Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Yay or nay - should Britain vote to leave the EU?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

They lack the importance to stuff up the entire world's economy. They might have created one of the critical preconditions for a fascist resurgence, though. Time will tell.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:16 pm

Morrigu wrote:
^ Would agree with that Mug based on what my friends and family who live there have said - the "unelected Brussels bureaucrats imposing law after law" seemed to be their greatest gripe and to a man they all voted out (if the last pics they sent are anything to go by there will be little work being done today Laughing )

I wonder what this will mean for Eire? The majority vote in NI was remain- but I haven't seen turn out numbers yet. I heard one of the Sinn Féin pollies calling for a vote for reunification - Id love to see that but hope it doesn't kick off the violence again!

The other thing I heard discussed pre Brexit was that should it be an out vote then there would be a need to reinstate borders (be they soft or hard) between the Republic and NI - if that happens gonna add some serious travelling time for many including a good few of my mob.

Time will tell I suppose Confused

Yes, no idea re Ireland. Britian and Ireland had long had a most favoured nation arrangement and free movement of people, a la Australia and NZ. I hope that continues, but the EU may have to ratify any position that Ireland takes. I suppose they would have to reinstitute border controls across NI or it become a hole in the bucket. I suppose the Scots will now call another referendum. It is certainly a seismic event for the UK.

Last edited by Mugwump on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:23 pm

^ Indeed it is that - unchartered waters Shocked

I nearly got shot at at a border crossing the first time I went back as a young thing - driving around by myself and I didn't know what to do ( no signs or anything telling you what to do) as I did know the "protocol" - eventually the lads with big guns came running at me yelling and dragged me out the car! As soon as I spoke - well yelled WTF - they said stand down fecken Australian - it's funny now but wasn't then - hate to ever see that nonsense return Sad

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:08 am

Morrigu wrote:
^ Indeed it is that - unchartered waters Shocked

I nearly got shot at at a border crossing the first time I went back as a young thing - driving around by myself and I didn't know what to do ( no signs or anything telling you what to do) as I did know the "protocol" - eventually the lads with big guns came running at me yelling and dragged me out the car! As soon as I spoke - well yelled WTF - they said stand down fecken Australian - it's funny now but wasn't then - hate to ever see that nonsense return Sad

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:05 am

Laughing Laughing
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:17 am

Interesting posts from Tannin and Mugwump! Been a fascinating 24 hours seeing how this has unravelled for Britain.

I'm hearing now that there's a real possibility that a Scottish independence referendum will take place in the near future again especially since the majority of Scotland supported staying in the EU.

sixpoints 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:11 am

Scotland has been dragged out of the EU against its will.
62% of Scots voted to remain, swamping the Brexit numbers of only 38%. In Scotland's capital Edinburgh, the vote was an amazing 74% to remain - an absolute landslide!
I recall posting during the 2014 Referendum that Scotland suffers a democracy deficit. What the people vote for is swamped and overturned by numbers in England.
Remember their is a Tory Government in Westminster now, with only ONE seat out of 59 in Scotland voting being Tory.
And now this Brexit, that a vast majority of Scots do not want.
There is absolutely no point remaining in the U.K.
The next Scottish Independence referendum will see to that. Given what happened yesterday, that Referendum will come.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:44 pm

It is worth recalling one popular view about the greatness of Britannia just before it joined the European Union.

Or it isn't - I don't mind as long as we can listen to Ray and Dave: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46MtwDtsLDg
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:08 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
They lack the importance to stuff up the entire world's economy. They might have created one of the critical preconditions for a fascist resurgence, though. Time will tell.

Just because they are Winging Poms Rolling Eyes

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:59 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Didn't know Poms could fly.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:45 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Didn't know Poms could fly.

Haven't you seen "Wizard of Oz"

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:49 pm

sixpoints wrote:
Scotland has been dragged out of the EU against its will.
62% of Scots voted to remain, swamping the Brexit numbers of only 38%. In Scotland's capital Edinburgh, the vote was an amazing 74% to remain - an absolute landslide!
I recall posting during the 2014 Referendum that Scotland suffers a democracy deficit. What the people vote for is swamped and overturned by numbers in England.
Remember their is a Tory Government in Westminster now, with only ONE seat out of 59 in Scotland voting being Tory.
And now this Brexit, that a vast majority of Scots do not want.
There is absolutely no point remaining in the U.K.
The next Scottish Independence referendum will see to that. Given what happened yesterday, that Referendum will come.

Yes, that is another serious downside of the debacle. I was strongly against Scottish independence at the referendum in 2014, because i did not believe it was in the Scots' interest or that of the rest of the Uk - but frankly, if I were Scottish, i'd now be supportive. This really does detach the pieces of a settlement that worked passably well, and toss them up in the air.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:00 pm

Wokko wrote:
Boris for PM!

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:26 pm

A whole lot of retarded British are today learning that they shouldn't believe what they read.

#Brigret

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:16 pm

Scotland can become independent all they like, but they wont get into the EU. Spain will veto them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 11 of 17   

Jump to: