Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sinkers is no stinker

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

He played well certainly, but I suspect he'll be competing with Marsh, Ramsay, Williams and Maynard for a defensive spot and they all have bigger, stronger bodies.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:13 pm

I'm just re-watching the game now and a couple of minutes in and Sinclair has had two kicks under not much pressure. The first hit Corey Enright on the chest in space and second was over Grundy's head. I'm calling potential BS on that disposal efficiency stat already. Nothing against Sinclair, I quite like him.
E 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:35 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
He played well certainly, but I suspect he'll be competing with Marsh, Ramsay, Williams and Maynard for a defensive spot and they all have bigger, stronger bodies.

Ahh, but he has something over them. Speed. And speed kills.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:39 pm

I like him more as a defensive fwd.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:43 pm

Sinclair if his body holds up is our go to player for the oppositions small fast forward. He has genuine pace.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:47 pm

A lot of people say that about him.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:04 pm

I guess this is his make or break year. Good luck to the kid. Hope he finally cements a spot.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:25 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
I'm just re-watching the game now and a couple of minutes in and Sinclair has had two kicks under not much pressure. The first hit Corey Enright on the chest in space and second was over Grundy's head. I'm calling potential BS on that disposal efficiency stat already. Nothing against Sinclair, I quite like him.

be interested in what your assessment is after re-watching the FULL game for the purpose of analysing Sinclair's game
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:58 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:

be interested in what your assessment is after re-watching the FULL game for the purpose of analysing Sinclair's game

I thought he had a fair bit of it and did okay watching first time through ... my comment was directed at the 94% DE (i think it was) which I struggle to believe when he missed targets with his first two kicks. He only had 17 disposals according to the article (as I recall). There's gilding the lily and then there's BS ...

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:05 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:

I thought he had a fair bit of it and did okay watching first time through ... my comment was directed at the 94% DE (i think it was) which I struggle to believe when he missed targets with his first two kicks. He only had 17 disposals according to the article (as I recall). There's gilding the lily and then there's BS ...

From memory he has been going at 75-80% DE so even if it's 15 of 17 (88%) then he's above his averages.

The kick that went over Grundy's head could still register as an effective disposal as I understand the way they calculate DE%, as long as it doesn't result an a turnover. It's why DE% isn't such a great measure.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:53 pm

jackcass wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:

From memory he has been going at 75-80% DE so even if it's 15 of 17 (88%) then he's above his averages.

The kick that went over Grundy's head could still register as an effective disposal as I understand the way they calculate DE%, as long as it doesn't result an a turnover. It's why DE% isn't such a great measure.

Some think it's worthy of it's very own press release … and worse, its own thread on Nicks.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:14 pm

CarringbushCigar wrote:
jackcass wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:

Some think it's worthy of it's very own press release … and worse, its own thread on Nicks.

It was mentioned in a story about how well he'd performed. Did nothing more than augment a fluff piece. Don't see what the issue is. Absolutely nothing wrong with the club acknowledging the performances of our young tyros, or with a poster ensuring that the masses are aware of the story. Issues seem to be all yours.
E 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:58 am

I think that in the case of Sinclair, he will play in our best 22 unless and until his body lets him down. that is the way for some players sadly.

to be a great AFL player you need to dedicate your entire life to being the best football player you can be. THEN you have to dedicate yourself to getting your body in the kind of shape that can withstand the rigors of footy AND THEN you have to cross your fingers and HOPE that your body is genetically of a kind that can withstand the rigors of AFL footy.

I'm pretty sure Sinclair has done an amazing job on the first and the second limb. sadly the third limb has let him down. Poor Kid.

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:32 am

RudeBoy wrote:

Yes true, Sinkers is quick and agile, and has developed a reasonable mark with good judgement since his stints in the foward line. He played some great games for us when not injured, it's exciting watchng him scream out of defence. And dissaponting seeing people taking the piss out of him for the occasional miss kick everyone produces. Hope he can control his power and keep those hammies intact.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:09 am

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
6 years passes quickly...
50 Games in 6 years. He beat Ben Kinnear by 4 years. Very Happy

Yes it does go quick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7   

Jump to: