Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Brussels bombed by Islamic terrorists

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:19 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well planned attack and this will change how people enter airports. Also expect security to be beefed up at sporting events.

Seal off our borders would be a good start. Australia would be one of the hardest Countries to get into and we should make it even harder.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:51 am

They're already here Culprit. 100's of 1000's of them, haven't you seen them and all their temples of worship they've built?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:17 am

Absolutely. We're surrounded by churches. It's awful.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:29 am

So sad, so tragic, so senseless. When will man as a species wake up to the fact that greed is not good. Until everyone learns to get along, embrace each other's differences and beliefs, we are doomed. It's like watching the walking dead, yet everyone is still alive.

The whole world needs to come together to rid the planet of ISIS. Evil, just evil.

Where are they getting the materials for the bombs, where are they getting their weaponry? Who is helping them infiltrate? They all have blood on their hands.

You should be able to go to the airport, the subway, the movies, without fear of being blown up.

Whoever, whatever is hiding these bastards, helping them, they need to be exposed.

Everyone feels for the children on those boats, no matter the reason they are on them, children always have a legit reason. But the stream of displaced people pouring into these countries is the perfect cover. What they hell can anyone do to stop this carnage? This awful, awful situation.

RIP to the victims.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:48 am

Jezza wrote:
Wokko wrote:
Woods Of Ypres wrote:
can't believe Merkel let 1 Million <snip> into Germany.

Oh but she's just so brave and what a wonderful leader. Rolling Eyes

and suffering from a condition called Islamophobia! Rolling Eyes

"hardly surprising when stories like this, here in Australia, hit the news a day after Brussels gets bombed:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-23/schoolgirl-arrested-by-nsw-counter-terror-police-islamic-state/7268630A 16-year-old Sydney schoolgirl arrested by counter-terrorism police on Tuesday was allegedly under the spell of a notorious Islamic State (IS) terror cell and an Australian fighter, whose growing profile in Syria is causing concern among Australian authorities.

The Year 11 student, who cannot be named, is planning to apply for bail in Parramatta Children's Court today after she and a suspected member of the cell, 20-year-old Milad Atai, were charged with getting funds to, from or for Islamic State.

Police will allege the girl had been enlisted by Atai to facilitate a $5,000 Western Union transfer on Monday to his contact, Ahmed Merhi, an Australian IS fighter who has been courting the spotlight from the Syrian battleground in the past six months.

Merhi has been using social media to exhort Australian Muslims to attack nonbelievers and carry out suicide attacks, despite an IS directive to fighters to stop using social media in their own names or noms de guerre.

Counter-terrorism authorities say Merhi is trying to establish himself as a successor to Australian terror instigator and recruiter Neil Prakash, who was reportedly killed in Iraq in January after encouraging a string of foiled terror plots in Australia."

its bloody scary Jezza, and they are the ones doing it in the name of their God. noone is putting that in their mouths.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:13 am

swoop42 wrote:
I don't know.

When I see babies, little kids and families in boats desperately fleeing the Islamic world my heart goes out to them and I'd like to think I'd help if I was a citizen of Greece on that Island.

There guilty of no crime other than to be born in a country in turmoil and war something you or I are so fortunate not to have experienced.

Unfortunately there are no easy solutions, it's a difficult and complicated matter but do we really want to turn our backs on the majority who are fleeing who just want to live in peace and allow even more innocents to die at the hands of extremists or corrupt governments?

By far the greatest victims of Muslim extremists are fellow Muslims but let's not pretend the west has it's hands cleaner either when it comes to the killing of innocents like we saw today in Brussels.

We do it by dropping bombs at 30,000ft or using drones piloted across the other side of the world and this technology has increasingly IMO allowed us to keep the devastation that occurs when they hit at arms length, keep our hands clean so to speak and make war and the consequences almost a virtual reality experience where only the baddies are killed and the good guys prevail.

The reality is all to often civilians are torn to pieces, children are burned alive.

Bravo for being one of the few voices of decency in this thread. Some of the posts in this thread have been disgusting.

This is appalling news – not just for the tragic loss of life, but also for the knowledge that this could happen anywhere (including here) and at any time. That's how terrorism works, and it's intolerable. Of course it makes us scared and angry. But can I remind people of a few things?

1. The common denominator in these attacks has not been 'Islam'; it has been a minority (like, seriously less than 0.1%) religious/political organisation consisting primarily of radical Sunnis. Their targets are Muslims and non-Muslims alike (and, as Swoop points out, by far the most victims of their attacks have been Muslims). To blame this on Muslims or Islam as a whole is like blaming organised crime on, say, males.

2. This has nothing to do with the refugee issue. Refugees from Syria (despite reports to the contrary in Paris that were later proved false) have had nothing to do with attacks like this in Europe. Using these attacks to bash refugees is some pretty shameful scapegoating.

3. As horrific as this is, stuff like this happens in the Middle East and elsewhere all the time, often at the hands of the US. I understand that it's a lot scarier and 'closer to home' when it happens to people like us, but that's no excuse for exercising double standards here. Before talking about closing the borders, martial law, curtailment of civil rights for Muslims, etc., keep in mind that there are people on the other side of the world who feel exactly the same about us. It's vital that we don't turn this into an us-against-them thing, because that only helps extremists on both sides.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:40 am

Always so quick to jump in and shame everyone, or seen to be taking the moral high ground. Every bloody thread about a terror attack, refugees etc.

Who mentioned martial law or curtailment of civil rights for Muslims? No one is bashing refugees, but it's pretty obvious it would be very easy for terrorists to sneak into a country using the same route as the refugees. Germany is almost on its knees due to the influx, should a country have to allow that to happen? This us against them is all in your head. It's about trying to find away to help those in need, fleeing war and famine, whilst still protecting everyone from the evil elements. Whether it's ISIS, rapists, murders whatever. Protecting everyone, including the refugees.

terrorists, homegrown or imported, are all making it harder, more scary, to allow strangers into your village. That's a pretty normal human reaction.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:42 am

swoop42 wrote:
I don't know.

When I see babies, little kids and families in boats desperately fleeing the Islamic world my heart goes out to them and I'd like to think I'd help if I was a citizen of Greece on that Island.

There guilty of no crime other than to be born in a country in turmoil and war something you or I are so fortunate not to have experienced.

Unfortunately there are no easy solutions, it's a difficult and complicated matter but do we really want to turn our backs on the majority who are fleeing who just want to live in peace and allow even more innocents to die at the hands of extremists or corrupt governments?

By far the greatest victims of Muslim extremists are fellow Muslims but let's not pretend the west has it's hands cleaner either when it comes to the killing of innocents like we saw today in Brussels.

We do it by dropping bombs at 30,000ft or using drones piloted across the other side of the world and this technology has increasingly IMO allowed us to keep the devastation that occurs when they hit at arms length, keep our hands clean so to speak and make war and the consequences almost a virtual reality experience where only the baddies are killed and the good guys prevail.

The reality is all to often civilians are torn to pieces, children are burned alive.

This is a great post, a shot of calm in the storm. Let's not let it get spoilt by using it in a way not Intended.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:44 am

What about after its done?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:51 am

HAL wrote:
What about after its done?

A swear your more human than a lot of posters on nicks!

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:52 am

A little more.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:41 am

think positive wrote:
Always so quick to jump in and shame everyone, or seen to be taking the moral high ground. Every bloody thread about a terror attack, refugees etc.

Who mentioned martial law or curtailment of civil rights for Muslims? No one is bashing refugees, but it's pretty obvious it would be very easy for terrorists to sneak into a country using the same route as the refugees. Germany is almost on its knees due to the influx, should a country have to allow that to happen? This us against them is all in your head. It's about trying to find away to help those in need, fleeing war and famine, whilst still protecting everyone from the evil elements. Whether it's ISIS, rapists, murders whatever. Protecting everyone, including the refugees.

terrorists, homegrown or imported, are all making it harder, more scary, to allow strangers into your village. That's a pretty normal human reaction.

I take it you missed the post referring to refugees as 'cockroaches', which three other posters quoted approvingly? (Yes, it was snipped, but not before you'd posted, so I presume you saw it). Or the post suggesting to "bring in the armed forces" – presumably, into Muslim communities, searching for extremists – "and weed them out"? Or the poster just above suggesting that it's too late to exercise border control because the Muslims are "already here"? And yet you think that my post was the one worth attacking.

At some point, silence becomes complicity. If you're not going to call out that stuff, but instead have a go at people who do, then you're doing your bit to ensure that such barbarity becomes part of mainstream discourse.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:06 pm

David wrote:

2. This has nothing to do with the refugee issue. Refugees from Syria (despite reports to the contrary in Paris that were later proved false) have had nothing to do with attacks like this in Europe.

Using these attacks to bash refugees is some pretty shameful scapegoating.

Really – nothing to do with the mass uncontrolled arrivals at all???

'Ahmad al-Mohammad'

The Paris prosecutor's office said fingerprints from the dead attacker matched those of a person who came to Europe with migrants via the Greek island of Leros. The man may have been posing as a Syrian refugee.

'M al-Mahmod'

He entered the Greek island of Leros on 3 October, travelling with Ahmad al-Mohammed.

Leros authorities say they simply do not have the resources to screen all the migrants effectively - or even check whether passports are genuine.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34832512

An Islamic State suicide bomber who killed 10 German tourists in the heart of Istanbul's historic district entered Turkey as a refugee from Syria and went undetected as he was not on any watch lists, Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said on Wednesday.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2016/01/14/istanbul-bomber-entered-turkey-refugee-syria

Ignoring the fact that the sheer numbers arriving is overwhelming and that proper checks are not being conducted and that Islamic extremists have indeed wandered on in with refugees (and who knows how many more there may be that we don’t know about!) is just naive and ignorant.

Oh and I am quite serious when I say they should bring the Armed Forces and weed out the extremists from the "no-go" zones - there should be no such thing as a "no-go" zone in any country for any reason!

Why don't you pop up and spend the weekend in Lakemba - and see and experience tolerance at its finest.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:13 pm

David wrote:
think positive wrote:

I take it you missed the post referring to refugees as 'cockroaches', which three other posters quoted approvingly? (Yes, it was snipped, but not before you'd posted, so I presume you saw it). Or the post suggesting to "bring in the armed forces" – presumably, into Muslim communities, searching for extremists – "and weed them out"? Or the poster just above suggesting that it's too late to exercise border control because the Muslims are "already here"? And yet you think that my post was the one worth attacking.

At some point, silence becomes complicity. If you're not going to call out that stuff, but instead have a go at people who do, then you're doing your bit to ensure that such barbarity becomes part of mainstream discourse.

actually you presume wrong, i saw "<snip>", i didnt know it was cockroaches, so your mistaken it was done before i posted.

"bring in the armed forces to weed the terrorists out i agree with", why do YOU "presume into Muslim communities"? i didnt presume that. i thought he meant society in general. Terrorists are too smart to hide the first place people would think to look, they hide in plain sight.

as for calling you out, i did so because i read claims in your post that i didnt see made in the other posts (see my highlighted bit above please) had you already edited them, making my post baseless? i guess its hard to have a discussion on a forum board when one of the posters can not just edit their own posts, but other peoples too.

the last point, re Skids remark, i dont think the post he was quoting actually meant what skids took it as, so yeah, i agree with you there. however, i also agree there is probably too many potential terrorists already hiding in plain sight in Australia.

as for being silent, read my first post in the thread, is there something there your not happy with?

in all the threads we have had, i have steadfastly refused to "blame religion". its people that are evil, using their God as an excuse. and i certainly didnt blame Muslims here. ISIS is a terrorist organization looking for power, using islam as an excuse. thats my point of view. i really feel for the genuine peaceful Muslim community, because this kind of thing only stirs up shit against them. and its wrong.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:23 pm

Morrigu wrote:
David wrote:

2. This has nothing to do with the refugee issue. Refugees from Syria (despite reports to the contrary in Paris that were later proved false) have had nothing to do with attacks like this in Europe.

Using these attacks to bash refugees is some pretty shameful scapegoating.

Really – nothing to do with the mass uncontrolled arrivals at all???

'Ahmad al-Mohammad'

The Paris prosecutor's office said fingerprints from the dead attacker matched those of a person who came to Europe with migrants via the Greek island of Leros. The man may have been posing as a Syrian refugee.

'M al-Mahmod'

He entered the Greek island of Leros on 3 October, travelling with Ahmad al-Mohammed.

Leros authorities say they simply do not have the resources to screen all the migrants effectively - or even check whether passports are genuine.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34832512

An Islamic State suicide bomber who killed 10 German tourists in the heart of Istanbul's historic district entered Turkey as a refugee from Syria and went undetected as he was not on any watch lists, Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said on Wednesday.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2016/01/14/istanbul-bomber-entered-turkey-refugee-syria

Ignoring the fact that the sheer numbers arriving is overwhelming and that proper checks are not being conducted and that Islamic extremists have indeed wandered on in with refugees (and who knows how many more there may be that we don’t know about!) is just naive and ignorant.

Oh and I am quite serious when I say they should bring the Armed Forces and weed out the extremists from the "no-go" zones - there should be no such thing as a "no-go" zone in any country for any reason!

Why don't you pop up and spend the weekend in Lakemba - and see and experience tolerance at its finest.

http://mashable.com/2015/11/23/paris-attackers-europeans-not-refugees/#J3N4fWV3fsqK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: