Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Time capsule: where will Collingwood finish in 2016

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ yeah that got mentioned last night on afl360. given that most posters have banned it they wouldn't have heard it.

we also have all the winners playing all the losers. could potentially have:

18 teams 1:1
9 teams 2:0
9 teams 0:2

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:57 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Just heard SEN point out that in (I believe) the last 5 seasons, only 1 of 25 (maybe 26) teams that was 0 wins and 2 losses after two games went on to make the finals. The team was Sydney in 2014 ( having just, of course, played in back to back Grand Finals).

So, for the sake of our entire 2016 season, we'd all best hope that Collingwood beats Richmond, or else we might be digging up the time capsule quite early in the piece.

I say Collingwood will finish between 6 and 10 so I will be right either way win or lose this week!! Razz

MJ23 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:16 pm

12th
Around 9 wins.

Looked at the game by game predictor.
Still very disheartened by watching them live Saturday night.
Might be largely that, could also be the loss of Swan for the season but I struggle to see a finals appearance this year.
Hopefully building to 2017

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:26 pm

Click
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:59 pm

magpieazza wrote:
We are going to have a good year because injuries have played their part in the past and this year the gods will say " We are going to lay off you this year, go your hardest ! "

With that in mind its 3rd spot and we go into the grand final from there and then ...... I'd rather leave it to the imagination.

Even if we have a few injuries, we have more depth now so look out 2016!

So then all of Swan, Elliott, Scharenberg, Langdon, Broomhead, Ramsay and others go get flucking injured!!

Nice call MJ23 but I reckon if the injuries didnt occur to at least Swan, Elliott and Ramsay then we would have been top 6 at least.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:48 pm

I predicted 12/13 wins under the provisio that we had 75% of our best 22 on the field each week. So we needed to field 16/17 of best 22 each week.
Given Swan Scharenberg and Elliott never played a game that's 3 of the 5 or 6 we couldn't afford to lose straight away.
Add to it games missed by Langdon Reid Moore Adams Williams Varcoe Ramsay and the form decline of Cloke Brown Caff Toovey and 9 wins was about all we could have expected.
In saying that we should have beat the Hawks and Dogs (once) so could have been 11 wins.
Our first half the season was a nightmare to use 35 players at round 5 was unbelievable considering the Crows used 29 the whole season and they played 2 more games.
Getting games into Smith Wills Phillips Aish Maynard DeGoey Moore will pay dividends long term hopefully starting next season.
We can look forward optimistically and hope our injury run is behind us and we recruit and trade well so we're set to fire some serious shots in 2017
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:55 pm

burnsy17 wrote:
4th - and we'll give the flag a serious tilt...

By mid season we'll be labelled as having the best midfield in the comp.

oh burnsy. always good to review things.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:48 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
I predicted 12/13 wins under the provisio that we had 75% of our best 22 on the field each week. So we needed to field 16/17 of best 22 each week.
Given Swan Scharenberg and Elliott never played a game that's 3 of the 5 or 6 we couldn't afford to lose straight away.
Add to it games missed by Langdon Reid Moore Adams Williams Varcoe Ramsay and the form decline of Cloke Brown Caff Toovey and 9 wins was about all we could have expected.
In saying that we should have beat the Hawks and Dogs (once) so could have been 11 wins.
Our first half the season was a nightmare to use 35 players at round 5 was unbelievable considering the Crows used 29 the whole season and they played 2 more games.
Getting games into Smith Wills Phillips Aish Maynard DeGoey Moore will pay dividends long term hopefully starting next season.
We can look forward optimistically and hope our injury run is behind us and we recruit and trade well so we're set to fire some serious shots in 2017

A realistic perspective in my opinion. Things certainly did not go out way this year with injuries and we paid the price. At the same time we finished off the years as well as could be expected and we have the potential to be more than competitive in 2017.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:53 pm

Well, I got it totally wrong. I didn't even factor in any injuries we might get, because I still believed we would easily make the finals.

I overestimated the list without underestimating the new additions in Treloar, Howe and Aish. I didn't even value the two mature aged recruits in Smith and Wills in my estimation of the list. They proved me wrong on that count in their contribution to the second half of the season.

My mistake was overestimating the value of some of the older premiership players in Toovey, Macaffer, Goldsack, Cloke and Brown to the side. They really proved me wrong in that regard. I also thought De Goey would really come on this year and Witts would finally come of age. They too were disappointing this year.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:00 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
4th.....and from there we will go on to win the flag!

Lock it in for 2017. Wink
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:14 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Obviously you guys learn nothing...
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:22 pm

Too many intangibles.

I am hopeful of a top eight finish, but a lot of guys on the list are either very inexperienced, coming off injuries, or both.

Realistically, a solid 11th..

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:31 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
7 to 12
Having N.Brown and M.Williams kick out from full back proved to me that we still have no real plan moving the ball from defense after a behind. Defense is a BIG concern. If we don't win the ball out of the centre we struggles big time. The Geelong and Dogs games pre season showed how dangerous we are when we get the pill inside F50 quickly from the centre square. Bothe 3rd quarter comebacks were a result of finally winning centre clearances. If Reid and Elliott somehow play more than 12 games each, we could make top 6.

I knows me footy.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:15 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
7 to 12
Having N.Brown and M.Williams kick out from full back proved to me that we still have no real plan moving the ball from defense after a behind. Defense is a BIG concern.

I knows me footy.

Considering those two knuckleheads single-handedly cost us the game against Hawthorn in the final round, it was therefore effectively like reading The Prophecies of Nostradamus. Sad

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:37 am

RudeBoy wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

again! always next year!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: