Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Australian Federal Election 2016

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:28 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Listening to the news gave me the impression that this election was going to be tight, given all the negativity swirling around Malcolm Turnbull. But according to the bookies and the polls it seems like the Coalititon are going to romp it in. http://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/politics/australian-federal-politics
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:29 am

Did him or her the impression that this election was going to be tight given all the negativity swirling Malcolm Turnbull keep it?
Dangles 

Balmey Army

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 12:07 pm

HAL wrote:
Did him or her the impression that this election was going to be tight given all the negativity swirling Malcolm Turnbull keep it?

You're starting to sound like George W Bush.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:44 pm

stui magpie wrote:
That's a hell of a defence strategy. Did it work?

No, they pay me the big bucks because I'm hopeless. What do you think? Wink
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 6:00 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
That's a hell of a defence strategy. Did it work?

No, they pay me the big bucks because I'm hopeless. What do you think? Wink

Just checking, you wouldn't have been the first. Wink

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:02 am

I hope everyone is enjoying their $80000 a year salary. You will get some tax relief. Anyone under that, well you really don't exist.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:32 pm

Submarines threaten to sink Morrison's ( & the Libs) credibility:

".....Under pressure from Laurie Oakes with an allegation that the French subs are nearly twice as expensive as the German offering, Morrison said: "This bid we have entered into a negotiation on, so it's a negotiation now, the designs have not even been drawn up yet on what the submarines might be."
So, what was the Adelaide show – just a Prime Ministerial camera op with the biggest-possible dollar sign for PR purposes?.
..."

http://www.theage.com.au/business/federal-budget/federal-budget-2016-subs-sink-scott-morrisons-credibility-20160502-gojtud.html

Oops. This is starting to look like a right royal f*ckup. Talk about paying overs.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:35 pm

I can think of more than one Adelaide show – a Prime Ministerial camera op with the biggest-possible dollar sign for PR purposes.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:43 pm

watt price tully wrote:

".....Under pressure from Laurie Oakes with an allegation that the French subs are nearly twice as expensive as the German offering, Morrison said: "This bid we have entered into a negotiation on, so it's a negotiation now, the designs have not even been drawn up yet on what the submarines might be."
So, what was the Adelaide show – just a Prime Ministerial camera op with the biggest-possible dollar sign for PR purposes?.
..."

http://www.theage.com.au/business/federal-budget/federal-budget-2016-subs-sink-scott-morrisons-credibility-20160502-gojtud.html

Oops. This is starting to look like a right royal f*ckup. Talk about paying overs.

Andrew Bolt slammed the decision too, citing the French willingness to screw with buyers of their tech when war aims don't line up with French foreign policy, like for example the embargo in Israel during the 6 day war and also threats against Australia in 1968 not to use our Mirage jets in Vietnam.

I would think we'd be far better off with the Japanese offer like Tony Abbott was first pushing and I feel the decision to screw them over for the French is a Turnbull "Captains Call" so he could take credit for the whole thing rather than Abbott.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:58 pm

Wokko wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

..."

Andrew Bolt slammed the decision too, citing the French willingness to screw with buyers of their tech when war aims don't line up with French foreign policy, like for example the embargo in Israel during the 6 day war and also threats against Australia in 1968 not to use our Mirage jets in Vietnam.

I would think we'd be far better off with the Japanese offer like Tony Abbott was first pushing and I feel the decision to screw them over for the French is a Turnbull "Captains Call" so he could take credit for the whole thing rather than Abbott.

While I don't dismiss Bolt outright you do have to take him with a mine of salt given his loathing for Turnbull & his devotion to the Mad Miners Monk.

Seems like they've gone overboard with the local content just to by a few seats in South Australia. Why not also build some in Melbourne.

It's for Australia you know:

http://www.abc.net.au/insiders/ (click on the subs link on the right)

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 3:16 pm

To be fair, the French offer, while seeming overpriced also includes a technology purchase of the most cutting edge submarine innovations like a new quiet drive that only the French offer had. The Devil is in the details, if the French can withhold spare parts and cripple our Submarine fleet then I'd suggest going with another bid would be better.

And yeah, the pork barreling to shore up a few marginal SA seats is crazy. How much per vote is $80B Laughing
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:14 pm

The French Subs are best. The detail is the build doesn't start to 2018 and a lot can happen between then and now. We can have 5000 drone submarines with 50 biliion.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:34 pm

^

Where would we find 5000 nerds to pilot them remotely? Razz

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:06 am

stui magpie wrote:
^

Where would we find 5000 nerds to pilot them remotely? Razz
Any local FPS network. Razz
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 6:13 am

A well planned no impact Budget as 99% of it was leaked. I would call it a nothing budget as heading into an election you don't want to give people bad news. Wait till you get back in then deliver that news.

I am so pumped. People earning more than $80000 a year will get a tax cut of up to $6. Woo Hoo That's an extra coffee a week and the bonus is I can buy a viewpaper to read with my coffee.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 16 of 47   

Jump to: