Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Yay or nay - should Britain vote to leave the EU?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is much the same.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:55 pm

pietillidie wrote:
Wokko, I'm surprised you're still reading Breitbart after key staff left in protest at the company's refusal to support a Breitbart reporter physically accosted by Trump thugs. Then again, the Trump people didn't know she was from Breitbart, so that made their assault okay Rolling Eyes

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/03/14/former-breitbart-reporter-editor-accuse-site-complicity-with-trump-campaign-after-alleged-assault.html

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/mar/14/breitbart-reporter-editor-at-large-quit-alleged-assault-trump-event

Absolute load of horseshit, but well done on uncritically sucking up the horseshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGy527vECwc

Video is there, there is no assault. Her and Shapiro have also been strongly #NeverTrump and Breitbart editorials are mostly pro-trump, just like every newspaper editorial I've ever seen, they've endorsed a candidate but rather than just doing their jobs these people decided to make themselves the story and try to smear Trump on their way out the door.

That was her being violently thrown to the ground apparently.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:17 pm

^Mostly stirring you, actually, but why did the editor resign? And if she's crying wolf "again", why were they employing her to start with?

The editor who resigned called Breitbart "Trump's Pravda" I mean, if he thinks that. Trump has a habit of dealing with free speech this way. Doesn't that concern you as a Libertarian?

The alleged assault sparked internal strife at Breitbart, founded by the late Andrew Breitbart, prompting senior editor-at-large Joel Pollak to tell staff to stop tweeting, speculating and defending Fields.

That did not stop Shapiro following Fields out the door and issuing a statement heavily criticising management for turning the news site into “Trump’s personal Pravda”.

“Andrew [Breitbart’s] life mission has been betrayed,” said Shapiro. “Indeed, Breitbart News, under the chairmanship of Steve Bannon, has put a stake through the heart of Andrew’s legacy. In my opinion, Steve Bannon … has sold out Andrew’s mission in order to back another bully, Donald Trump; he has shaped the company into Trump’s personal Pravda, to the extent that he abandoned and undercut his own reporter, Breitbart News’ Michelle Fields, in order to protect Trump’s campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, who allegedly assaulted Michelle.”

Shapiro accused the company of “tepidly asking for an apology” and attempting to “abandon” Fields by ordering staff not to talk publicly about the issue.

Kurt Bardella, Breitbart’s spokesman, was the first staffer to leave in the wake of the alleged rough handling of Fields.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/mar/14/breitbart-reporter-editor-at-large-quit-alleged-assault-trump-event

Last edited by pietillidie on Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:32 pm

pietillidie wrote:
^Mostly stirring you, actually, but why did the editor resign? And if she's crying wolf "again", why were they employing her to start with?

I believe Shapiro is aiming for greener pastures (Fox), as for Fields I have no idea on the recruiting for Breitbart, I guess you could email them if you want to know. Apparently (and I'd need to look into this further) Fields has a history of making herself the story.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:35 pm

She has some light bruises, get her to hospital right away. Rolling Eyes Did you see the video of her 'assault', at worst it was a forceful removal of her from Trump's personal space, there are probably hundreds of reporters this happens to every day (not just Trump, I mean everywhere). The whole thing was a hit piece from the start. I followed this pretty closely because I used to really like Shapiro, but he's gone off the deep end a bit lately.

Anyway, not really the thread for it.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:07 pm

^Yeah, I only noticed the coverage because of you, actually!

On the referendum again.

Cameron's fault for not pushing back long ago. The reality:

The FT wrote:
Earlier on Sunday, Mr Cameron made a last-ditch appeal to wavering Tories to support his campaign for Britain to stay in the EU, warning that an exit would badly hit British business. He warned Britain not to take “a step into the dark.”

Speaking on the BBC’s Andrew Marr programme, Mr Cameron said: “If Britain were to leave the EU that might give you a feeling of sovereignty but you have got to ask yourself: is it real?”

“Would you have the power to help businesses and make sure they weren’t discriminated against in Europe? No you wouldn’t. Would you have the power to insist that European countries share with us their border information so we know what terrorists and criminals are doing in Europe? No you wouldn’t.

“If suddenly a ban was put on for some bogus health reasons on one of our industries, would you be able to insist that that ban was unpicked? No you wouldn’t.
“You have an illusion of sovereignty but you don’t have power, you don’t have control, you can’t get things done.”

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/8023547e-d89c-11e5-98fd-06d75973fe09.html

It's fantasy stuff to think that Great Britain has the heft to wander about like it's the nineteenth century. GB has cultural renown based on it having been the cultural centre of the Empire for so long, but it is now a dwarfed economy and population. It takes some level of denial, and dunce, to confuse cultural esteem and actual world power.

This whole affair is just a play thing for the greedy pricks who want to do things like sell arms to tyrants without oversight, or who want to drive down British wages and grow uglier, shabbier cities without critique, or win the racist hysteria vote by doing an Abbott. Oh, and an opportunity for serial narcissist weirdo Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson to feel all important.

However, the last time GB ignored the EU and went it alone with the US *it lost two wars*. Apparently, that was seen by some as a marvellous victory for freedom and democracy.

There's no worse ego than a stupid ego, that's for sure.

Last edited by pietillidie on Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:14 pm

That is not a bruise! Not in my world anyway! Wimp!
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:16 pm

^Hmm, okay. I'm not getting into that issue. I was only stirring Wokko because he's a Breitbart man. My mistake for getting into it!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:21 pm

pietillidie wrote:
^Hmm, okay. I'm not getting into that issue. I was only stirring Wokko because he's a Breitbart man. My mistake for getting into it!

Hehe I was shit stirring! You don't remember any of my epic bruises?

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:22 pm

Personally, and as far as chain marks go as the ancestor of an English convict transported to Australia, **** the poms. I'll hang shit on the poor saps who live on that cold, wet little rock whenever the opportunity strikes.

They can sit back and claim some form of credit for past history and what they did way back when but shit, Greece did a lot more and look at the fkn mess they're in now.

Live in the present.

Cool

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:34 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Personally, and as far as chain marks go as the ancestor of an English convict transported to Australia, **** the poms. I'll hang shit on the poor saps who live on that cold, wet little rock whenever the opportunity strikes.

They can sit back and claim some form of credit for past history and what they did way back when but shit, Greece did a lot more and look at the fkn mess they're in now.

Live in the present.

Cool

Trit trot this trolls getting off the bridge! I wasn't really offended, just in an argumentative mood!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:31 pm

^

You're not a fkn pom anyway, you're Aussie.

You're only English because of your old man and an accident of birth and you're old man isn't what you want to be like, so give it up and embrace your Aussieness. Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:45 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

You're not a fkn pom anyway, you're Aussie.

You're only English because of your old man and an accident of birth and you're old man isn't what you want to be like, so give it up and embrace your Aussieness. Wink

Hahahahah clever Ł$%$er!

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:41 pm

^ or come to the dark side Jo - you know you want to and we will welcome you Wink

My old man was a Pom and he was no good either!!

This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever.
Sigmund Freud (about the Irish) Laughing Laughing Laughing

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:25 am

Morrigu wrote:
^ or come to the dark side Jo - you know you want to and we will welcome you Wink

My old man was a Pom and he was no good either!!

This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever.
Sigmund Freud (about the Irish) Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hahaha! I'm looking into it! My visa is good for another year or two, I'll probably switch then! But I'll have to up my political knowledge, I want 100% on the test!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 4 of 17   

Jump to: