Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Brussels bombed by Islamic terrorists

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
Perhaps security could keep a bit more of a look out for men wearing coordinated single gloves on one hand, pushing trolleys in groups?

If they see them, play a Michael Jackson song.

If they don't start dancing - arrest them.

If they do start dancing - shoot them.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:04 pm

Sounds fair to me.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:11 pm

If I see em I'm gunna BEAT IT faster than Billy Jean

(Bet I'm not the only one taking another look at that pic!)

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:56 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Screening people going into airports wont work as it simply will mean crowds of people will be lined up outside and easy targets.

That's what they do at Rwanda - all luggage and possessions screened and shoes, socks, belts everything off before you take one step inside the airport!

And lots of very grumpy blokes with very large guns!

Took a fair while even though it's not a big airport and doesn't have that many flights ( apart from all the flights loaded with soldiers heading to the DRC also with very large guns!) imagine trying to do it at say Heathrow - you'd need to arrive a day before your flight Shocked

They also stop all cars entering carparks and do a complete bomb sweep and yep more grumpy men with large guns!

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:17 pm

Since the authorities have now identified all 3 suspects and it appears that they were well known for involvement in organised crime, under suspicion of supplying ammunition for the Paris attacks and on the run following the capture of their village-idiot mate in the Brussels raids last week, this just looks like a massive failure of police "surveillance" and "intelligence" agency operations.

As these people were high on the list of suspects thought to have aided and abetted previous atrocities, it might have been desirable to let the transport authorities know to keep an eye out for them.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:36 am

Terrorist attacks are becoming the norm and the media are slowly desensitising the people. Soon a bomb will go off and people will just switch off. Who knows once the shock and awe disappears these idiots may stop. I don't think so, what will happen will be a nuclear suicide bomber to shock us even more as the small explosions will have no effect on the masses.

Religious fundamentalists are just crazy ^%$^%$^&. There is no real defence for suicide bombers. I hear education is the key and I just laugh as these type of people have an agenda and that is to kill people that do not agree with them. This has been going on for centuries and will be going on since many of us have left this life.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:28 pm

Looking like this is just the beginning.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_BRUSSELS_ATTACKS_CELLS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-03-23-15-15-46
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:59 pm

It's a worrying trend Wokko.

I remember reading a few months back that an ISIS defector claimed that the group had told potential foreign fighters who attempted to cross the Turkish-Syrian border to stay in their home countries and commit home-grown attacks rather than coming into Syria and fighting on the front lines there, whereas in 2014 the group was much more accepting of those willing to fight in Syria and Iraq.

Europe has serious problems but it's not really surprising this is happening unfortunately.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:04 pm

The problem in Europe appears to be that they don't seem to want to employ anyone with an IQ over about 47 in the police or the security services. This is all very worrying but the most worrying thing about it is the complete ineptitude of the people who are supposed to be protecting the public.

The world is full of bad people but when you know exactly who they are, where they've been and what they're doing, there's not much excuse for letting them wander into an airport and a train station carrying bombs.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:35 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
The problem in Europe appears to be that they don't seem to want to employ anyone with an IQ over about 47 in the police or the security services. This is all very worrying but the most worrying thing about it is the complete ineptitude of the people who are supposed to be protecting the public.

Do they have much of a pool left to pick from?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:01 pm

Who knows? I harp on this because we seem to be willing to cede all sorts of rights for the benefit of "protections" that seem to prove all to often to be illusory. There are broader lessons to be learned here.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:07 pm

I actually don't believe anti-terror legislation enhances our protection for that matter so I'm generally opposed to it in most cases.

We're better off preserving our system rather than changing it even if in reality it's an illusion.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:40 pm

YASMIN ALIBHAI-BROWN: Why will no one admit the way some western Muslims raise their children is fomenting terror?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3507086/Why-no-one-admit-way-western-Muslims-raise-children-fomenting-terror.html

Yes David it is from the Daily Mail - BUT it is not a bashing article - it genuinely offers explanation and insight.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:48 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Who knows? I harp on this because we seem to be willing to cede all sorts of rights for the benefit of "protections" that seem to prove all to often to be illusory. There are broader lessons to be learned here.

Old lessons to be relearned.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Europe doesn't have too many essential Liberties left, and the security measures don't seem to apply to Islamic arrivals.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:50 pm

Try to be less subjective.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: