripple! God im hungry!
I get to the pipe and there is Santa, with a MASSIVE telephoto lens pointed at my pipe!
Here i am thinking i''ve done well to pack my camera securely in the basket, and i look at his sleek racer and think WhereTF does he PUT that thing!
So i keep going because 1: SIZE DOES MATTER!!
And 2: im so knackered im purely moving on momentum.
Finish just short of 20klm! I struggle upstairs like an extra from the Walking Dead and Junior says "just go around the block!"
Yep. Nup.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:09 pm

Someone get this woman to the Richmond injecting room.

Pronto!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:57 am

Did you get even a small chuckle from me laughing at myself?

Life is too short to be serious all the time.

This guy nailed it, what an amazing message to leave behind:

https://youtu.be/ncoSRKoU6GQ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 17 of 30   

Jump to: