Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is Elliott's back problem a concern?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:12 pm
Post subject: Is Elliott's back problem a concern?Reply with quote

We all know that 'Billy' Elliott is a prodigious talent, but last season he was off the boil for much of it, and some of this was attributed to some back problems. With him currently unavailable due to a back injury, I wonder if his days of taking screamers may be coming to a premature end? He's a very important player for us, so I hope he's on track to a full recovery, but I'm a little concerned that his back problems seem to be persisting. Does anyone have any information on his condition?
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes to the Q in the title and no to the other (except the little Balmey has said).

It would be a big loss if he had another injury affected season. He really didn't get near the output we hoped for last season.

Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:17 pm

Yes
The Weed 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:25 pm

Balmy said it was only minor which is obviously rubbish as they haven't been able to fix it in 6 months including a whole off and pre season. If they haven't fixed it by now it would be extremely fortuitous to have it fixed in a the next month ready for the start of the season. He is going to probably have to either sit out or play through it. Playing through the pain didn't work too well last year.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:28 pm

Currently our 2nd best forward so have to be worried. I'm sure they're doing everything possible to build strength around the problem area but ultimately may require surgery if they can't stabilize it. Keep everything crossed.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:29 pm

Hopefully he leaves the screamers for the big boys and concentrates on presenting front and centre
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:31 pm

The Weed wrote:
Balmy said it was only minor which is obviously rubbish as they haven't been able to fix it in 6 months including a whole off and pre season. If they haven't fixed it by now it would be extremely fortuitous to have it fixed in a the next month ready for the start of the season. He is going to probably have to either sit out or play through it. Playing through the pain didn't work too well last year.

He played with it last year and was still one of our most important players.
We just don't know how much work he has done, because one of his greatest assets is his endurance and speed.
He is our no.1 match winner and crucial to our top-4 chances.
Lets say our prayers he is ok.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:33 pm

Yep. He's even admitted that his back/hamstrings will be an ongoing issue that he will have to manage throughout his career. Very concerning. Another Collingwood gun that looks set to have an injury plagued career.
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:59 pm

Hey, hang on, Balmey said it was minor, so that means it's minor!

Or not minor.

Or debilitating.

Or he'll spend the rest of his life in a wheelchair.

Or something else.

Why does Balme continue with his farcical "injury reports"? They are as reliable as a Gypsy fortune teller. Less so in fact, at least the fortune teller is trying to get it right, Balmey's crap is directed at opposition coaches rather than us (Not that they're dumb enough to believe him). He won't even commit himself to weeks now, it's this bullshit "Short, Medium, and Long term stuff!" Why go to that much effort to tell us **** all? I don't trust the guy, he's a Geelong spy!!

Fortunately we have guys who can fill in for him, it may be one of the reasons we went after Howe. And Fas seems to be returning to the promise he showed in his first year, he was among the best in the intra-club.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:47 pm

Might be like Fyfe with his Back. Can play thru it but he need Pain Injections to play sometimes
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:00 am

Dave The Man wrote:
Might be like Fyfe with his Back. Can play thru it but he need Pain Injections to play sometimes

Bring in L Mathews as the doctor's right hand man.
He knew a thing or two about the needle.
I mean... he has a barrel of them at Brisbane!

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:08 am

Dave The Man wrote:

Let's hope Elliott can back up each week. Wink
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:39 am

35forever wrote:

Or not minor.

Or debilitating.

Or something else.

Why does Balme continue with his farcical "injury reports"? They are as reliable as a Gypsy fortune teller. Less so in fact, at least the fortune teller is trying to get it right, Balmey's crap is directed at opposition coaches rather than us (Not that they're dumb enough to believe him). He won't even commit himself to weeks now, it's this bullshit "Short, Medium, and Long term stuff!" Why go to that much effort to tell us **** all? I don't trust the guy, he's a Geelong spy!!

Fortunately we have guys who can fill in for him, it may be one of the reasons we went after Howe. And Fas seems to be returning to the promise he showed in his first year, he was among the best in the intra-club.

ease up on balmey mate. if you ever meet the man or his family you would solemnly regret all negative and poor judgement toward him.
as an employee to cfc he is doing what his organisation is asking from him other wise you'd be a fool.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:56 pm

simon tonna wrote:
35forever wrote:

Or not minor.

Or debilitating.

Or something else.

ease up on balmey mate. if you ever meet the man or his family you would solemnly regret all negative and poor judgement toward him.
as an employee to cfc he is doing what his organisation is asking from him other wise you'd be a fool.

Spot on.
feKKo 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:31 pm

Looks like it is a problem
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2016-02-24/news-update-elliott-sidelined
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: