Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Brussels bombed by Islamic terrorists

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Read your own article link David, it says

"Speculation that led some to link the Paris attacks to the refugee crisis was spurred by the discovery of a Syrian passport near one of the suicide bombers. The passport was issued in the name of Ahmad Al-Mohammad, a 25-year-old from the rebel-held Syrian city of Idlib.

French officials have said that the bomber's fingerprints match a set taken in Greece in October when a person holding Al-Mohammad's passport entered the Greek island of Leros from Turkey. The man later entered Serbia, where authorities took fingerprints matching those taken in Greece. The following day, the man crossed into Croatia, according to a Serbian security official who spoke to The Associated Press.

However, it is not known whether the suicide bomber was indeed Al-Mohammad or someone traveling with a fake Syrian passport, which have become legion inside and outside Europe.

A third stadium bomber hasn't been named, but French officials said he entered Greece at the same time as Al-Mohammed.

All of the attackers and accomplices named thus far are all European citizens. Here is what we know about each.
Abdelhamid Abaaoud, 27

Abdelhamid Abaaoud, the 27-year-old described as the "ringleader" behind the attacks, was Belgian-born and of Moroccan descent. He left his home country by choice and traveled into the Syrian conflict zone to take up arms with Islamic State militants.

He was killed by French police during a raid on Wednesday in Paris' Saint-Denis neighborhood, and his death has left some unanswered questions. It is still unclear how and when Abaaoud entered France before his death. In a January interview in Islamic State group's English-language magazine Dabiq, he bragged that he was able to slip in and out of Europe undetected.
Hasna Aitboulahcen, 26

A female accomplice, Hasna Aitboulahcen, was Abaaoud's cousin. She was born in the Paris suburb of Clichy-la-Garenne, and doesn't appear to have spent time Syria or Iraq.
Salah Abdeslam, 26

26-year-old Salah Abdeslam is believed to have taken part in the Paris attack, and is still on the run from police. He was born in Brussels.
Ibrahim Abdeslam, 30

His Belgian-born brother, 30-year-old Ibrahim Abdeslam, detonated a suicide vest at cafe Comptoir Voltaire as part of the attacks.
Ismael Omar Mostefai, 29

Two of three men who laid siege to the Bataclan concert hall, and died during the attack, were identified as European citizens. Ismael Omar Mostefai, 29, was a Frenchman of Algerian origin, who police say detonated a suicide vest at the theater.
Samy Amimour, 28

Frenchman Samy Amimour, 28, also opened fire on concertgoers in the Bataclan. He has been previously charged in a terrorism investigation in 2012, but dropped off the radar and was the subject of an international arrest warrant. A third theater attacker remains unidentified by police.
Ahmad Dahmani, 26

Another Belgian man of Moroccan origin, Ahmad Dahmani, was arrested in Turkey on Saturday on suspected involvement with the Paris attacks.
Bilal Hadfi, 20

Bilal Hadfi, a French citizen who lived for some time in Brussels, has also been identified as one of the three bombers at the Stade de France.

interesting, several are from Belgium.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:03 pm

and the real tragedy, genuine refugees will be the victims:

"The reality for refugees

As winter bears down on Europe and temperatures drop, the refugee situation is becoming dire. Tens of thousands are still making their way across the continent. UNHCR says lack of resources at border crossings leave those refugees at risk.

UNHCR has warned that halting the flow of refugees across EU borders will worsen the humanitarian crisis.

"This is becoming increasingly untenable from every point of view – humanitarian, legal, and also safety related, not least in light of falling temperatures and the risks for children and others with specific needs," read a statement from UNHCR issued on Friday.

In the U.S., lawmakers are also pushing legislation to tighten screening requirements for Syrian refugees; some Republican presidential candidates want to halt their entry to the country entirely and some governors have penned open letters to the president saying their state will not resettle any Syrians.
But President Barack Obama has stayed true to his promise of accepting 10,000 Syrian refugees into the country next year. While he said that Americans are "right to be concerned" in the wake of the attacks, he asserted that the country must not surrender to fears "that lead us to abandon our values, to abandon how we live."

The resettlement process for Syrian refugees in the U.S. is already quite stringent and includes the collection of biometric data, extensive interviews and background checks."

there is no easy solution

how many Serians are left in the REd zone? can that bomb be dropped?

Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:38 pm

David wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
David wrote:

2. This has nothing to do with the refugee issue. Refugees from Syria (despite reports to the contrary in Paris that were later proved false) have had nothing to do with attacks like this in Europe.

Using these attacks to bash refugees is some pretty shameful scapegoating.

Really – nothing to do with the mass uncontrolled arrivals at all???

'Ahmad al-Mohammad'

The Paris prosecutor's office said fingerprints from the dead attacker matched those of a person who came to Europe with migrants via the Greek island of Leros. The man may have been posing as a Syrian refugee.

'M al-Mahmod'

He entered the Greek island of Leros on 3 October, travelling with Ahmad al-Mohammed.

Leros authorities say they simply do not have the resources to screen all the migrants effectively - or even check whether passports are genuine.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34832512

An Islamic State suicide bomber who killed 10 German tourists in the heart of Istanbul's historic district entered Turkey as a refugee from Syria and went undetected as he was not on any watch lists, Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said on Wednesday.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2016/01/14/istanbul-bomber-entered-turkey-refugee-syria

Ignoring the fact that the sheer numbers arriving is overwhelming and that proper checks are not being conducted and that Islamic extremists have indeed wandered on in with refugees (and who knows how many more there may be that we don’t know about!) is just naive and ignorant.

Oh and I am quite serious when I say they should bring the Armed Forces and weed out the extremists from the "no-go" zones - there should be no such thing as a "no-go" zone in any country for any reason!

Why don't you pop up and spend the weekend in Lakemba - and see and experience tolerance at its finest.

http://mashable.com/2015/11/23/paris-attackers-europeans-not-refugees/#J3N4fWV3fsqK

Mashable is your source. Wow.
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:43 pm

David why did you edit my post re cockroaches

If I called Abbott or Trump or even James Hird a cockroach no issues.

Typical Libtard behaviour
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:00 pm

Woods Of Ypres wrote:

your freedom of speech complaint is fair regarding the snipping,

but may i ask why you would refer to ALL refugees this way?

the most quoted percentage is 40 percent of genuine refugees fleeing the war in Syria, and the refugees fleeing famine in Africa dont deserve that either. did you see the sunday 60 min episode, the resettle Syrian refugee in Germany? he was grateful, integrated, and scornful of the refugees/false refugees doing the wrong thing.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:24 pm

Woods Of Ypres wrote:
David wrote:
http://mashable.com/2015/11/23/paris-attackers-europeans-not-refugees/#J3N4fWV3fsqK

Mashable is your source. Wow.

Sorry, I must have missed the Daily Mail take on the story. Won't happen again.

You think it's reasonable to refer to hundreds of thousands of Middle Eastern men, women and children as 'cockroaches'? You can argue your right to post repulsive stuff all you like (though it's a losing battle; blatant racism and xenophobia aren't permitted here, sorry), but I thought you might at least have had second thoughts about that post by now.

npalm 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:26 pm

Like everyone else I don't know what the answer to violent islamic terrorism is but I'm pretty sure I know what the answer isn't.

Ostracising and condemning all muslims for the actions of the few and simplifying the issue to one of "us" versus "them" will only make it worse.
Responding to hate with hate will only escalate the problem.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:27 pm

Interesting comparison.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:31 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Jezza wrote:
It's incredibly sad hearing this news.

It cannot be a coincidence that the arrest of the 'mastermind' behind the Paris Attacks that happened in November last year occurred only a few days before and now this has happened.

Revenge Attack?

It's a possibility but considering the methodical nature of these attacks I suspect it may have already been planned prior to the arrests but the arrests last week just prompted the perpetrators to commit these acts now rather than at a later date.

It's all a big guess, but there's a possibility that the perpetrators committed the attacks now because they feared being implicated or being found out now rather than at a later date especially in light of the arrest last week which could have prompted the offender to reveal important information of this nature.

think positive wrote:
In all the threads we have had, i have steadfastly refused to "blame religion". its people that are evil, using their God as an excuse. and i certainly didnt blame Muslims here. ISIS is a terrorist organization looking for power, using islam as an excuse. thats my point of view. i really feel for the genuine peaceful Muslim community, because this kind of thing only stirs up shit against them. and its wrong.

I agree with a lot of your posts but I can't agree here entirely.

ISIS ultimately craves worldwide power but it's current ambition is to break the borders of the Middle East so the whole region can be governed under a one-government system consisting of the 'caliphate'.

However, it would be naive not to think there isn't Islamic undertones in their objectives and the message they preach albeit the propaganda they preach isn't supported by the majority of the Muslim community, however it's not 1% or less who endorse it or at least sympathise with them even if some want to depict it as being a minuscule problem in the Muslim community.

There's various possibilities as why attacks like this occur. It could be in response to perceived injustices from the foreign policy by foreign governments outside the Arab world toward the Middle East albeit the word 'perceived' is the key here and many actually fall into the trap of believing that some terror groups have a valid point when it comes to foreign policy even though much of their explanation is twisted in a way to suit their agenda.

Also it could be a way to divert attention away from the group in Syria and Iraq because if the latest news reports are to be interpreted correctly then ISIS is starting to lose it's grip in these areas especially since Assad has made significant gains with the support and assistance of the Russian government.

And lastly it may be as simple as instilling fear into the wider community and being used as a way to create tension between Islamic and non-Islamic communities. This is where I think we need to be careful but not suppress ourselves in being to able to discuss sensibly important topics like the refugee intake in Europe and the impact it is having on Europe (economically and socially), the impacts of Islam and terrorism if such a connection exists (strong or remote) and whether these attacks are seen to be a sign of a greater threat emerging in our nations.

Arab countries deal with this everyday so this isn't exclusively a problem for Europe or one part of the world but it certainly raises more questions than answers at the moment.

Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:13 pm

think positive wrote:
Woods Of Ypres wrote:

the most quoted percentage is 40 percent of genuine refugees fleeing the war in Syria, and the refugees fleeing famine in Africa dont deserve that either. did you see the sunday 60 min episode, the resettle Syrian refugee in Germany? he was grateful, integrated, and scornful of the refugees/false refugees doing the wrong thing.

It was wrong of me to make that comment, it was heat of the moment and I apologise for this. Of course some are probably genuine refugees, but to allow 1 Million people un-screened into your country is insane. A good percentage are angry young men.

Radical Islam is not compatible with the modern world.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:28 pm

Woods Of Ypres wrote:
think positive wrote:
Woods Of Ypres wrote:

It was wrong of me to make that comment, it was heat of the moment and I apologise for this. Of course some are probably genuine refugees, but to allow 1 Million people un-screened into your country is insane. A good percentage are angry young men.

Radical Islam is not compatible with the modern world.

Cheers I 100% agree

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:29 pm

Jezza wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Jezza wrote:
It's incredibly sad hearing this news.

It cannot be a coincidence that the arrest of the 'mastermind' behind the Paris Attacks that happened in November last year occurred only a few days before and now this has happened.

Revenge Attack?

It's a possibility but considering the methodical nature of these attacks I suspect it may have already been planned prior to the arrests but the arrests last week just prompted the perpetrators to commit these acts now rather than at a later date.

It's all a big guess, but there's a possibility that the perpetrators committed the attacks now because they feared being implicated or being found out now rather than at a later date especially in light of the arrest last week which could have prompted the offender to reveal important information of this nature.

think positive wrote:
In all the threads we have had, i have steadfastly refused to "blame religion". its people that are evil, using their God as an excuse. and i certainly didnt blame Muslims here. ISIS is a terrorist organization looking for power, using islam as an excuse. thats my point of view. i really feel for the genuine peaceful Muslim community, because this kind of thing only stirs up shit against them. and its wrong.

I agree with a lot of your posts but I can't agree here entirely.

ISIS ultimately craves worldwide power but it's current ambition is to break the borders of the Middle East so the whole region can be governed under a one-government system consisting of the 'caliphate'.

However, it would be naive not to think there isn't Islamic undertones in their objectives and the message they preach albeit the propaganda they preach isn't supported by the majority of the Muslim community, however it's not 1% or less who endorse it or at least sympathise with them even if some want to depict it as being a minuscule problem in the Muslim community.

There's various possibilities as why attacks like this occur. It could be in response to perceived injustices from the foreign policy by foreign governments outside the Arab world toward the Middle East albeit the word 'perceived' is the key here and many actually fall into the trap of believing that some terror groups have a valid point when it comes to foreign policy even though much of their explanation is twisted in a way to suit their agenda.

Also it could be a way to divert attention away from the group in Syria and Iraq because if the latest news reports are to be interpreted correctly then ISIS is starting to lose it's grip in these areas especially since Assad has made significant gains with the support and assistance of the Russian government.

And lastly it may be as simple as instilling fear into the wider community and being used as a way to create tension between Islamic and non-Islamic communities. This is where I think we need to be careful but not suppress ourselves in being to able to discuss sensibly important topics like the refugee intake in Europe and the impact it is having on Europe (economically and socially), the impacts of Islam and terrorism if such a connection exists (strong or remote) and whether these attacks are seen to be a sign of a greater threat emerging in our nations.

Arab countries deal with this everyday so this isn't exclusively a problem for Europe or one part of the world but it certainly raises more questions than answers at the moment.

Cheers Jezza, well thought out and written Wink

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:25 pm

David wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
David wrote:

2. This has nothing to do with the refugee issue. Refugees from Syria (despite reports to the contrary in Paris that were later proved false) have had nothing to do with attacks like this in Europe.

Using these attacks to bash refugees is some pretty shameful scapegoating.

Really – nothing to do with the mass uncontrolled arrivals at all???

'Ahmad al-Mohammad'

The Paris prosecutor's office said fingerprints from the dead attacker matched those of a person who came to Europe with migrants via the Greek island of Leros. The man may have been posing as a Syrian refugee.

'M al-Mahmod'

He entered the Greek island of Leros on 3 October, travelling with Ahmad al-Mohammed.

Leros authorities say they simply do not have the resources to screen all the migrants effectively - or even check whether passports are genuine.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34832512

An Islamic State suicide bomber who killed 10 German tourists in the heart of Istanbul's historic district entered Turkey as a refugee from Syria and went undetected as he was not on any watch lists, Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said on Wednesday.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2016/01/14/istanbul-bomber-entered-turkey-refugee-syria

Ignoring the fact that the sheer numbers arriving is overwhelming and that proper checks are not being conducted and that Islamic extremists have indeed wandered on in with refugees (and who knows how many more there may be that we don’t know about!) is just naive and ignorant.

Oh and I am quite serious when I say they should bring the Armed Forces and weed out the extremists from the "no-go" zones - there should be no such thing as a "no-go" zone in any country for any reason!

Why don't you pop up and spend the weekend in Lakemba - and see and experience tolerance at its finest.

Says exactly the same as the BBC article I linked to!!
Did you actually read it??

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:43 pm

Culprit wrote:
Well planned attack and this will change how people enter airports. Also expect security to be beefed up at sporting events.

Seal off our borders would be a good start. Australia would be one of the hardest Countries to get into and we should make it even harder.

Screening people going into airports wont work as it simply will mean crowds of people will be lined up outside and easy targets.

Unfortunately once a person with intent to harm has a suicide vest on little can be done to keep people safe.

Imagine how easy a target we all are as we make our way from the G and line up at the entrance to Richmond station or the bottle neck that is Docklands.

Carnage just waiting to happen.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:51 pm

Perhaps security could keep a bit more of a look out for men wearing coordinated single gloves on one hand, pushing trolleys in groups?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: