Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2016 List: Age and Games Played

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 4:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

mattys123 wrote:
John Wren wrote:
looking at the age profile, if we draw a line from nathan brown onward (those 27 or over), in four years time ben reid will be the eldest at 30 (body permitting too) and the bulk of the squad will be 24-26. this should stand us in good stead for a serious tilt at a flag or two in the next four years. we're also going to have a core group who will have played 50-100 games, particularly together.

So project 2017 isn't a go then?

I've always seen it as a worry that we will lose Brown, Reid and Cloke in the next few seasons, who replaces them? Keeffe, please, just no. He wasn't AFL standard before he got suspended.

I'm fine with targeting 2019 or 2020 as the start of our next premiership window, but just wish the club would stop talking about 2017 as when it opens, because it doesn't, that much is clear now.

I still think we can make finals this year, just need a few things to go our way.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 4:26 pm

...yeah, like injuries. Oh, wait...
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 4:28 pm

jackcass wrote:
mattys123 wrote:
John Wren wrote:
looking at the age profile, if we draw a line from nathan brown onward (those 27 or over), in four years time ben reid will be the eldest at 30 (body permitting too) and the bulk of the squad will be 24-26. this should stand us in good stead for a serious tilt at a flag or two in the next four years. we're also going to have a core group who will have played 50-100 games, particularly together.

I've always seen it as a worry that we will lose Brown, Reid and Cloke in the next few seasons, who replaces them? Keeffe, please, just no. He wasn't AFL standard before he got suspended.

I'm fine with targeting 2019 or 2020 as the start of our next premiership window, but just wish the club would stop talking about 2017 as when it opens, because it doesn't, that much is clear now.

I still think we can make finals this year, just need a few things to go our way.

Keep smoking that pipe Tiger...
John West 

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 4:52 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
jackcass wrote:
mattys123 wrote:
John Wren wrote:

I might be new to posting to this forum but what I have noticed over a long period of time is that you are incapable of constructively adding to any discussion. If you are not prepared to provide anything meaningful why don't you simply refrain from your childish retorts to those who do make an effort to analyse and understand what is happening? You appear to be nothing more than a nuisance and go quiet whenever you are challenged to provide anything of substance. If you do disagree with someone have the courtesy to provide a cogent counter argument instead of your glib one liners that are neither funny nor warranted.

"It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 4:54 pm

I said pre-season that we will end up somewhere between 6 - 12 and I have no reason to change my opinion after 6 rounds. So yes, I agree with Jackcass that making the finals is a distinct possibility. Time will tell.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 4:57 pm

John West wrote:
I might be new to posting to this forum but what I have noticed over a long period of time is that you are incapable of constructively adding to any discussion. If you are not prepared to provide anything meaningful why don't you simply refrain from your childish retorts to those who do make an effort to analyse and understand what is happening? You appear to be nothing more than a nuisance and go quiet whenever you are challenged to provide anything of substance. If you do disagree with someone have the courtesy to provide a cogent counter argument instead of your glib one liners that are neither funny nor warranted.

"It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt."

FWIW, this is the BEST newbie post I have ever read during my long time on Nick's. Such acute perception and assessment after a relatively short time period. Outstanding observation. Cool

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:00 pm

John West wrote:
jackcass wrote:
mattys123 wrote:
John Wren wrote:

Well said and very accurate

Also welcome to Nicks belatedly

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:18 pm

John West wrote:
jackcass wrote:
mattys123 wrote:
John Wren wrote:

No offense but honestly I just can't be bother most times then not to write something of more substance, most of these fools can't see the woods from the trees and it's your right to stand arm in arm with them... such is life and I won't stop you because I have absolutely nothing to prove to you, so this reply is merely a courtesy.

I stand by everything I have ever wrote here or on the age or any other forums. My comment was a direct reply to a lollipop sniper and I stand by that too.

And btw welcome to Nicks.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:26 pm

I stand by everything I have ever wrote here or on the age or any other forums.

However you refuse point blank to stand side by side......... Rolling Eyes THAT is what Collingwood supporters do. Standing over people is easy; standing side by side during tough times takes courage, fortitude and bravery Rolling Eyes

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:49 pm

Lazza wrote:
I said pre-season that we will end up somewhere between 6 - 12 and I have no reason to change my opinion after 6 rounds. So yes, I agree with Jackcass that making the finals is a distinct possibility. Time will tell.

So losing to St Skilda and Melbourne (convincingly so) in consecutive weeks, 2 crushing defeats interstate, an undeserved 1-point win vs Richmond and being out scored by Essendon in a half of football, not to mention season ending injuries to Swsn and Ramsay, plus ongoing injuries to key players, and the form of Cloke, is not reason enough to change your pre season prediction that we could finish as high as 6th???

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:50 pm

Lazza wrote:
I stand by everything I have ever wrote here or on the age or any other forums.

However you refuse point blank to stand side by side......... Rolling Eyes THAT is what Collingwood supporters do. Standing over people is easy; standing side by side during tough times takes courage, fortitude and bravery Rolling Eyes

Here we go again with the if you not with Buckley you against Collingwood line rolled out.
Side by side we stick together - why ?
To uphold the magpie's name.

Well right now the magpie's name is becoming an irrelevance as we continue to not be in contention for a crack at the flag.

AFL attendances are breaking new records whilst Collingwood membership numbers are declining and those turning up are falling off a cliff.

Those who disagree with the current administration, particularly with the coaching extensions, are in the majority of Collingwood supporters, and I don't see any lack of side-by-side amongst those who are seeking change.

Side by side was never meant to mean blind loyalty to a coach who has not improved the club's no.1 KPI for 4 years running, yet received an extension to remain for a sixth year.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:58 pm

Back on track with the oh so witty retorts
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 6:04 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Lazza wrote:

So losing to St Skilda and Melbourne (convincingly so) in consecutive weeks, 2 crushing defeats interstate, an undeserved 1-point win vs Richmond and being out scored by Essendon in a half of football, not to mention season ending injuries to Swsn and Ramsay, plus ongoing injuries to key players, and the form of Cloke, is not reason enough to change your pre season prediction that we could finish as high as 6th???

Form is such a fickle beast! Yes, we have started more slowly than many would have thought but who can say that the form of the team won't turn around or that other teams won't be equally afflicted as the season progresses. People predict a range of likely finishing order to account for these sort of variables. Still 16 games to be played, time will tell.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 6:07 pm

^ who predicted richmond winning 9 in a row in 2014? not even the most optimistic tigers supporters would have.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 6:10 pm

John Wren wrote:
^ who predicted richmond winning 9 in a row in 2014? not even the most optimistic tigers supporters would have.

Exactly!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: