Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Australian Federal Election 2016

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 12:06 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Culprit wrote:
The AFP raiding ALP offices in an election campaign just killed their independence.

http://www.news.com.au/national/politics/the-australian-federal-police-are-raiding-the-melbourne-offices-of-labor-staffers/news-story/04b4a1c1fb320520651a564d78dcf87c

I wonder who from the Liberal Party made the Call Rolling Eyes

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 12:23 am

watt price tully wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Is Richard in trouble? He's a hypocrite if this is proven to be factually correct.

Quote:
Greens leader Richard Di Natale fails to declare home, pays au pairs low wage

Greens leader Richard Di Natale failed to declare his family farm in Victoria's Otway Ranges for 15 months, breaching parliamentary rules and potentially placing him in "serious contempt" of the Senate.

And Senator Di Natale has paid three au pairs to help with his family as little as $150 a week after tax, or $3.75 an hour - based on a standard 40-hour week - as well as room and board worth $300 a week.

Full article below:

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/federal-election-2016/election-2016-greens-leader-richard-di-natale-fails-to-declare-home-pays-au-pairs-low-wage-20160519-goywxq.html

Now that it's been shown to be untrue do you need to post a disclaimer or say your post in using bold & size 18 font is wrong, got it wrong or possibly retract it? Or does your wrong post merely perpetuate the smear?

http://m.huffingtonpost.com.au/2016/05/19/richard-di-natale-defends-paying-au-pair-150-a-week/

Seems there's some truth to itt, but still, very selective reporting by News Corp.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 1:56 am

David wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Is Richard in trouble? He's a hypocrite if this is proven to be factually correct.

Quote:
Greens leader Richard Di Natale fails to declare home, pays au pairs low wage

Greens leader Richard Di Natale failed to declare his family farm in Victoria's Otway Ranges for 15 months, breaching parliamentary rules and potentially placing him in "serious contempt" of the Senate.

And Senator Di Natale has paid three au pairs to help with his family as little as $150 a week after tax, or $3.75 an hour - based on a standard 40-hour week - as well as room and board worth $300 a week.

Full article below:

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/federal-election-2016/election-2016-greens-leader-richard-di-natale-fails-to-declare-home-pays-au-pairs-low-wage-20160519-goywxq.html

Now that it's been shown to be untrue do you need to post a disclaimer or say your post in using bold & size 18 font is wrong, got it wrong or possibly retract it? Or does your wrong post merely perpetuate the smear?

http://m.huffingtonpost.com.au/2016/05/19/richard-di-natale-defends-paying-au-pair-150-a-week/

Seems there's some truth to itt, but still, very selective reporting by News Corp.

What truth to it David?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:10 am

Well, the au pair was only being paid $150 a week (the catch is that food and accommodation were free, which potentially makes this a good deal for the employee in question). I've known backpackers who did jobs like this, and in some cases it seemed pretty exploitative; in others they were happy with the arrangement and thought it was a good way of earning money on a tourist visa.

As for him declaring his farm, I'm not quite sure what's happened there, apart from the fact that he's denied the allegation are there any stories that shed further light on this?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:42 am

^^^ The only light that need be shed is that it seems to have been a (successful) diversionary tactic to take the spotlight from David Feeney's remarkable conduct. Why the media allowed that to occur is anybody's guess.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:32 pm

David wrote:
Well, the au pair was only being paid $150 a week (the catch is that food and accommodation were free, which potentially makes this a good deal for the employee in question). I've known backpackers who did jobs like this, and in some cases it seemed pretty exploitative; in others they were happy with the arrangement and thought it was a good way of earning money on a tourist visa.

As for him declaring his farm, I'm not quite sure what's happened there, apart from the fact that he's denied the allegation are there any stories that shed further light on this?

They were paying what the au pair agency advised was the going rate & then some. That is the amount, board & lodgings & the amount they were advised to pay from the service. The amount did not occur in thin air.

However, now that its been demonstrated to be wrong then the quoting of it by bold & increasing it's size needs to retracted by Jezza or by the mods as it demonstrably wrong ( & I don't vote greens)

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:54 pm

watt price tully wrote:
David wrote:

They were paying what the au pair agency advised was the going rate & then some. That is the amount, board & lodgings & the amount they were advised to pay from the service. The amount did not occur in thin air.

However, now that its been demonstrated to be wrong then the quoting of it by bold & increasing it's size needs to retracted by Jezza or by the mods as it demonstrably wrong ( & I don't vote greens)
Not if the Mods agree to the same agenda.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 6:08 am

Jaqui Lambie, not the sharpest tool in the shed and in saying that.
Quote:
"Bernardi. He's just an arsehole. Typical 'I'm born with a silver spoon up my rear end," she said.
Absolute Gold!!! Very Happy

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/federal-election-2016/jacqui-lambie-lashes-cory-bernardi-on-kitchen-cabinet-born-with-a-silver-spoon-up-his-rearend-20160526-gp4ybz.html
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:21 pm

Andrew Hastie is upset as he was dumped by the ADF Reserve.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/federal-election-2016/election-2016-andrew-hastie-sacked-from-army-reserve-over-campaign-photos-20160608-gpeva1.html

The rules are very clear to all service personnel.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:18 pm

Lol at the Lambie clip. Laughing

As for Hastie, hard to believe that he was presented as such a golden boy in the lead up to that by-election. Turned out to be just another far-right nutcase.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:22 pm

I've always thought it a real problem that most voters go to the booth having little to no idea who all the minor parties are or what they stand for. To that end, this blogger does an excellent job of analysing their policies in-depth.

http://www.catespeaks.wordpress.com

She comes at it from a bit of a left-wing/old-fashioned Greeny perspective, but she provides enough information to let you make up your own mind on each party's accordance with your own views.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:58 pm

David wrote:
Lol at the Lambie clip. Laughing

As for Hastie, hard to believe that he was presented as such a golden boy in the lead up to that by-election. Turned out to be just another far-right nutcase.
Working in defence I can tel you most current and ex defence personnel are far right wing. So much so that the ADF has started a program to promote Islam as a religion of peace. Shocked
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:05 pm

The Federal Election and the Collingwood vs Carlton game are both on Saturday 2nd July.

Polls close in the Eastern states: 6:00pm (EST)
Polls close in Adelaide + Darwin: 6:30pm (EST)

Game starts: 7:25pm (EST)

Polls close in Perth: 8:00pm (EST)

Should be an interesting night.

Any Nickster political tragics that will be at the game and glued to their phones? Very Happy

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:38 pm

Oh shit. I'll certainly be flipping channels. Smile
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:42 pm

Footy wins. The election result will be the same whether I'm watching or not. (well, I guess the same could be said for the footy, but I know which is more interesting IMHO)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 20 of 47   

Jump to: