Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Yay or nay - should Britain vote to leave the EU?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
think positive wrote:
David wrote:
Who's bashing white people? The only people I see being laughed at are the British. Razz

And just where do your $£$%^%%$ chain marks originate from, unless your gunna tell me you have aboriginal heritage

Er... Club X? Shocked

sooo its ok to laugh at the british but aborigines, blacks, muslims, gays, are off limits, ok good to know

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:02 pm

sorry forgot eternal uni students
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:20 pm

^You're thinking way too concretely about this. There's only really one taboo: Belting up the vulnerable. That might be some poor black or white sod in whatever circumstance. It might be someone with an illness. It might be some known vulnerable or at-risk group.

It's not always easy to tell at the individual level who is vulnerable, going through a hard time, or whatever. But one thing we do know is it's not the sulking, whining former British Empire as an entity Rolling Eyes That's precisely why we can stir the heck out of 'em, and even more so when many of us are half poms.

Or, are you saying the Empire has fallen so low, it's like booting a wino who has slept the night in the gutter?

No one is picking on the drug addicts of Reading town after dark, Muslim kids being given a hard time at schools across Britain, single mothers facing even more service cuts, a vulnerable expat minority somewhere (unless you do happen to identify therewith?), or even some toff mourning a lost loved one. The disadvantage in those cases has nothing to do with being "British". There is no disadvantage to being British, though in humour we will beg to differ.

It's not that hard, TP.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:33 pm

pietillidie wrote:
^You're thinking way too concretely about this. There's only really one taboo: Belting up the vulnerable. That might be some poor black or white sod in whatever circumstance. It might be someone with an illness. It might be some known vulnerable or at-risk group.

It's not always easy to tell at the individual level who is vulnerable, going through a hard time, or whatever. But one thing we do know is it's not the sulking, whining former British Empire as an entity Rolling Eyes That's precisely why we can stir the heck out of 'em, and even more so when many of us are half poms.

Or, are you saying the Empire has fallen so low, it's like booting a wino who has slept the night in the gutter?

No one is picking on the drug addicts of Reading town after dark, Muslim kids being given a hard time at schools across Britain, single mothers facing even more service cuts, a vulnerable expat minority somewhere (unless you do happen to identify therewith?), or even some toff mourning a lost loved one. The disadvantage in those cases has nothing to do with being "British". There is no disadvantage to being British, though in humour we will beg to differ.

It's not that hard, TP.

true, your a racist

and with all the bashing you are doing, what are you doing to fix things? anything? or you just get to sit back and pick shit

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:03 pm

^Nice try, but no, we don't have to nurse the Old Empire's hurt feelings.

I'm doing a shite load more than you in your remote sulking, let me tell you.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:09 pm

pietillidie wrote:
^Nice try, but no, we don't have to nurse the Old Empire's hurt feelings.

I'm doing a shite load more than you in your remote sulking, let me tell you.

if anyone dares to say something negative about muslims your the first to scream racist

and just what exactly are you doing?

im not claiming to do anything in this field, its not my interest, me, im just flicking back and forth to stop paperwork boring me stupid. but you crap on and on, just have a look at your 3 in a row 10 foot posts, i dont get why anyone researches all that shit just to bitch about it.

oh and sticking a shite in here and there doesnt make you irish

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:57 pm

^WTF has Ireland got to do with a discussion of British identity? You're all over the shop.

Anyway, you seem to have some stress to dump on somebody. I'm fine with that.

When it comes to people within my sphere making stupid decisions which damage others, from the Iraq War, to economic lies, to the electing of incompetents like Bush and Abbott (and possibly Drumpf), to childish Brexit tantrums which destabilise the world, to the unacceptable neglect of the suburbs of Dublin, I take it freaking seriously.

Life's not all about geeing ourselves up, and pretending all is perfect, though some of that is needed, for sure. The downsides of denial were driven home in Korea: People often fear saying the obvious, upsetting the apple cart and being blamed for "disloyalty" or "being too negative".

For instance, the dangerous driving in Korea is an effing disgrace, especially in small streets lined with pedestrians. There is just nothing to defend about the matter, yet it was tolerated for some bizarre reason, and put in the too-hard-to-fix basket.

But, as someone who grew up with world-leading TAC campaigns, I knew otherwise. I didn't just think otherwise, I knew otherwise. And I know fully Koreans would respond to serious campaigns, but no one would take the issue on. Confront this menace, stop denying the obvious, and everyone will be better off. I didn't need national bloody permission to say the obvious.

The dog shite, rubbish system and lack of street cleaning in Dublin is a similar problem. Neglect corrodes a city's reputation, damaging one of its biggest income streams, tourism. And, surely it also demoralises the population.

Well, let's get the bloody thing fixed. You can't change the weather here, but you don't have to walk on city streets covered in gum and dog poo.

The UK's issues are a different matter. The bitterness of historical wealth and power disparity runs deep, with the elites, war loons and bad corporate citizens using the anger of poverty and inequality to incite imperialism and racism, manipulating the public against their own interest.

There's nothing new in that, of course, but now the world is so small and foreign populations so big, making up for a decline in imperial ego with racism and chest beating is a really bad idea. Moreover, it is causing people to lose their marbles and vote against their own interests, damaging the country. This is exactly the method Abbott used, and Drumpf is trying to use.

Now, you might not give a toss about those things, but as a human, and someone who takes on the places I live with a passion, I do.

So yes, the sulking over the decline of the Empire in both the UK and the US is pitiful. And its replacement with denial, chest beating and bigotry is even worse; effing pathetic, to be precise.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:03 pm

pietillidie wrote:
^WTF has Ireland got to do with a discussion of British identity? You're all over the shop.

Anyway, you seem to have some stress to dump on somebody. I'm fine with that.

When it comes to people within my sphere making stupid decisions which damage others, from the Iraq War, to economic lies, to the electing of incompetents like Bush and Abbott (and possibly Drumpf), to childish Brexit tantrums which destabilise the world, to the unacceptable neglect of the suburbs of Dublin, I take it freaking seriously.

Life's not all about geeing ourselves up, and pretending all is perfect, though some of that is needed, for sure. The downsides of denial were driven home in Korea: People often fear saying the obvious, upsetting the apple cart and being blamed for "disloyalty" or "being too negative".

For instance, the dangerous driving in Korea is an effing disgrace, especially in small streets lined with pedestrians. There is just nothing to defend about the matter, yet it was tolerated for some bizarre reason, and put in the too-hard-to-fix basket.

But, as someone who grew up with world-leading TAC campaigns, I knew otherwise. I didn't just think otherwise, I knew otherwise. And I know fully Koreans would respond to serious campaigns, but no one would take the issue on. Confront this menace, stop denying the obvious, and everyone will be better off. I didn't need national bloody permission to say the obvious.

The dog shite, rubbish system and lack of street cleaning in Dublin is a similar problem. Neglect corrodes a city's reputation, damaging one of its biggest income streams, tourism. And, surely it also demoralises the population.

Well, let's get the bloody thing fixed. You can't change the weather here, but you don't have to walk on city streets covered in gum and dog poo.

The UK's issues are a different matter. The bitterness of historical wealth and power disparity runs deep, with the elites, war loons and bad corporate citizens using the anger of poverty and inequality to incite imperialism and racism, manipulating the public against their own interest.

There's nothing new in that, of course, but now the world is so small and foreign populations so big, making up for a decline in imperial ego with racism and chest beating is a really bad idea. Moreover, it is causing people to lose their marbles and vote against their own interests, damaging the country. This is exactly the method Abbott used, and Drumpf is trying to use.

Now, you might not give a toss about those things, but as a human, and someone who takes on the places I live with a passion, I do.

So yes, the sulking over the decline of the Empire in both the UK and the US is pitiful. And its replacement with denial, chest beating and bigotry is even worse; effing pathetic, to be precise.

so still bitching? picked up the poo bag yet?

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:00 pm

Still sulking? Still pinning your self worth on the unimpeded dominion of Anglo-America are you?

I've only cleaned up the spilled and dumped rubbish on this property, and reported other dumped rubbish.

But no, I haven't picked up the poo of other people's dogs yet, though I am trying to bring it to people's attention and make it a local issue. Do you think I should get out there with a shovel, rather than help urge the council do its job and deal with the problem?

Do you even know anything about the city you live in, or do you walk around all day with motivational chants playing in your ears to keep reality from disrupting your ecstatic state?

Actually, you sound as fearful of reality as Boris "toff disguised as weirdo" Johnson, who thinks that having productive, prosperous relationships within the EU is a state-of-affairs so fatal, that its acceptance is akin to a national defeat. The bloke really does imagine that he's Winston Churchill. So much so that even needs to invent a German enemy to keep the fantasy alive!

Yep, Boris, "strike out for freedom", you great leader of an oppressed and weary people held back from greatness by the EU. Yep, you're not being held back by your own lords, toffs, nobles and backward racists, but by the rest of the world. It's all their fault Rolling Eyes

Last edited by pietillidie on Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:12 pm

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/03/15/the-british-are-going-100-days-until-the-eu-referendum-the-brexit-campaign-has-the-big-mo/

Looking good for a Brexit. Attitudes like yours PtiD are pushing people to the right, pushing people to support a Brexit and pushing people to support Trump, Le Pen, Frauke Petry. My hard turn to the right started when I saw the left's true colours during the S11 Protests in 2000, it solidified as I saw nothing but sanctimonious blow hards who look down on anyone with an opposing view and prefer ridicule, hatred and finally violence to prevent any debate.

But keep on ranting, wailing, tearing at your garments and gnashing your teeth because every snide insult one like you creates another one like me.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:18 pm

^Yeah, it's my "attitude". Not billions of dollars from self-serving corporations driving racist fear and panic to manipulate national policy, but my "attitude" and use of sarcastic smilies Laughing

While you occupy yourself with Facebook chatter and trite little Internet spats with "Leftists", the real economics carries on.

Is that all it's about for you? Reacting against people who irritate you? There's nothing else out there in the world going on which catches your eye?

"Ooh, I hate those Leftists. Let's elect George W., lose two wars and crash the world economy. That'll learn 'em!"

What vision! You really are a man of the world taking on the important issues!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:30 pm

Let's stick to the topic and not make this about personalities, guys.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:30 pm

Wokko, I'm surprised you're still reading Breitbart after key staff left in protest at the company's refusal to support a Breitbart reporter physically accosted by Trump thugs. Then again, the Trump people didn't know she was from Breitbart, so that made their assault okay Rolling Eyes

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/03/14/former-breitbart-reporter-editor-accuse-site-complicity-with-trump-campaign-after-alleged-assault.html

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/mar/14/breitbart-reporter-editor-at-large-quit-alleged-assault-trump-event

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:38 pm

pietillidie wrote:
Still sulking? Still pinning your self worth on the unimpeded dominion of Anglo-America are you?

I've only cleaned up the spilled and dumped rubbish on this property, and reported other dumped rubbish.

But no, I haven't picked up the poo of other people's dogs yet, though I am trying to bring it to people's attention and make it a local issue. Do you think I should get out there with a shovel, rather than help urge the council do its job and deal with the problem?

Do you even know anything about the city you live in, or do you walk around all day with motivational chants playing in your ears to keep reality from disrupting your ecstatic state?

Actually, you sound as fearful of reality as Boris "toff disguised as weirdo" Johnson, who thinks that having productive, prosperous relationships within the EU is a state-of-affairs so fatal, that its acceptance is akin to a national defeat. The bloke really does imagine that he's Winston Churchill. So much so that even needs to invent a German enemy to keep the fantasy alive!

Yep, Boris, "strike out for freedom", you great leader of an oppressed and weary people held back from greatness by the EU. Yep, you're not being held back by your own lords, toffs, nobles and backward racists, but by the rest of the world. It's all their fault Rolling Eyes

yep, ive been on committees in various capacities, coached local teams, been involved in clean up days, actually initiated clean up days in the schools my kids were in, and if im walking around the lake or along the esplanade, yes i will pick up the junk other drop kicks have left behind, ive never been one to bitch at the school gate, i front the principle every time, and you?

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:41 pm

Same as you, by the sounds!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 3 of 17   

Jump to: