Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Time capsule: where will Collingwood finish in 2016

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

warburton lad wrote:
The giant is stirring.
Can make a case for anywhere between 1st and 10th.

All depends on Reid.
This year will be very similar to 2010; some familiar faces will be superseded by precocious young talent.

With a fit Reid, Goldsack , Greenwood and Cloke, emerging Moore , De Goey and the brilliance of Treloar we will be heaps better than 2015.

If Buckley shores up the leaky defence and works out a kick-out strategy that works, we can go deep into September.

My prediction is 3rd.

Oh and I reckon we'll finish 5th.

Who are the familiar faces you think will be superseded by precocious young talent? You mentioned Goldsack and I reckon he's definately one in that category. I'd say Toovey as well.

Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:37 am

Well back from a long off season sleep.

Evening all.

We will finish 4th or better.

Go pies.

E 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:57 am

Rexy17 wrote:
Anywhere between 3 and 13, as wont be much between a lot of sides.
As we aint good on smashing sides when we should and as an result struggle to get decent percentage, I will go with 6th.

is this the right time in the season to have the "Percentage doesn't matter" debate!

ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:39 am

Fourth behind the two WA sides and a draw gifted Geelong.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:15 am

16 or 17 wins to get top four. in an expected tighter competition where are the wins going to come from?
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:46 am

Flag!
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:02 am

The problem:
A very even competition; I reckon the most even looking in memory.
12 teams looking likely.
Lock in Hawthorn, West Coast, Freo, North, Dogs, Richmond
Two spots left: Port, Geelong, Sydney, Collingwood, GWS, GC
For us to sneak in, some teams will need to drop out.

If, as I predict, Port and Geelong are certainties then two teams tumble out. I have them as Adelaide and Sydney, but there's always a surprise tumble and a bolter. Maybe we could be the bolter.

We have a good looking midfield and what will be a better forward line, but the backline is the issue for me. Reid makes the difference. Reid plays plenty of games and we make the eight, probably in 7th or 8th spot. No Reid and we struggle.

I've been leaning to 9 all pre season. After watching the Doggies game I'm sticking with that. Ninth.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:24 am

first if we can eliminate the kick out turnover (pipe dream)

realistically a disappointing 8th

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:10 am

6th and we progress to the 2nd week.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:41 am

I will be conservative and say 7th I hope its a lot higher!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:19 pm

7 to 12
Having N.Brown and M.Williams kick out from full back proved to me that we still have no real plan moving the ball from defense after a behind. Defense is a BIG concern. If we don't win the ball out of the centre we struggles big time. The Geelong and Dogs games pre season showed how dangerous we are when we get the pill inside F50 quickly from the centre square. Bothe 3rd quarter comebacks were a result of finally winning centre clearances. If Reid and Elliott somehow play more than 12 games each, we could make top 6.

derkd 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:55 pm

Not ruling a top four finish out. Anything is possible, and as I write this post as the current ladder sits, even Carlton are equal top of the ladder! Laughing .

My concern with building expectation of a top four finish is thus....to make top four you can only afford three to four loses in a season. This will mean winning all the games we are expected to (something in recent seasons we have been unable to do)> While also picking up wins against sides ahead of us... Think Hawthorn, Fremantle, West Coast, Geelong, Richmond et.al.

Are we a much better team then last year? .....Pre-season form says yes..... but pre-season form is just that. Lets not forget that Carlton beat us in the pre-season last year and we knocked over Hawthorn. Those two sides were last and first respectively by seasons end.

Having said that, i think we will be a better side this year then last.

Prediction: 7th[b]

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:39 pm

There's only three sides with better midfields than ours and that's Fremantle, WC and Port, so that translates to fourth position on the ladder.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:39 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
The problem:
12 teams looking likely.

If, as I predict, Port and Geelong are certainties then two teams tumble out. I have them as Adelaide and Sydney, but there's always a surprise tumble and a bolter. Maybe we could be the bolter.

We have a good looking midfield and what will be a better forward line, but the backline is the issue for me. Reid makes the difference. Reid plays plenty of games and we make the eight, probably in 7th or 8th spot. No Reid and we struggle.

I've been leaning to 9 all pre season. After watching the Doggies game I'm sticking with that. Ninth.

Hi Neil, I think your "locks" for the top 8 are highly debatable. For example North, Dogs and Tigers. Anything could happen for those three and in my opinion we are as good a chance to make the 8 as either of those three.

I would be throwing in Sydney as a lock (although I am sick of those pricks); Kennedy, Hannebery, Parker are tough as nails and with Buddy and Tippet up front hard to stop.

My locks for argument sake would be:
Hawthorn, Sydney and Freo. Who else is sick of that? And West Coast.
Aside from Carlton, the Bombers and Saints, I reckon the rest is quite interchangeable.

On issues regarding the backline, yes it could be better, and will get better. But how many times last year did we really get a touch up at that end? A couple of games, often under a huge weight of opposition supply into our defensive zone through a leaky midfield at times and the same year on year problem of zoning and the opposition transitioning from defending a F50 entry to our defensive 50 with ease. I am expecting a tighter attacking 50 and midfield this year, reducing opposition entries resulting in a few more wins in the close ones. Add Reid in for hopefully a few games and things look even better.

My two cents.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:59 pm

didick wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
The problem:
12 teams looking likely.

Hi Neil, I think your "locks" for the top 8 are highly debatable. For example North, Dogs and Tigers. Anything could happen for those three and in my opinion we are as good a chance to make the 8 as either of those three.

I would be throwing in Sydney as a lock (although I am sick of those pricks); Kennedy, Hannebery, Parker are tough as nails and with Buddy and Tippet up front hard to stop.

My locks for argument sake would be:
Hawthorn, Sydney and Freo. Who else is sick of that? And West Coast.
Aside from Carlton, the Bombers and Saints, I reckon the rest is quite interchangeable.

On issues regarding the backline, yes it could be better, and will get better. But how many times last year did we really get a touch up at that end? A couple of games, often under a huge weight of opposition supply into our defensive zone through a leaky midfield at times and the same year on year problem of zoning and the opposition transitioning from defending a F50 entry to our defensive 50 with ease. I am expecting a tighter attacking 50 and midfield this year, reducing opposition entries resulting in a few more wins in the close ones. Add Reid in for hopefully a few games and things look even better.

My two cents.

Cheers. Two cents isn't a number.

I'm a numbers man & need a number; so does the time capsule.

See that bloke in Brunswick overnight? Now you know where I'm coming from.

The winners at the end of the year get a free Rudeboy burger or gold or chicken bullion to the value of a rudeboy burger.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8   

Jump to: